Way too early 2014 mock draft

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If you're interested: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/pre-season-2014-mock-draft

I determined the order by splitting the 32 teams into three groups.

Group 1 – the ‘is it April yet?’ collection
Oakland, Jacksonville, San Diego, New York Jets, Detroit, Arizona, Cleveland, Buffalo, Tennessee, Carolina

Group 2 – The ‘oh dear, you’re really average’ section
Dallas, Miami, Kansas City, Washington, Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia

Group 3 – The big guns, like Seattle etc
New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Houston, Denver, Indianapolis, New York Giants, Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Francisco, Seattle

I put the three groups into a random organiser and the results were fairly acceptable. Oakland were given the #1 pick, which is apt given they’re already planning what to spend it on next April. New England face the New York Giants in the Super Bowl (again). And although the Seahawks only picked at #24, at least there’s the satisfaction of seeing San Francisco at #21 — meaning a first round playoff exit for Jim Harbaugh. Shame.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
LaMichael James and De'Anthony Thomas (my two all time favorite college players) both on the 49ers would suck.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2kcre9s3 said:
Thoughts on Lyerla?

Love him. His style of smash mouth, beast mode football would fit the Seahawks persona to a T. And I think he's a guy that will be a better pro then college player just because the tight end isnt really featured a ton at Oregon. The only negative I hear about him is that he's not the smartest dude in the world. Still lines up at the wrong spot occasionally.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Btw, in that draft scenario I wouldnt be surprised if Chip Kelly took Taj Boyd. I know he really wanted him coming out of high school.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for doing this. Did you find a solution for seeing the games this year?

I follow the Canes and can't see Perryman as a first rounder. If he is then this has to be a weak draft coming up. He's a great leader and a hard worker but pretty soft at the point of attack. He played at 217lbs last year and is reported to be 240 now so that will obviously help but he really hasn't been a standout like former first rounders Dan Morgan, Jon Beason, DJ Williams, or Vilma. He's much more like Sean Spence but without Spence's suddenness and instincts. Spence was only 3rd rounder last year. Plus the Canes D is really hurting at DT so lineman will be all over Perryman this year.

Still, I hope you are right...

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1z9z2da5 said:

Unfortunately not and it's getting desperate. Everything costs, and with a newborn on the way times are tight.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I like Colt a ton, and we need a TE, but if Ifo is still around you take him and let Browner walk. Yes he's not 6ft, but he is very, very good and will have a solid career in the NFL.

As for Mariota, I don't think he declares, he stays for his Jr year then come out.

cover-2

Reaction score
It's never too early to have a mock draft! As it stands right now TE seems to be our biggest need, so Lyerla makes a lot of sense. His style of play fits with the Seahawks physical identity. An athletic TE that is a proven playmaker would make our offense lethal. Giving Wilson weapons like Percy Harvin, Golden Tate, Colt Lyerla, Sydney Rice, with Lynch & Michael rotating at RB in the backfield would be so fun to watch.

I think DT and LB as of right now are going to be positions of need. If we were to pass on Lyerla then I would like Alabama LB C.J. Mosley. The 2014 draft could be a strong year for LB's. IMO I would us rather re-sign Brandon Browner and let KJ Wright hit free agency. Browner may not be a shut down CB, but he is hands down the most physical and intimidating CB in the NFL.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":28iljxds said:
Thunderhawk":28iljxds said:

Unfortunately not and it's getting desperate. Everything costs, and with a newborn on the way times are tight.
Dude, please add a donate widget to your website. Your Seahawks centered draft coverage is excellent and I am probably one of many that appreciate your insight and don't want to lose it. How much is the College Football package anyway? Is it Sky sports?