Saturday, 9/7 Football thread.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Here's the games:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... wers-guide

For breakfast i'll be watching Florida at Miami.

For lunch i'll be watching my Ducks destroy Virginia. With a side of Georgia vs South Carolina during commercials and halftime.

For dinner it will be Notre Dame vs Michigan. Go Wolverines!!

And for late night snack i'll be flipping back n forth between Stanford vs San Jose State (Watch SJS QB David Fales. He's the best QB in the country that nobody has heard of and might be a future first round pick) and Washington State vs USC (Try not to watch USC's QBs.... they'll make you puke up your dinner).

The blurb on the WSU/USC game made me giggle:

Tune in for the chance to mock Lane Kiffin, and stay for what could prove to be an exciting game. Or what could be an exciting game of mocking Lane Kiffin. It's your life, live it how you want to.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Here are my viewing options from my smalltown cable company. (all times Eastern)

12:00
Florida @ Miami
Cincinnati @ Illinois
SE Louisiana @ TCU
Western Kentucky @ Tennessee
Oklahoma State @ UTSA
Houston @ Temple

12:30
Middle Tennessee State @ North Carolina
South Carolina State @ Clemson

3:30
Oregon @ Virginia
San Diego State @ Ohio State
Buffalo @ Baylor

4:00
Alcorn State @ Mississippi State

4:30
South Carolina @ Georgia

6:30
Louisiana-Lafayette @ Kansas State

7:00
West Virginia @ Oklahoma
Texas @ BYU
Stephen F Austin @ Texas Tech

7:30
Austin Peay @ Vanderbilt

8:00
Notre Dame @ Michigan

10:30
Washington State @ USC

That, my friends, is why I love Saturdays this time of year.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The itinerary matches mine, except there won't be much flipping back and forth between Stanford/SJSU and SC/WSU. Although San Jose did give Stanford a run this year.

I think Virginia hangs with Oregon for a quarter and a half, then gets gassed and the final is something like 48-14.

I'll be keeping an eye on WVU and Oklahoma, although I think Oklahoma is going to do terrible things to WVU. West Virginia needs a quarterback.

Florida Miami is going to be the exact opposite of when these teams played last decade. Bet the under.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Fales is pretty well known. He didn't look too great against Sacramento State, but he's still one of the top Senior QB's. Has potential to be taken early to mid first round and likely the second or third QB taken after Bridgewater.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
IMO -- David Fales is one of the most overrated players with regards to the draft. A classic draftnik/twitter favourite.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":39t9x75g said:
IMO -- David Fales is one of the most overrated players with regards to the draft. A classic draftnik/twitter favourite.

Thank YOU! I'm getting so much heat about not tripping on my meat to praise this guy. Which is weird, since he's not a local athlete or anything. It's like he's got a rabid Tebow cult that tries to make you out to be a blasphemer if you aren't on his praise train.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
What station are the Dawgs on, on comcast. says big ten network but I'll be damned if I can find it. WTF?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Watching the Illinois-Cincinnati game to get an idea about Washington's next opponent. They're nowhere near as bad as they were last year.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1dzjodph said:
What station are the Dawgs on, on comcast. says big ten network but I'll be damned if I can find it. WTF?

The Dawgs as in UW? They don't have a game today.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That looked like PI to me by Oregon early on. Announcer said uncatchable but upon further review that ball was very close to the receiver

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'm digging South Carolina's all whites today. I also get the feeling they are winning this game about 23-13

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Thats assuming they don't get washed down on that toss play all game.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Pretty sloppy first half of football by the Ducks. Lots of unnecessary penalties. Quite a few dropped passes. Not real impressed with Scott Frost as the play caller so far... although i'm hoping we're just keeping things vanilla until we get to pac 12 play, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Yeah, there is a lot of potential layering to this playcalling that they aren't utilizing right now.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I haven't seen a defense look as bad as Cal's does in a long time. 230 yards of offense for Portland State, five minutes left in the first.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1vhxpz9h said:
I haven't seen a defense look as bad as Cal's does in a long time. 230 yards of offense for Portland State, five minutes left in the first.

Go Vikings!