Oregon vs. Washington

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:42 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Dudes name is Kim...?

Jesus....

And he sells real estate for Windermere in Renton-Tukwila.

Therefore, if you're a local Duck (or Coug) fan in that area, you might want to reconsider listing a home through that Windermere office. I suspect his whole Mutt "hyper-fan" schtick is simply an attempt to get an edge in real estate...just like with joining professional organizations, being active in a local mega church and the similar. Simply wear a lilac shirt, sport a pee-colored tie and market yourself as the "agent for real Husky fans."

Makes you want to take a shower, doesn't it?
    Last edited by DohBoy on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 am
  • CallMeADawg wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.

Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot:

Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 am
  • This thread is going to look really embarrassing in a few weeks. Oregon's defense is legitimate (See: Golden Bears, California) and the offense is still next to impossible to defend if you don't have SEC/Stanford defenses.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:49 am
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

Apparently "1.5 National Championships" is the new "Five Super Bowls."

Note: 1.5 could change to 2/3/4 by the time you read this, as someone may have edited the Husky wiki page in the interim to add another one.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 pm
  • This "You guys are arrogant!" "No! You are!" Debate is going to explode next week if UW beats Stanford. I'm hoping UW wins this week, because I have tickets to UW/Oregon and would love to see a couple undefeated teams ranked in the top 10 duel on a Saturday afternoon in October.

Carry on gents.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 pm
  • One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

I don't blame them for doing so because it's obviously very effective (cutting edge uni's appeal to recruits and the read option wins games), I'm just curious if any Husky fans didn't like the fact that they're obviously mimicking the team they despise so much?
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:43 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

I don't blame them for doing so because it's obviously very effective (cutting edge uni's appeal to recruits and the read option wins games), I'm just curious if any Husky fans didn't like the fact that they're obviously mimicking the team they despise so much?

I'll bite, it feels dirty to me. Really dirty.

However, I do think Sark doing that in one offseason is amazing and a testament to him being a pro-level coach.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

C,mon man, when you were dressing just like Jordan Knight, did I mock you?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:54 pm
  • I still remember what you did to me when I dressed like Bobby Knight.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:03 pm
  • DohBoy wrote:
    Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

Note: 1.5 could change to 2/3/4 by the time you read this, as someone may have edited the Husky wiki page in the interim to add another one.

Stop reading Wiki's and go read the NCAA books.

Hint: It is more than the "1.5" you stated.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:29 am
  • CallMeADawg wrote:
    DohBoy wrote:
    Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

Stop reading Wiki's and go read the NCAA books.

Hint: It is more than the "1.5" you stated.

Dust those trophies. Be sure the ones from the bronze age don't get too much patina on them. 5 rings.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:29 pm
  • Oh, oh Scott...they're arguing about the decimal points now. Lest we all forget, this is what happened last time:

Thus, let me play the peacemaker: Everybody just keep your shirts on, your Zima's capped and your goatees tight. CWAJGA?
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:41 pm
  • DohBoy wrote:Oh, oh Scott...they're arguing about the decimal points now. Lest we all forget, this is what happened last time:

Thus, let me play the peacemaker: Everybody just keep your shirts on, your Zima's capped and your goatees tight. CWAJGA?

Shirtless guy would have gone 12 rounds and felt no pain. Dude in the black jacket seemed like one of those LETS FIGHT!!! (somebody hold me back so I can look tough but don't really have to fight) types.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:47 pm

I don't really mind for a couple reasons:

1) Everything is a variation off of what somebody else has already done.

2) They don't give out trophies for being first.

3) You can't not do something that's gonna help you win just because another team already did something similar.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Pretty sure the placard play calling was started by Oklahoma State. Nebraska and Oregon were quick to adopt... Kelly certainly has progressed it.

Here's to the Huskies tonight. Be great to have a battle of top 10s next week
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:19 pm
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
    CallMeADawg wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.

Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot:

Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

But we didn't start writing that book until we had a championship...or 2. UO is re-writing the book and 'From runt to arrogant, Natty? We don't need no stinking Natty' would be a great title for it.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Ok, since Stanford beat Washington now we need Washington to beat Oregon and then Oregon to beat Stanford.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:02 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Ok, since Stanford beat Washington now we need Washington to beat Oregon and then Oregon to beat Stanford.

Gotta be honest, the STanford part of that equation has me pretty worried. We just don't match up well with them if they go to that power formation. Don't mean to kick you while you're down but i'd be shocked if Oregon doesn't cover the spread next week. (If DAT plays. If DAT is out again, then it might be another nail biter.)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:05 pm
  • It's officially my favorite week of the year! Hate Husky week! Boo dogs, yay Ducks!
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:39 pm
  • I don't see how Washington slows down De'Anthony, Addison and Huff with Mariota slinging it.

I mean I dare Washington to stack the box like they did vs Stanford all night. Oregon will light that up.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:52 am
  • cesame wrote:I don't see how Washington slows down De'Anthony, Addison and Huff with Mariota slinging it.

I mean I dare Washington to stack the box like they did vs Stanford all night. Oregon will light that up.

Ok
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:51 am
  • ESPN Gameday announced that they will be there to chronicle the Husky tears.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:14 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:ESPN Gameday announced that they will be there to chronicle the Husky tears.

Awesome news! Cannot wait!
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Line opened at 9.5 and has already been pushed up to 14 by betters.

I think Oregon covers.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:05 pm
  • Yeah, let them come in and expect a cakewalk. :twocents:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 pm
  • CallMeADawg wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI-_vxHSQDA

That was pretty awesome. I'm glad both teams are good. Should be a fun game.

Just wait til nikes exploding tennis shoe activates on uw in the 3rd quarter.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:ESPN Gameday announced that they will be there to chronicle the Husky tears.

Awesome news! Cannot wait!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really going to enjoy seeing tens of thousands of purple-&-pee clad dorks/wimps/pussies crying their eyes out after this one. My predictions:

Many lawn mowers will fail to start in the fourth quarter.

Much chardonnay will be consumed by a grieving "hardcore" fanbase.

Many false hopes about "finally arriving" will be tucked away for another season. Again.

Please, if there is a Nike in heaven, kick the shit out of those cupcakes and keep them in their "7/8-Win" malaise. I'm all for letting them have their self-proclaimed "Preseason National Championships"...as long as Sark is there for a long, long time.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:03 pm
  • I'm so happy for Coug fans that they finally have a below average again, instead of stinking up the entire state, they feel they can sit with us.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:18 pm
  • Throwdown, DohBoy is a deity.

Kneel, knave. Deity likes the under...coug.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:22 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I'm so happy for Coug fans that they finally have a below average again, instead of stinking up the entire state, they feel they can sit with us.

Sit where? The "Defeated Season" banquet table? With you, Duke and South Carolina?

I don't think so, Billy Joe.

DohBoy
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:27 pm
  • Ahhh yes... A cougar fan. My favorites. :)

I aint even mad we lost the Apple Cup last year. Not one bit. If you cant kick a chip shot field goal to win (which UW's failtastic kicker couldnt do) you dont deserve to win. 2012 Huskies were a completely bipolar trainwreck.

Here ya go buttercup:

Last edited by CallMeADawg on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:33 pm
  • WSU still got that morbidly obese kicker?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:34 pm
  • He's trimmed down to pudgy this year.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:39 pm
  • Well that sucks, he was my hero.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:28 am
  • New uw helmets for this game. I like the look of them, I'm just wondering if they come in men's or just the woman's model shown here?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWJNWdMCIAM5dDl.jpg

P.s. I remember when uw fans used to make fun of us for having white helmets and black helmets and chrome helmets. And also for our gimmicky offense. My how times have changed.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:36 am
  • Oh jeezus, Jseahawks is three-knuckles deep into rivalry week. He's wearing his Robert Pack custom Ducks Football jersey. Makes me sick.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:42 am
  • pehawk wrote:Oh jeezus, Jseahawks is three-knuckles deep into rivalry week. He's wearing his Robert Pack custom Ducks Football jersey. Makes me sick.

Any chance to poke fun at the huskies is a chance I have to take. If y'all win on Saturday I expect 9 years of ridicule to be thrown right back in my face.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:17 am
  • I'm just gonna moon walk around my house if the Dawgs win.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:New uw helmets for this game. I like the look of them, I'm just wondering if they come in men's or just the woman's model shown here?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWJNWdMCIAM5dDl.jpg

P.s. I remember when uw fans used to make fun of us for having white helmets and black helmets and chrome helmets. And also for our gimmicky offense. My how times have changed.

I thought Breast Cancer month was just for the NFL.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:50 am

Even captured the 24874893724832 uniforms, flawless
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:00 pm
  • You photoshop cats got NOTHING on my MS Paint skills, suckas.

3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:08 pm
  • Sounds liked there's a pretty good chance deanthony Thomas is not playing. Game time decision but he sounded pretty pessimistic today. Obviously that would be a huge factor in the game.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:12 pm
  • Even without Thomas there is going to be an absurd amount of speed on the field Saturday. Kind of like those old Florida State/Florida games from the mid 90's.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:22 pm
  • I'd gone Miami (Erickson) vs FSU, personally, but point remains.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:29 pm
  • The speed on Erickson's Miami teams were mostly on defense, so FSU and Miami always play low scoring games. Florida/Florida State had equal talent on both sides, big plays all over the place.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:37 pm
  • Speaking of speed. Here's the explosion plays for the Ducks offense this year (anything over 25 yards). The Ducks have 35 through 5 games, had 46 all of last year:

75 - Addison rec. at COLO (Mariota)*
    71 - Mariota rush at UVA*
    57 - Mundt rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    54 - Huff rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)*
    49 - Marshall rush vs. NICH*
    47 - Marshall rush vs. NICH
    46 - Mariota rush vs. NICH*
    46 - Huff rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
    45 - Hawkins rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)*
    45 - Forde rush vs. NICH
    44 - Addison rec. at COLO (Mariota)*
    40 - Forde rush at COLO
    40 - Thomas rush at UVA*
    40 - Lowe rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
    39 - Huff rec. at COLO (Mariota)
    38 - Addison rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    37 - Allen rec. vs. COLO (Rodrigues)
    36 - Marshall rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    31 - Huff rec. at UVA (Mariota)
    31 - Tyner rush at UVA*
    31 - Huff rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
    30 - Addison rec. at UVA (Mariota)*
    28 - Mundt rec. vs. CAL (Mariota)
    28 - Thomas rush vs. TENN*
    28 - Thomas rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    28 - Huff rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    28 - Thomas rec. at UVA (Mariota)
    28 - Rodrigues vs. NICH
    27 - Huff rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
    27 - Addison rec. vs. NICH* (Mariota)
    27 - Mariota rush vs. NICH
    26 - Mariota rush vs. NICH
    26 - Huff rec. at COLO (Mariota)*
    25 - Marshall rush vs. CAL*
    25 - Huff rec. vs. CAL (Mariota)
    * indicates touchdown
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm
  • Good thing Huskys aren't a bird dog. Now if it was the UW labs or German shorthairs, ducks might be in trouble.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:51 pm
  • seahawks2k and I we're trying to reminisce, and duckboy comes waltzing in. I was about to do a Bentley reference, too. Way to go.

XOXO

Darrin Smith
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:56 pm
  • We'll soldier on, I'm getting a high top fade right now as we speak.

Leon Searcy
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information