Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:51 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm
Posts: 170
JSeahawks wrote:
No. Typing LOL and HAHA after every sentence makes you look like a fool, unless you're a 14 year old girl.


Aren't you a mod? Didn't know taking shots at other posters was allowed. Or do you not follow the rules? LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Btw. As a Seahawks fan, are you jealous of the Rams?

They've been incredibly average at times, and at times completely terrible the last few years, (like the Huskies) but yes they've won a Championship sometime in the last century (like the Huskies). Saying that I am jealous of the Huskies would be like saying i'm jealous of the Rams.... which has never once crossed my mind as a Seahawks fan.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:53 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm
Posts: 170
JSeahawks wrote:
Btw. As a Seahawks fan, are you jealous of the Rams?

They've been incredibly average the last few years, but yes they've won a Superbowl sometime in the last century. Saying that I am jealous of the Huskies would be like saying i'm jealous of the Rams.... which has never once crossed my mind as a sports fan.


I'm jealous of their Super Bowl. Just like, you are likely jealous of UW's tradition, 7 Rose Bowls, and UW's National Championship trophy. LMAO.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Dawgs0 wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Btw. As a Seahawks fan, are you jealous of the Rams?

They've been incredibly average the last few years, but yes they've won a Superbowl sometime in the last century. Saying that I am jealous of the Huskies would be like saying i'm jealous of the Rams.... which has never once crossed my mind as a sports fan.


I'm jealous of their Super Bowl. Just like, you are likely jealous of UW's tradition, 7 Rose Bowls, and UW's National Championship trophy. LMAO.


Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.

I actually root for UW to win most of their games and hope they destroy Boise State. A good Husky team is good for a my Ducks team. Husky fans who've been around here for awhile and know some of my posting history can attest to that.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:08 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm
Posts: 170
JSeahawks wrote:

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.


Whether you care or not, history matters. If UW won a title this year, it would have "absolutely no impact on your life or feelings you have towards that school or football program." Get it? It would make no difference WHEN UW won.

The present has as much to do with the past, as the past does with the present. When you say you don't care about history, then you are implying that you don't care about how the programs got here. That's sad and disappointing. I know UO has no tradition, but I still thought UO fans would care about how college football got here and how college programs are what they are today.

But that's your choice. If you want to ignore history, because you weren't alive, then you can ignore the Declaration of Independence as well, because you weren't alive or anything else in the past that happened before you were alive. That's what you are implying. Why do you feel that way?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:13 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Dawgs0 wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.


Whether you care or not, history matters. If UW won a title this year, it would have "absolutely no impact on your life or feelings you have towards that school or football program." Get it? It would make no difference WHEN UW won.

The present has as much to do with the past, as the past does with the present. When you say you don't care about history, then you are implying that you don't care about how the programs got here. That's sad and disappointing. I know UO has no tradition, but I still thought UO fans would care about how college football got here and how college programs are what they are today.

But that's your choice. If you want to ignore history, because you weren't alive, then you can ignore the Dec. of Indepence as well, because you weren't alive or anything else in the past that happened before you were alive. That's what you are implying. Why do you feel that way?


History of my country (life) and the history of a random football program (entertainment) have absolutely no correlation to each other. I'm done with you. its not even worth my time.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:18 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm
Posts: 170
JSeahawks wrote:
Dawgs0 wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.


Whether you care or not, history matters. If UW won a title this year, it would have "absolutely no impact on your life or feelings you have towards that school or football program." Get it? It would make no difference WHEN UW won.

The present has as much to do with the past, as the past does with the present. When you say you don't care about history, then you are implying that you don't care about how the programs got here. That's sad and disappointing. I know UO has no tradition, but I still thought UO fans would care about how college football got here and how college programs are what they are today.

But that's your choice. If you want to ignore history, because you weren't alive, then you can ignore the Dec. of Indepence as well, because you weren't alive or anything else in the past that happened before you were alive. That's what you are implying. Why do you feel that way?


History of my country (life) and the history of a random football program (entertainment) have absolutely no correlation to each other. I'm done with you. its not even worth my time.


If it's entertainment, then why would you be jealous at all? Why would you care that UW won, if they won next year? If it doesn't matter, then why would you care? I guess it does matter. Haha.

If you have no answers, then that's fine. I've met numerous people, who don't want to admit they're wrong. LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:27 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1585
Dawgso, I'm not an Oregon alum. I went to WSU. If you could read, you'd realize that. I'm a fan of the Pac 12, I grew up as a Husky fan and root for them 11 games out of the year, even against Oregon.

And just because I'm not ending every sentence with "Haha" or "LMAO" doesn't mean I'm mad or I'm taking this seriously. I'm fairly neutral about this, just trying to figure out this argumentative young pup. For the last decade Husky fans have ceaselessly bitched about the Ducks and acted like their success is not earned. I don't understand the fascination.

You are clearly arguing just to argue at this point. Run along now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:13 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm
Posts: 170
seahawk2k wrote:
Dawgso, I'm not an Oregon alum. I went to WSU. If you could read, you'd realize that. I'm a fan of the Pac 12, I grew up as a Husky fan and root for them 11 games out of the year, even against Oregon.

And just because I'm not ending every sentence with "Haha" or "LMAO" doesn't mean I'm mad or I'm taking this seriously. I'm fairly neutral about this, just trying to figure out this argumentative young pup. For the last decade Husky fans have ceaselessly bitched about the Ducks and acted like their success is not earned. I don't understand the fascination.

You are clearly arguing just to argue at this point. Run along now.


WSU fan? I get the jealousy and hate now. Haha.

Like I've said, UO has sold out and I've explained why. If you want to call that "earned" then that's fine, but IMO there's a reason no other fan I've met of another school respects them. UO has no integrity.

But, continue to defend UO. UO and WSU fans share something. They don't have UW's tradition and are jealous of UW. I get it. LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:32 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8925
Location: With a white girl
Attachment:
uploadfromtaptalk1376587927921.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1376587927921.jpg [ 41.71 KiB | Viewed 215 times ]

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1585
“It is the mark of the mind untrained to take its own processes as valid for all men, and its own judgments for absolute truth.”


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:58 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm
Posts: 170
So, you believe that there are no facts in this thread? Only judgments? LOL.

There are some "cold, hard facts" in this thread, in which it would be ignorant to argue them.

But, continue with the condescending insults. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between and notice who the college student is and who the college grad is. Haha.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:13 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
Dawgs0 wrote:
So, you believe that there are no facts in this thread? Only judgments? LOL.

There are some "cold, hard facts" in this thread, in which it would be ignorant to argue them.

But, continue with the condescending insults. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between and notice who the college student is and who the college grad is. Haha.


Shut up prelag.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1585
Reading how you interpret my posts is a constant source of amusement for me. I look forward to a full football season of this.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bowl Projections
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm
Posts: 1827
He, this turned into a dawg and duck fight. Cool. Where's that popcorn eating emoticon???


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hawknation2014 and 13 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.