Glad To See Chumps Like Patterson, and Peterson Exposed

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Yeah Patterson welcome to a big boy conference. Peterson keep hiding in your chump ass Mountain West.

Glad UW exposed Peterson for the fraud he is. Scared even to join the Big Least. Get outta here. Keep padding your record.

Patterson you chose wrong beyotch. LSU should have beat you by 20. Welcome to a big boy conference and playing real teams. What was his record down the stretch last year in the mediocre Big 12? 3-6? 2-5? Big 12 sucks so far, so he may finish 7-6/6-7.

Whatever happened to Utah's football program? Yeah they joined a real conference and got shit stomped. Kyle Whittingham?

Glad to see these coaches get exposed. For years I had to hear about these frauds and how they can beat anyone. My answer = not by attrition. 1 game maybe, but not with a quality schedule. Now they all get exposed and I love being right.

Bring it, hate on me, I love it!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":5qwrqzb3 said:
Yeah Patterson welcome to a big boy conference. Peterson keep hiding in your chump ass Mountain West.

Glad UW exposed Peterson for the fraud he is. Scared even to join the Big Least. Get outta here. Keep padding your record.

Patterson you chose wrong beyotch. LSU should have beat you by 20. Welcome to a big boy conference and playing real teams. What was his record down the stretch last year in the mediocre Big 12? 3-6? 2-5? Big 12 sucks so far, so he may finish 7-6/6-7.

Whatever happened to Utah's football program? Yeah they joined a real conference and got shit stomped. Kyle Whittingham?

Glad to see these coaches get exposed. For years I had to hear about these frauds and how they can beat anyone. My answer = not by attrition. 1 game maybe, but not with a quality schedule. Now they all get exposed and I love being right.

Bring it, hate on me, I love it!

Don't be corny.

kearly

Reaction score
I kind of agree with you StonedCold, but I like playing devil's advocate sometimes too.

-BSU was 6-1 under Petersen vs. the Pac-10/Pac-12 before getting stomped by UW. Yes, they did get raped by UW, but I'm pretty sure they'd be a very respectable team if they were on the Pac-12 docket, and when Kellen Moore / Doug Martin was there they very well might have represented a Rose Bowl or two.

-LSU is awesome, and would beat a lot of good teams by multiple TDs.

-Urban Meyer was very successful at Utah before winning titles in Florida and going undefeated at Ohio State.

The post Meyer Utah though? Agreed 100%. Whittingham is a solid coach, but Utah has become a bit of a cautionary tale for schools from small conferences who are thinking about joining the big boys.

justafan

Reaction score
What these coaches have accomplished at these small schools is amazing IMO.They do a fantastic job of coaching up lesser talent and competing at a high level.But getting up for 1 or 2 games is easier than week in week out competition of playing in a major conference.
BYU should have never been voted #1 after beating a 6-5 Mich. team and BSU or TCU should never be considered for the BCS game feeding on the Weber states of the world.
I think the BSU teams could have beaten any team on any given day but week in week out, depth would have hurt them.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
1 game doesn't change how good of a coach either of them are. I'd happily take either one of them if my team were in need of a new coach.

Their losses this weekend had more to do with their personnel then with their coaching, imo. The biggest reason that Boise State got beat is because they had absolutely no speed at all, on offense or defense, and couldn't keep up with the speed that Washington has. The coach had them in position to make plays, but they had no game breakers or difference makers that could make the plays. Didn't watch the LSU/TCU game, so cant speak on that one.

Btw, next time you want to write a smack talk thread, do it in the smack shack. You can easily make your point without all the "beyotches" and "chump asses", etc, etc.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
The funny thing is the "fraud" Peterson beat Oregon twice (at their best), while UW has beaten him twice. (I mean Tyrone (0-12) Willingham beat him.) LOL. It's why Oregon fans are always quick to defend him. Haha.

I know UW lost to him last year, but I'm rightfully embarrassed by the loss to Boise. I don't need to defend Peterson to make me feel better about myself. Both UW losses might be his biggest losses and the Oregon wins might be his biggest wins.

OP
OP
S

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3913c043 said:
Btw, next time you want to write a smack talk thread, do it in the smack shack. You can easily make your point without all the "beyotches" and "chump asses", etc, etc.

Haha, just a bunch of pent up frustration. Louisville will get the Boise/TCU/Utah hype this year. They play a bunch of nobodies. Bridgewater for Heisman! He beat up on a bunch of nobodies. No top 25 teams anyway.

I hate that about college football. I wouldn't even consider a guy who played a bunch of nobodies. Not for any award and definitely not for a BCS Bowl Game. In fact I would have the Cup Cake Bowl hosted by some cup cake company just for those teams. Probly would have been good advertising for Hostess Company before they went out of business.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":23kcdpel said:
JSeahawks":23kcdpel said:

Haha, just a bunch of pent up frustration. Louisville will get the Boise/TCU/Utah hype this year. They play a bunch of nobodies. Bridgewater for Heisman! He beat up on a bunch of nobodies. No top 25 teams anyway.

I hate that about college football. I wouldn't even consider a guy who played a bunch of nobodies. Not for any award and definitely not for a BCS Bowl Game. In fact I would have the Cup Cake Bowl hosted by some cup cake company just for those teams. Probly would have been good advertising for Hostess Company before they went out of business.

Yea, i'm going to be pretty pissed if Louisville somehow gets into the BCS title game this year. Bridgewater is pretty damn good though. I would take any Pac 12, Big 12, SEC one loss team over an undefeated Louisville.

cesame

Reaction score
Dawgs0":2zrkntn6 said:
The funny thing is the "fraud" Peterson beat Oregon twice (at their best), while UW has beaten him twice. (I mean Tyrone (0-12) Willingham beat him.) LOL. It's why Oregon fans are always quick to defend him. Haha.

I know UW lost to him last year, but I'm rightfully embarrassed by the loss to Boise. I don't need to defend Peterson to make me feel better about myself. Both UW losses might be his biggest losses and the Oregon wins might be his biggest wins.

Well that's false

Jeremiah Masoi is not Oregon at it's best. He's crap compared to Darron Thomas and Marcus Mariota.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
cesame":r4vp2i26 said:
Dawgs0":r4vp2i26 said:

Well that's false

Jeremiah Masoi is not Oregon at it's best. He's crap compared to Darron Thomas and Marcus Mariota.

Masoli wasn't terrible. He was good enough to beat a team like Boise. He got you to the Rose Bowl. I mean this is from Wikipedia. He sounds like a beast. :

"His 714 rushing yards in 2008 set an Oregon record for quarterbacks. Masoli was named to the Davey O'Brien Award watch list for the 2009 college football season. He also appeared on the cover of a regional August 2009 issue of Sports Illustrated, along with center Jordan Holmes. Masoli helped the Ducks win the Pac-10 Championship, advancing them to the Rose Bowl where they lost to the Ohio State Buckeyes 26-17. His 2,815 yards of total offense (2009) stands eighth on the school's single-season list."

cesame

Reaction score
You said Oregon at their best. Oregon at their best does not include Jeremiah Masoli playing QB. Yes, he's crap compared to Thomas and Mariota.

OP
OP
S

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2h11xo72 said:
Stoned Cold":2h11xo72 said:
JSeahawks":2h11xo72 said:

Yea, i'm going to be pretty pissed if Louisville somehow gets into the BCS title game this year. Bridgewater is pretty damn good though. I would take any Pac 12, Big 12, SEC one loss team over an undefeated Louisville.

Be prepared to be pissed. I think this is the last year the Big Least, and Louisville, has that BCS shoe in. Bridgewater is good. I just want him tested. I was laughing at their schedule. The last week I think they play Cinci who is marginal. I heard over half the teams they play this season lost week 1 lol.

I always enjoy talking to you, good luck to the Ducks. I mean that. Mariota is no joke, the more I learn about him I like. And I like the Ducks schedule this year. Virginia, and Tennessee are quality unlike last years non conference. Tennessee is down right now, but Oregon couldn't have seen that coming.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
cesame":2spfvsgl said:
You said Oregon at their best. Oregon at their best does not include Jeremiah Masoli playing QB. Yes, he's crap compared to Thomas and Mariota.

The dude got you to a Rose Bowl. In terms of team accomplishments, that's pretty great. Mariota hasn't gone farther (IMO, Rose Bowl > Fiesta Bowl, maybe you disagree). Thomas got to a NC, but lost. Unlike Masoli, he did win a Rose Bowl, though. Thomas and Mariota are obviously better (maybe FAR better) players, but the teams haven't gone much farther with them. I'm talking about the team and it's accomplishments, not individual players or QBs.

cesame

Reaction score
Dawgs0":1trvefvp said:
cesame":1trvefvp said:

The dude got you to a Rose Bowl. In terms of team accomplishments, that's pretty great. Mariota hasn't gone farther (IMO, Rose Bowl > Fiesta Bowl, maybe you disagree). Thomas got to a NC, but lost. Unlike Masoli, he did win a Rose Bowl, though. Thomas and Mariota are obviously better (maybe FAR better) players, but the teams haven't gone much farther with them. I'm talking about the team and it's accomplishments, not individual players or QBs.

Oregon Pts/G under Masoli - 37.7 pts/G (2009)

Thomas - 49.3 pts/G (2010), 46.2 pts/G (2011)
Mariota - 50.8 pts/G (2012)

Yes, the Ducks have been that much better on offense with Masoli not playing QB. It's not even really debatable. Those two QB's are that much better than Masoli, and it just makes the Ducks that much better.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
cesame":3r7qubav said:
Dawgs0":3r7qubav said:
cesame":3r7qubav said:

Oregon Pts/G under Masoli - 37.7 pts/G (2009)

Thomas - 49.3 pts/G (2010), 46.2 pts/G (2011)
Mariota - 50.8 pts/G (2012)

Yes, the Ducks have been that much better on offense with Masoli not playing QB. It's not even really debatable. Those two QB's are that much better than Masoli, and it just makes the Ducks that much better.

Here's my point. Like you posted, Oregon averaged 37.7 pts/G in '09. Boise held you to 8. 8 points!! Damn. That's almost 30 points under your average. That would have been like holding Mariota and Thomas to 20. They dominated your offense. I was wrong, to state that you were at your best, but you can't deny that you were damn good that year. That's all I'm saying.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Masoli is underrated by a lot of Duck fans. His game was really kind of Tebowish. He was a beast in the run game, but an awful thrower. He could complete passes because of the system but he was not even in the same galaxy as Mariota, Darron Thomas or a guy like Keith Price at throwing the ball down the field.

If Chip Kelly could have built a robot to run his offense, I think he would have built Marcus Mariota. Yes, Masoli did good things in the offense, but those teams were not nearly as complete as the team with Marcus running the show.

As for that 2009 game vs Boise State, it was just one of those games. The Ducks went out and laid a turd. All teams have them every so often (See Washington vs Arizona last year). Not making excuses, we just got our asses kicked that day.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":112hols2 said:
Masoli is underrated by a lot of Duck fans. His game was really kind of Tebowish. He was a beast in the run game, but an awful thrower. He could complete passes because of the system but he was not even in the same galaxy as Mariota, Darron Thomas or a guy like Keith Price at throwing the ball down the field.

If Chip Kelly could have built a robot to run his offense, I think he would have built Marcus Mariota. Yes, Masoli did good things in the offense, but those teams were not nearly as complete as the team with Marcus running the show.

He led you to the Rose Bowl, didn't he? BTW, Tebow was a better college QB, than any of those guys. As a college QB, Masoli wasn't bad. You don't need to be a great thrower in college to be successful.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Nobody said that Tebow wasn't, but JSeahawks was talking about styles and being able to throw.
Masoli led the Ducks to the Rose Bowl in a pretty down year for the Pac 12. The conference now is way ahead of what it was in 2009. USC had a rough year, Stanford was pretty good, was Oregon's only conference loss if I remember correctly. He was a good player but not on the same level as Mariota. And he lost to Boise twice.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I remember Alabama getting their butts handed to them by Utah a few seasons ago in a BCS game. All Alabama did since then is make the SEC their personal lap dog and winning championships. One game tells us nothing.

Stoned Cold, hmm, reference to that Boz movie or that fake Steve Austin beer chug guy?