Bowl Projections

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:05 am
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Well, if you want to play this game, Chip Kelly beat the Cougs, but the Huskies Doog'd it against the Cougs. How's that feel? Honestly, who cares who beat who? We're talking about the Ducks and the Dawgs, how about we look at what is relevant... the head to head matchup and the overall record in the conference.

    To answer your question I was over the Stanford loss about sixty seconds after it happened, so it felt fine. i'm not one to get all bent out of shape over losses, footballs just entertainment to me. Same way that if the Huskies beat the Ducks this year i'll be over it after sixty seconds and ready to take the verbal lashing from many Dawg fans on this site who are probably lined up to rub it in.

    As for the rest of your post, history is history. I much prefer the here and now and am quite satisfied with the place my team is at. If you want to talk about ancient championships there are always 49er fans hanging around our board that you can bond with.


    Yes, let's talk head to head. Head to head UW has a "natty" and UO doesn't. UW has 7 Rose Bowls and UO doesn't. UW leads the series 58-42 head to head. How does that feel? You have to win 16 more JUST to catch up.

    Isn't that head to head?

    Tradition is the difference between a program that lasts and one that doesn't. UW and USC have the best traditions in the PAC. As other programs have risen and faded, UW has lasted. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade (dating back 6 or 7), except the one we're presently in.

    When Phil Knight is gone, will UO continue to succeed? Will the wins continue? I wouldn't know. I'm not sure. That's the difference between a program with tradition (UW) and one that has tried to buy victories, because they don't have tradition (UO).



    Finally a UW fan doing this here on the seahawk site, I've said for years UW fans are just like 49er fans. You do and say the exact things that piss off every Seahawk fan even after getting your ass kicked you bring up ancient history.

    Anyways UW fan=49er fan

    And not 1 person outside of UW thinks UW has the top lb. Shaq is your only legit player and you are fn him and putting him at LB . He could be a better Cam Chancellor.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2229
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:14 am
  • You really are fixating on that Ducks lost to Stanford and how it feels. If you are such a big Husky fan, surely you know how that feels to blow a shot at a National Title. 1990 against UCLA ring a bell? 1982 against WSU? So, how does it feel?
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:09 am
  • What Oregon lacks in tradition they make up in Disney licensed cartoon mascots.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5722
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:23 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:

    Finally a UW fan doing this here on the seahawk site, I've said for years UW fans are just like 49er fans. You do and say the exact things that piss off every Seahawk fan even after getting your ass kicked you bring up ancient history.

    Anyways UW fan=49er fan

    And not 1 person outside of UW thinks UW has the top lb. Shaq is your only legit player and you are fn him and putting him at LB . He could be a better Cam Chancellor.


    So Ohio State, Michigan, teams in the SEC, etc. currently suck, when they talk about tradition? Are those fans also like 49er fans? LOL. The fact is UO fans are jealous of the fact they don't have tradition and UW does. Continue to be jealous of UW. Haha.

    In college, tradition matters. Like I said, it's the difference between a program that lasts and one that doesn't. As other programs have risen and faded, UW has lasted. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade (dating back 6 or 7), except the one we're presently in.

    When Phil Knight is gone, will UO continue to succeed? Will the wins continue? I wouldn't bet on it. That's the difference between a program with tradition (UW) and one that has tried to buy victories, because they don't have tradition (UO).

    BTW, you obviously don't know anything about UW's team. Many people feel UW's LBs may be the best in the PAC. Travis Feeney might be better than Shaq. He's a lot faster at OLB and he's extremely physical and he's a beast. He was moved from safety and it was the best decision Wilcox has made so far. John Timu isn't as big as many MLBs, but he's extremely fast for the position. IMO, UW will have the fastest LB crew in the PAC next year. That's great for defending Oregon. They will just have to be disciplined.

    Shaq wanted to move to LB. He's continually stated that he has always wanted to move to LB and closer to the line of scrimmage, because even in high school, he was never good at covering for long periods of time. He said he loves the physicality of the position. If he wanted to play safety he could be there, because he's better than Shamburger (Shamburger isn't bad, though), but he'll be a much, much better OLB.

    But, Shaq will play all over the field and UW may move him around. IMO, he's not the best OLB on the team (Travis Feeney), but he's the most versatile one, with his ability to play any position on the field adequately, except on the D-line. Don't worry about UW, though. Worry about how well you've replaced Kelly and how much you'll drop off. UW will be fine and will have the best OLB crew in the conference and will have a great back 7.
    Last edited by Dawgs0 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:You really are fixating on that Ducks lost to Stanford and how it feels. If you are such a big Husky fan, surely you know how that feels to blow a shot at a National Title. 1990 against UCLA ring a bell? 1982 against WSU? So, how does it feel?


    I know it happened, but how I am supposed to know how it FEELS? I wasn't alive then. That's the difference between knowing you have tradition and FEELING those wins and losses.

    UO fans FELT that loss (choke job) last year, because they saw the game and experienced that failure. I didn't experience or FEEL those choke jobs. Understand?

    I felt that choke job versus Washington State, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter. If UW won that game and the Boise game, then UW would have been 9-4 and they would have improved, but it really wouldn't have mattered. It wasn't like UW choked away a chance for a title. (Like UO did, haha.)

    UW fans want to win championships. Going 9-4 or 7-6 makes no difference to me. It's a failure either way. Once we got hammered by LSU and Oregon and Arizona, the season didn't matter. Wilcox (Oregon grad) was unable to do his job and so UW was unable to compete. UO fans blame Sark. Is that fair? Who coached that defense? Blame Wilcox. He was the reason for UW's lack of success last year.

    If UW had choked against a team they should have beat in an attempt to win the title (like Oregon did), then I would have been very disappointed. It would have hurt. Just like the Super Bowl hurt for Seahawks fans. That's why that game must have hurt pretty bad for Oregon fans. That's all I'm saying. LOL.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:11 pm
  • I'm chillin, just remember that homie is speaking for himself.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19208
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:45 pm
  • My young little Husky fan, totally made an internal bet with myself on your age and nailed it.

    The reason I asked wasn't to prompt you repeating yourself about UW's tradition. A tradition that was built before you were born by the way. The reason I asked is because as a fan, or a fan for a long time, you experience a lot of terrible losses. As a fan, a real fan, I'd think you'd feel empathy for other fanbases that endure the same losses. Sure, you blindly hate the Ducks, I get that, part of your newfound fandom. But we're all fans and no different than the other than the fact that our life's confluence of events led us to root for different teams. To me, when I watched that Oregon game, I thought, damn, that sucks, I know how that feels, and I won't wish that on anybody.

    You ask how it feels for Oregon fans, compare it to the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and laugh about it, in your wooden syntaxt that ends with flat laughter on your part. Are you a Hawks fan? Why would you wish that experience on anyone but your mortal enemy? You are reveling in it when it happens to a fanbase that you hate/envy from afar?

    Furthermore, do you go to UW? Or are you one of those UW fans that never went there? I've found the most obnoxious UW fans, those pounding the drum of tradition and long since vanished elite status, didn't actually go to the school. The ones that actually went there, pretty humble people.

    Lastly, if you knew anything about Oregon, you'd realize that Phil Knight has galvanized the rest of the deep pocketed donor base to help fund these projects. They also have a very profitable(for both sides) connection with Nike, doubt that ends when Knight leaves. Its good business. The only thing that will kill Oregon is the rest of the conference catching up(already happening), sanctions(looks like that ship has sailed) or just the slow decay of the attention to detail and relentlessness that has become a symbol of their program since Chip got there.

    Keep spitting your UW propaganda though. One thing to remember. Tradition is not something that is established and therefore remains permanent. Tradition is ongoing, and it can be built. It can be gained and it can be lost. Study the game you talk so brashly about before you come on here with your rhetoric. You're embarassing yourself.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:35 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:My young little Husky fan, totally made an internal bet with myself on your age and nailed it.

    The reason I asked wasn't to prompt you repeating yourself about UW's tradition. A tradition that was built before you were born by the way. The reason I asked is because as a fan, or a fan for a long time, you experience a lot of terrible losses. As a fan, a real fan, I'd think you'd feel empathy for other fanbases that endure the same losses. Sure, you blindly hate the Ducks, I get that, part of your newfound fandom. But we're all fans and no different than the other than the fact that our life's confluence of events led us to root for different teams. To me, when I watched that Oregon game, I thought, damn, that sucks, I know how that feels, and I won't wish that on anybody.

    You ask how it feels for Oregon fans, compare it to the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and laugh about it, in your wooden syntaxt that ends with flat laughter on your part. Are you a Hawks fan? Why would you wish that experience on anyone but your mortal enemy? You are reveling in it when it happens to a fanbase that you hate/envy from afar?

    Furthermore, do you go to UW? Or are you one of those UW fans that never went there? I've found the most obnoxious UW fans, those pounding the drum of tradition and long since vanished elite status, didn't actually go to the school. The ones that actually went there, pretty humble people.

    Lastly, if you knew anything about Oregon, you'd realize that Phil Knight has galvanized the rest of the deep pocketed donor base to help fund these projects. They also have a very profitable(for both sides) connection with Nike, doubt that ends when Knight leaves. Its good business. The only thing that will kill Oregon is the rest of the conference catching up(already happening), sanctions(looks like that ship has sailed) or just the slow decay of the attention to detail and relentlessness that has become a symbol of their program since Chip got there.

    Keep spitting your UW propaganda though. One thing to remember. Tradition is not something that is established and therefore remains permanent. Tradition is ongoing, and it can be built. It can be gained and it can be lost. Study the game you talk so brashly about before you come on here with your rhetoric. You're embarassing yourself.


    Damn. What a laughable and completely inaccurate post. LOL. Let me clear some stuff up.

    Let me make something clear. I don't give a shit about Oregon or their school. I couldn't care less if they won that game or not. The fact is they didn't. So when UO fans act like Kelly is God, I point out that he was the coach when they had that choke job against Stanford. The same team Sark beat. The same Sark that UO fans all hate on. Haha. Get it? I doubt it.

    I didn't wish it on them. It happened, whether I wished it or not. That's a fact. You act like Oregon only choked, because I wished it on them. BTW, I feel empathy for people starving in Africa or suffering from cancer or some other disease. We're fans of a football team. There's nothing to feel empathy about. Football means nothing, in the grand scheme of things. I don't know if you truly understand that.

    If you're going to cry about a sporting event, then there's something seriously wrong with you. There was something seriously wrong with those Oregon fans crying after that Stanford choke job. I was laughing my ass off, watching UO fans cry over a football game. It's not like they suffered a real life tragedy. You need to put things in perspective. BTW, sports fans all over are happy when their rivals lose.

    Are you going to tell me you weren't happy the 49ers lost the Super Bowl? Did you feel empathy for the 49ers fans? I didn't and I'm not going to apologize for that. BTW, I dislike the way Oregon has sold out to win, but I don't hate them. I am a fan of a program with tradition, so there's no reason for me to envy UO.

    BTW, tradition doesn't change whether I was born or not. It is what is. The fact is tradition is something to be proud of. It shows a program that lasts. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade dating back 7 decades, except the one we're presently in. UW has national title and has the second best tradition (after USC) in the PAC. Something to be proud of.

    Phil Knight is the only reason Nike puts millions into Oregon. I doubt that a future Nike CEO will have the same fascination with helping Oregon succeed, so I doubt they'll continue to pour millions into the football program. Without the Nike money, UO will be on even footing with every other school in the PAC.

    Who do you think pays for all these renovations of the football program? Without Knight, Oregon is a mediocre program without tradition, like they've been for the 100 years before Knight. What's to envy about that? LOL.

    Propaganda? How is posting the truth on a message board and communicating/debating with others, propaganda?

    BTW, how is tradition lost? How do you lose 7 Rose Bowls? How do you lose the national title trophy on the UW campus? How the hell do you lose tradition? How could Ohio State or Michigan or some SEC team, like Bama, lose tradition?

    FYI, I'm a UW student and start a short summer class in a week, until school starts in September. And I've been a UW fan my whole life. Haha. Wrong again. But why do you care? I have friends that aren't UW students, who are as big UW fans as me.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:04 pm
  • If we could only rid the board of 49er and Duck fans.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10205
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:08 pm
  • pehawk wrote:If we could only rid the board of 49er and Duck fans.


    I agree with this. Haha.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:21 pm
  • UCLA has a much better tradition (they have actually won a full MNC) and is actually still relevant, than the UW golden gophers.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2229
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:41 pm
  • You do a brilliant job of not understanding what I write.

    Its good business for Nike to invest in Oregon. Apparently you do not understand this but you need to accept this. UW has a great business school, maybe they will teach you the what and the why of it there.

    What does tradition mean if you haven't won anything in years? What has Pittsburgh's tradition earned them recently? How many games has that won for them? What about Michigan State? Fordham? Celebrate your tradition, but do not think that it earns you anything right now.

    Your rhetorical tropes are weak. Deemphasizing the entire sport of football to make your point? The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it. Isn't that why you are here?

    How has Oregon sold out? A booster invested in the program after they made a Rose Bowl. Doesn't UW have similarily deep pocketed boosters not only for the athletic program but for the entire university? Don't corporations also build academic buildings on UW's campus? How is accepting funding from an alumni selling out? UW fans fixate on this whole Phil Knight thing to an insane degree. Rich Brooks laid the foundation, built a Rose Bowl team and then they solicited Knight. I don't understand how that is selling out? Being a whore for sometime hideous uniform experiments? Yeah, I think they might be guilty of that though. Especially those uniforms they wore for that bowl game against BYU, just awful.

    You said the following "I don't give a shit about Oregon or their school." This is after you have spent an entire thread ripping the Ducks because a Duck fan took a petty shot at your team and coach. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth sport.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:56 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:UCLA has a much better tradition (they have actually won a full MNC) and is actually still relevant, than the UW golden gophers.


    How many Rose Bowls does UCLA have? Hint: Less than UW.

    UW could say they have 2 or even 3 NCs, like it says in Wikipedia, but UW only says that we have one. A full and real NC. How many does Oregon have again? Haha. Continue to be jealous of UW and UW's success.
    Last edited by Dawgs0 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:18 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:You do a brilliant job of not understanding what I write.

    Its good business for Nike to invest in Oregon. Apparently you do not understand this but you need to accept this. UW has a great business school, maybe they will teach you the what and the why of it there.

    What does tradition mean if you haven't won anything in years? What has Pittsburgh's tradition earned them recently? How many games has that won for them? What about Michigan State? Fordham? Celebrate your tradition, but do not think that it earns you anything right now.

    Your rhetorical tropes are weak. Deemphasizing the entire sport of football to make your point? The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it. Isn't that why you are here?

    How has Oregon sold out? A booster invested in the program after they made a Rose Bowl. Doesn't UW have similarily deep pocketed boosters not only for the athletic program but for the entire university? Don't corporations also build academic buildings on UW's campus? How is accepting funding from an alumni selling out? UW fans fixate on this whole Phil Knight thing to an insane degree. Rich Brooks laid the foundation, built a Rose Bowl team and then they solicited Knight. I don't understand how that is selling out? Being a whore for sometime hideous uniform experiments? Yeah, I think they might be guilty of that though. Especially those uniforms they wore for that bowl game against BYU, just awful.

    You said the following "I don't give a shit about Oregon or their school." This is after you have spent an entire thread ripping the Ducks because a Duck fan took a petty shot at your team and coach. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth sport.


    What's not to understand? You love Oregon and you defend them with all your heart. It's fine, man. It's ok. I get it. LOL.

    It's good business, because Knight is the CEO of Nike and he wants Oregon to win. Nike could invest in any school and it would be "good business". Your business degree should hopefully help you understand that. I'm not taking business (engineering, in fact), but thanks for the unhelpful advice.

    Tradition is what sets apart programs that last and ones that don't. UW has won Rose Bowls in 7 straight decades. UO has been good for a decade, due to Knight. Without Knight, UO is a mediocre program with no tradition. Like I said, without Knight, Oregon will be back to what it was for the previous 90 years. The bandwagon fans will be gone and Autzen will be as empty as it used to be.

    If, as you state, "The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it.", then is that a good thing? Seems that people care too much about things they have no control over. I won't cry, if UW doesn't succeed this year. I'm smart enough to know that athletics mean nothing, in the grand scheme of things. They're not to be taken as seriously as you take them. But, you can cry your eyes out over Oregon's next choke job, if you like. I won't mind. Haha.

    Oregon has sold out by spending all their money on athletics (mainly football), while maintaing their below par academic reputation. They've allowed Knight to do whatever he wants on the campus, like he's the owner of the school. As if UO is an NFL team and Knight is their Paul Allen. The school has zero integrity.

    It doesn't matter to me, but it is what it is. Different uniforms worn, with no regard for school colors, and a ton (all) of their money going into football. I'm happy that UW hasn't forgotten that they are an institution of higher learning and they haven't sold out to win games. I'm sure you're happy that UO focuses on a meaningless sport, while their students get a below average degree, which impacts their life and truly matters, unlike football, which doesn't matter.

    What you don't get is that if a WSU or OSU fan had talked shit, then I would have responded with similar comments. I'm having fun smack talking on a sports forum. You are taking this way too seriously. Calm down, man. LMAO.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:36 pm
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:You do a brilliant job of not understanding what I write.

    Its good business for Nike to invest in Oregon. Apparently you do not understand this but you need to accept this. UW has a great business school, maybe they will teach you the what and the why of it there.

    What does tradition mean if you haven't won anything in years? What has Pittsburgh's tradition earned them recently? How many games has that won for them? What about Michigan State? Fordham? Celebrate your tradition, but do not think that it earns you anything right now.

    Your rhetorical tropes are weak. Deemphasizing the entire sport of football to make your point? The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it. Isn't that why you are here?

    How has Oregon sold out? A booster invested in the program after they made a Rose Bowl. Doesn't UW have similarily deep pocketed boosters not only for the athletic program but for the entire university? Don't corporations also build academic buildings on UW's campus? How is accepting funding from an alumni selling out? UW fans fixate on this whole Phil Knight thing to an insane degree. Rich Brooks laid the foundation, built a Rose Bowl team and then they solicited Knight. I don't understand how that is selling out? Being a whore for sometime hideous uniform experiments? Yeah, I think they might be guilty of that though. Especially those uniforms they wore for that bowl game against BYU, just awful.

    You said the following "I don't give a shit about Oregon or their school." This is after you have spent an entire thread ripping the Ducks because a Duck fan took a petty shot at your team and coach. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth sport.


    What's not to understand? You love Oregon and you defend them with all your heart. It's fine, man. It's ok. I get it. LOL.

    It's good business, because Knight is the CEO of Nike and he wants Oregon to win. Nike could invest in any school and it would be "good business". Your business degree should hopefully help you understand that. I'm not taking business (engineering, in fact), but thanks for the unhelpful advice.

    Tradition is what sets apart programs that last and ones that don't. UW has won Rose Bowls in 7 straight decades. UO has been good for a decade, due to Knight. Without Knight, UO is a mediocre program with no tradition. Like I said, without Knight, Oregon will be back to what it was for the previous 90 years. The bandwagon fans will be gone and Autzen will be as empty as it used to be.

    If, as you state, "The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it.", then is that a good thing? Seems that people care too much about things they have no control over. I won't cry, if UW doesn't succeed this year. I'm smart enough to know that athletics mean nothing, in the grand scheme of things. They're not to be taken as seriously as you take them. But, you can cry your eyes out over Oregon's next choke job, if you like. I won't mind. Haha.

    Oregon has sold out by spending all their money on athletics (mainly football), while maintaing their below par academic reputation. They've allowed Knight to do whatever he wants on the campus, like he's the owner of the school. As if UO is an NFL team and Knight is their Paul Allen. The school has zero integrity.

    It doesn't matter to me, but it is what it is. Different uniforms worn, with no regard for school colors, and a ton (all) of their money going into football. I'm happy that UW hasn't forgotten that they are an institution of higher learning and they haven't sold out to win games. I'm sure you're happy that UO focuses on a meaningless sport, while their students get a below average degree, which impacts their life and truly matters.

    What you don't get is that if a WSU or OSU fan had talked shit, then I would have responded with similar comments. I'm having fun smack talking on a sports forum. You are taking this way too seriously. Calm down, man. LMAO.


    Pssst. Seahawk2k is not a Ducks fan. From past interaction I believe he's a coug and a fan of the pac 12 in general, but not positive on that.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18603
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Pssst. Seahawk2k is not a Ducks fan. I believe he's a coug, but not positive on that.


    Are you sure about that?

    I don't know what he is, but he seems like a Ducks fan to me, with the way he defends UO. He defends UO more than some UO fans. LOL.
    Last edited by Dawgs0 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Dawgs0 wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:You do a brilliant job of not understanding what I write.

    Its good business for Nike to invest in Oregon. Apparently you do not understand this but you need to accept this. UW has a great business school, maybe they will teach you the what and the why of it there.

    What does tradition mean if you haven't won anything in years? What has Pittsburgh's tradition earned them recently? How many games has that won for them? What about Michigan State? Fordham? Celebrate your tradition, but do not think that it earns you anything right now.

    Your rhetorical tropes are weak. Deemphasizing the entire sport of football to make your point? The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it. Isn't that why you are here?

    How has Oregon sold out? A booster invested in the program after they made a Rose Bowl. Doesn't UW have similarily deep pocketed boosters not only for the athletic program but for the entire university? Don't corporations also build academic buildings on UW's campus? How is accepting funding from an alumni selling out? UW fans fixate on this whole Phil Knight thing to an insane degree. Rich Brooks laid the foundation, built a Rose Bowl team and then they solicited Knight. I don't understand how that is selling out? Being a whore for sometime hideous uniform experiments? Yeah, I think they might be guilty of that though. Especially those uniforms they wore for that bowl game against BYU, just awful.

    You said the following "I don't give a shit about Oregon or their school." This is after you have spent an entire thread ripping the Ducks because a Duck fan took a petty shot at your team and coach. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth sport.


    What's not to understand? You love Oregon and you defend them with all your heart. It's fine, man. It's ok. I get it. LOL.

    It's good business, because Knight is the CEO of Nike and he wants Oregon to win. Nike could invest in any school and it would be "good business". Your business degree should hopefully help you understand that. I'm not taking business (engineering, in fact), but thanks for the unhelpful advice.

    Tradition is what sets apart programs that last and ones that don't. UW has won Rose Bowls in 7 straight decades. UO has been good for a decade, due to Knight. Without Knight, UO is a mediocre program with no tradition. Like I said, without Knight, Oregon will be back to what it was for the previous 90 years. The bandwagon fans will be gone and Autzen will be as empty as it used to be.

    If, as you state, "The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it.", then is that a good thing? Seems that people care too much about things they have no control over. I won't cry, if UW doesn't succeed this year. I'm smart enough to know that athletics mean nothing, in the grand scheme of things. They're not to be taken as seriously as you take them. But, you can cry your eyes out over Oregon's next choke job, if you like. I won't mind. Haha.

    Oregon has sold out by spending all their money on athletics (mainly football), while maintaing their below par academic reputation. They've allowed Knight to do whatever he wants on the campus, like he's the owner of the school. As if UO is an NFL team and Knight is their Paul Allen. The school has zero integrity.

    It doesn't matter to me, but it is what it is. Different uniforms worn, with no regard for school colors, and a ton (all) of their money going into football. I'm happy that UW hasn't forgotten that they are an institution of higher learning and they haven't sold out to win games. I'm sure you're happy that UO focuses on a meaningless sport, while their students get a below average degree, which impacts their life and truly matters.

    What you don't get is that if a WSU or OSU fan had talked shit, then I would have responded with similar comments. I'm having fun smack talking on a sports forum. You are taking this way too seriously. Calm down, man. LMAO.


    Pssst. Seahawk2k is not a Ducks fan. I believe he's a coug, but not positive on that.


    No wonder he's always mad
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19208
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 pm
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Pssst. Seahawk2k is not a Ducks fan. I believe he's a coug, but not positive on that.


    Are you sure about that?

    I don't know what he is, but he seems like a Ducks fan to me, with the way he defends UO. He defends UO more than some UO fans. LOL.


    I don't think he's defending the Ducks as much as he's setting straight a Husky fan who's making himself look like a fool.

    LOL. Haha.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18603
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:47 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Pssst. Seahawk2k is not a Ducks fan. I believe he's a coug, but not positive on that.


    Are you sure about that?

    I don't know what he is, but he seems like a Ducks fan to me, with the way he defends UO. He defends UO more than some UO fans. LOL.


    I don't think he's defending the Ducks as much as he's setting straight a Husky fan who's making himself look like a fool.

    LOL. Haha.


    You mad bro? Hahaha.

    I know an Oregon fan made this post, but I still can't believe the ignorance in it. So according to you, posting facts make you look like a fool? Disagreeing with UO fans make you look like a fool? LMAO.

    That's really funny. I'd be a little surprised by the post if a non-Oregon fan made it, but as it is, I'm not. Continue to be jealous of all things UW. LOL.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:49 pm
  • No. Typing LOL and HAHA after every sentence makes you look like a fool, unless you're a 14 year old girl.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18603
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:51 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:No. Typing LOL and HAHA after every sentence makes you look like a fool, unless you're a 14 year old girl.


    Aren't you a mod? Didn't know taking shots at other posters was allowed. Or do you not follow the rules? LOL.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 pm
  • Btw. As a Seahawks fan, are you jealous of the Rams?

    They've been incredibly average at times, and at times completely terrible the last few years, (like the Huskies) but yes they've won a Championship sometime in the last century (like the Huskies). Saying that I am jealous of the Huskies would be like saying i'm jealous of the Rams.... which has never once crossed my mind as a Seahawks fan.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18603
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:53 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Btw. As a Seahawks fan, are you jealous of the Rams?

    They've been incredibly average the last few years, but yes they've won a Superbowl sometime in the last century. Saying that I am jealous of the Huskies would be like saying i'm jealous of the Rams.... which has never once crossed my mind as a sports fan.


    I'm jealous of their Super Bowl. Just like, you are likely jealous of UW's tradition, 7 Rose Bowls, and UW's National Championship trophy. LMAO.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 pm
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Btw. As a Seahawks fan, are you jealous of the Rams?

    They've been incredibly average the last few years, but yes they've won a Superbowl sometime in the last century. Saying that I am jealous of the Huskies would be like saying i'm jealous of the Rams.... which has never once crossed my mind as a sports fan.


    I'm jealous of their Super Bowl. Just like, you are likely jealous of UW's tradition, 7 Rose Bowls, and UW's National Championship trophy. LMAO.


    Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

    If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.

    I actually root for UW to win most of their games and hope they destroy Boise State. A good Husky team is good for a my Ducks team. Husky fans who've been around here for awhile and know some of my posting history can attest to that.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18603
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:08 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

    If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.


    Whether you care or not, history matters. If UW won a title this year, it would have "absolutely no impact on your life or feelings you have towards that school or football program." Get it? It would make no difference WHEN UW won.

    The present has as much to do with the past, as the past does with the present. When you say you don't care about history, then you are implying that you don't care about how the programs got here. That's sad and disappointing. I know UO has no tradition, but I still thought UO fans would care about how college football got here and how college programs are what they are today.

    But that's your choice. If you want to ignore history, because you weren't alive, then you can ignore the Declaration of Independence as well, because you weren't alive or anything else in the past that happened before you were alive. That's what you are implying. Why do you feel that way?
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:13 pm
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

    If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.


    Whether you care or not, history matters. If UW won a title this year, it would have "absolutely no impact on your life or feelings you have towards that school or football program." Get it? It would make no difference WHEN UW won.

    The present has as much to do with the past, as the past does with the present. When you say you don't care about history, then you are implying that you don't care about how the programs got here. That's sad and disappointing. I know UO has no tradition, but I still thought UO fans would care about how college football got here and how college programs are what they are today.

    But that's your choice. If you want to ignore history, because you weren't alive, then you can ignore the Dec. of Indepence as well, because you weren't alive or anything else in the past that happened before you were alive. That's what you are implying. Why do you feel that way?


    History of my country (life) and the history of a random football program (entertainment) have absolutely no correlation to each other. I'm done with you. its not even worth my time.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18603
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Bowl Projections
Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:18 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

    If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.


    Whether you care or not, history matters. If UW won a title this year, it would have "absolutely no impact on your life or feelings you have towards that school or football program." Get it? It would make no difference WHEN UW won.

    The present has as much to do with the past, as the past does with the present. When you say you don't care about history, then you are implying that you don't care about how the programs got here. That's sad and disappointing. I know UO has no tradition, but I still thought UO fans would care about how college football got here and how college programs are what they are today.

    But that's your choice. If you want to ignore history, because you weren't alive, then you can ignore the Dec. of Indepence as well, because you weren't alive or anything else in the past that happened before you were alive. That's what you are implying. Why do you feel that way?


    History of my country (life) and the history of a random football program (entertainment) have absolutely no correlation to each other. I'm done with you. its not even worth my time.


    If it's entertainment, then why would you be jealous at all? Why would you care that UW won, if they won next year? If it doesn't matter, then why would you care? I guess it does matter. Haha.

    If you have no answers, then that's fine. I've met numerous people, who don't want to admit they're wrong. LOL.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:27 am
  • Dawgso, I'm not an Oregon alum. I went to WSU. If you could read, you'd realize that. I'm a fan of the Pac 12, I grew up as a Husky fan and root for them 11 games out of the year, even against Oregon.

    And just because I'm not ending every sentence with "Haha" or "LMAO" doesn't mean I'm mad or I'm taking this seriously. I'm fairly neutral about this, just trying to figure out this argumentative young pup. For the last decade Husky fans have ceaselessly bitched about the Ducks and acted like their success is not earned. I don't understand the fascination.

    You are clearly arguing just to argue at this point. Run along now.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:13 am
  • seahawk2k wrote:Dawgso, I'm not an Oregon alum. I went to WSU. If you could read, you'd realize that. I'm a fan of the Pac 12, I grew up as a Husky fan and root for them 11 games out of the year, even against Oregon.

    And just because I'm not ending every sentence with "Haha" or "LMAO" doesn't mean I'm mad or I'm taking this seriously. I'm fairly neutral about this, just trying to figure out this argumentative young pup. For the last decade Husky fans have ceaselessly bitched about the Ducks and acted like their success is not earned. I don't understand the fascination.

    You are clearly arguing just to argue at this point. Run along now.


    WSU fan? I get the jealousy and hate now. Haha.

    Like I've said, UO has sold out and I've explained why. If you want to call that "earned" then that's fine, but IMO there's a reason no other fan I've met of another school respects them. UO has no integrity.

    But, continue to defend UO. UO and WSU fans share something. They don't have UW's tradition and are jealous of UW. I get it. LOL.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:32 am
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376587927921.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376587927921.jpg (41.71 KiB) Viewed 375 times
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10368
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Bowl Projections
Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 am
  • “It is the mark of the mind untrained to take its own processes as valid for all men, and its own judgments for absolute truth.”
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:58 am
  • So, you believe that there are no facts in this thread? Only judgments? LOL.

    There are some "cold, hard facts" in this thread, in which it would be ignorant to argue them.

    But, continue with the condescending insults. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between and notice who the college student is and who the college grad is. Haha.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:13 am
  • Dawgs0 wrote:So, you believe that there are no facts in this thread? Only judgments? LOL.

    There are some "cold, hard facts" in this thread, in which it would be ignorant to argue them.

    But, continue with the condescending insults. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between and notice who the college student is and who the college grad is. Haha.


    Shut up prelag.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15443
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Bowl Projections
Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am
  • Reading how you interpret my posts is a constant source of amusement for me. I look forward to a full football season of this.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Bowl Projections
Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 pm
  • He, this turned into a dawg and duck fight. Cool. Where's that popcorn eating emoticon???
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1870
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Next


It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests