Bowl Projections

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Bowl Projections
Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:25 pm
  • With the college football season right around the corner, never too early to start looking toward the end of it.

http://athlonsports.com/college-footbal ... tions-2013

For me, I like the UW-Air Force matchup since I grew up in Washington State (though closer to WSU) and my brother went to the Air Force Academy. Always nice to see a game with teams matched up where you care about both sides (in my case, I care about UW losing, Go Cougs!).

Not thrilled about UGA-Louisville. I think one big mistake the BCS makes is that they generally have crappy matchus outside of the Championship game. They really should try to fix that. All bowls, for that matter, should look at matchups more than their conference relationships, imho.

Other than those games (and the championship game), none of the games really jump out at me as interesting.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

Re: Bowl Projections
Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:49 am
  • Seriously, nobody has commented on these projections? Not even JSeahawks? Should I mention the Ducks suck? Will that bait him into posting???
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:57 pm
  • Don't you need the list of suspensions for getting paid for autographs before getting too serious about the bowls?
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:56 pm
  • If the Dawgs go to the New Mexico Bowl, Sark should, and will, be fired.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 am
  • HawkGA wrote:Seriously, nobody has commented on these projections? Not even JSeahawks? Should I mention the Ducks suck? Will that bait him into posting???

Sorry, I've been out of town and offline for the past 10 days. As a Ducks fan i'd be a bit disappointed in that Rose Bowl matchup. First, because I hope we're playing Alabama in the title game, second because if we do make the Rose Bowl I would love to match up against Ohio State.

As for the rest, I don't really see Notre Dame making a BCS game this year after losing their QB. And I think Washington will probably beat Boise STate which would most likely eliminate them from a big game and put Stanford into the Fiesta Bowl.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 am
  • I'd take another Fiesta bowl for the pokes.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:19 pm
  • ChrisB Bacon wrote:If the Dawgs go to the New Mexico Bowl, Sark should, and will, be fired.

Chill

With the teams in the Pac 12, you'd need one to make championship game to get a BCS bid, even as a UW fan I can admit they aren't better than UCLA, and damn sure aren't better than Oregon, Stanford is tough too.

PAC 12 can only get 3 BCS bids right? unless theres a championship contender, right?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:30 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    ChrisB Bacon wrote:If the Dawgs go to the New Mexico Bowl, Sark should, and will, be fired.

PAC 12 can only get 3 BCS bids right? unless theres a championship contender, right?

No conference can have more then 2 teams in BCS games, including the title game.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:53 pm
  • Its tough to draw lines in the sand and say "If X happens, Coach Y should be fired".

With that said, a couple things have to happen for Sark and the Huskies this year.

They have to be able to defend the spread. Arizona and Oregon lit up the scoreboard against them last year and WSU spread them out and wore them down. The defense was incredibly improved against pro style attacks(LSU game the exception, but huge physical mismatch) but didn't work well in space. They don't have to beat Oregon this year, but they have to be competitive on both sides of the ball and lose by single digits. Just show anything that shows the gap has been closed in recent years, cause Oregon buries them every year, its just an avalanche.

They've got to compete with Oregon. They've got to play with Stanford(again). They've got to win the Apple Cup. They've got to beat Boise State and they need to win more than seven games. If they don't, I don't think Sark should be fired, just a well fed fire lit underneath his seat.

But, for arguments say, lets say Sark goes 7-6. Show me a program that fired a coach who consistently won seven games and then won huge because of it. Very rarely does firing a coach for "Winning, but not winning enough" pay off.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:11 pm
  • UW has competed with UO, Sark has said as much after every game. Last year he famously said, "the score wasn't indicative of the progress of both teams."
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:12 pm
  • Sark's a pro coach trapped by the limitations of the college game. I know that sounds odd to say about a coach with his record, but NFL GM's seemingly agree with him. He turns down more pro HC interviews than anything else.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:13 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:UW has competed with UO, Sark has said as much after every game. Last year he famously said, "the score wasn't indicative of the progress of both teams."

Tongue in cheek? or serious?

I usually tune out after the fact, OU puts a beat on us everytime.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:17 pm
  • Don't do it Throw! Don't listen to the siren that is all Duck fans.

They'l stumble now that the lovechild of Pete Carroll and Rainman left to Philly.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:32 pm
  • I want to see UW get a coach who doesn't make excuses, it's fun to laugh at but it's sad. UW needs a coach like Snyder at KState. Someone old school, when I think of UW I think old school. Maybe raid Stanford and take their OC or DC.

As for Kelly being gone, you might be right, but UO has done a hell of a job hiring football coches the last 30 years, and hiring head coaches in all sports the last decade or so. I don't see our AD suddenly stepping in it now. They have hired Horton for baseball and Altman for basketball and in fact every sport has been very completive with coaches hired in the last 5-7 years with the exception of women's basketball.
    Last edited by CPHawk on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:35 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:UW has competed with UO, Sark has said as much after every game. Last year he famously said, "the score wasn't indicative of the progress of both teams."

Tongue in cheek? or serious?

I usually tune out after the fact, OU puts a beat on us everytime.

"Golly," Sarkisian said, "I know this score is not indicative of the caliber of our team.

"I'm just frustrated, because I don't think the score is indicative to where their football team is compared to us."

http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.db ... M_ID=30200

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:36 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:I want to see UW get a coach who doesn't make excuses, it's fun to laugh at but it's sad. UW needs a coach like Snyder at KState.

As for Kelly being gone, you might be right, but UO has done a hell of a job hiring football coches the last 30 years, and hiring head coaches in all sports the last decade or so. I don't see our AD suddenly stepping in it now. They have hired Horton for baseball and Altman for basketball and in fact every sport has been very completive with coaches hired in the last 5-7 years with the exception of women's basketball.

Haha. Sark beat Stanford. Did Oregon? What was Oregon's (Kelly's) excuse then?
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 pm
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:I want to see UW get a coach who doesn't make excuses, it's fun to laugh at but it's sad. UW needs a coach like Snyder at KState.

Kelly never made excuses.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:41 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Dawgs0 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:I want to see UW get a coach who doesn't make excuses, it's fun to laugh at but it's sad. UW needs a coach like Snyder at KState.

So what was the reason for the choke job? How did explain that?
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:42 pm
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Dawgs0 wrote:

So what was the reason for the choke job? How did explain that?

I don't think they choked. Its not like they had a lead and choked it away *cough cough apple cup and UW's bowl game*. They just lost a football game to a really good football team. It happens. I don't remember Kellys post game presser but my guess is that he gave Stanford a ton of credit and praise.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:45 pm
  • One loss, and a 12-1 #2 ranking and a uw fan is trying to make fun of it? You can hate Kelly all you want, but he never made excuses.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:47 pm
  • I've never known Sark to make excuses, I've always thought of him as very accountable. I feel like I know excuses pretty well after listening to Paul Wulff press conferences for four years. God, was it only four years? Felt like an eternity.

I'm also confused how those Sark quotes illustrate how he thought they played Oregon competitively....

I consider myself reasonably unbiased on this topic, and I think Sark was referring to the fact that talentwise the teams aren't thirty points apart. Oregon has the perfect talent for their system, which in itself is brilliant, and UW is still finding its way in that regard. But I realize in the rivalry thing its better to twist things into their most inflammatory fashion.

As for the Stanford/Oregon game last year. I recall Stanford almost fumbling the game away, Mariota acting like a first year starter for the first and only time last season and Oregon's kicker blowing an easy kick(just like in 2011 against USC). And Stanford's defensive played a legendary game that I will not soon forget.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:49 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    I don't think they choked. Its not like they had a lead and choked it away *cough cough apple cup and UW's bowl game*. They just lost a football game to a really good football team. It happens. I don't remember Kellys post game presser but my guess is that he gave Stanford a ton of credit and praise.

Your kicker choked pretty bad. LOL. It must have hurt seeing your title hopes disappear like that.

BTW, I see Oregon fans bring up the fact that Hogan didn't start vs. UW. What does that have to do with the fact that UW scored more points against the elite Stanford defense, than the Oregon offense? Even while Keith Price threw a pick six? Why did the "elite" Mariota disappear like that? LOL.

Also, Justin Wilcox (Oregon grad) was far more responsible for the losses against the spread teams. You can't beat teams like Oregon in shoot outs. You have to slow them down and Wilcox was incapable of doing that against the spread teams all year long.

How is that Sark's fault? But keep hating. It's truly funny. Haha.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:57 pm
  • Stop you're just embarassing yourself. UW never lost a "shootout" with UO, that would imply your O could do anything against our first string D. Sanky got his numbers vs our 2 and 3.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Asse ... 031521.jpg

Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Your kicker choked pretty bad. LOL. It must have hurt seeing your title hopes disappear like that.

BTW, I see Oregon fans bring up the fact that Hogan didn't start vs. UW. What does that have to do with the fact that UW scored more points against the elite Stanford defense, than the Oregon offense? Even while Keith Price threw a pick six? Why did the "elite" Mariota disappear like that? LOL.

Also, Justin Wilcox (Oregon grad) was far more responsible for the losses against the spread teams. You can't beat teams like Oregon in shoot outs. You have to slow them down and Wilcox was incapable of doing that against the spread teams all year long.

CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:00 pm
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Our kicker was not very good. I didn't see anybody bring up Hogan. Wilcox was a massive improvement for you guys.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:08 pm
  • My favorite Sark quote is this one from a radio interview:

Maisel: How do you measure the progress that's been made over the last 3 years?

Sark: Its been awesome. Sometimes you have to step back and take in the entire body of work and not just the end result. From where we began, from what we inherited, to today. I couldn't be more proud of what we accomplished. We've been to 3 consecutive bowl games, the only 2 other teams in our conference to do that are Stanford and Oregon. We were a 9-4 football team, but our record didn't show that.

Some more Sark logic from my fellow Duck fans:

I'm a male model, I just don't look like it because of my hair line and body fat.
    We went undefeated, a bunch of teams just scored more points then us.

(I actually like Sark and think he's a great coordinator, I personally just don't see him as a really strong head coach)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:42 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Our kicker was not very good. I didn't see anybody bring up Hogan. Wilcox was a massive improvement for you guys.

Your kicker and your team choked against Stanford. There's no other way to say it.

I've seen UO fans bring up Hogan on this site and others for the fact that UW beat Stanford and Oregon didn't. That's all I'm saying.

Wilcox is an upgrade, but he's not the savior Oregon fans think he is (because he's an Oregon grad), even though he shut your offense down at Boise.

If Wilcox's defense played as well as they did against spread teams, as they did against pro style teams, UW would have competed with every team on their schedule, besides LSU. We'll have to hope they do this year, because if the defense does play that well, then UW will compete for a Pac 12 North title.

Sark and Wilcox have stated they know how to defend those spread teams now, so we'll see what happens. But, acting like Sark is the reason for UW's lack of success and Wilcox is not responsible is completely ignorant, IMO.

It would be like blaming Chip Kelly for a defensive failure, when he has no responsibility for the defense, instead of blaming Alioti.

BTW, the offensive line by all accounts has extremely improved. The injured guys have returned and Ben Riva is playing great after being moved to LT. We'll see what happens when the games start, but Sark is very confident. More confident than he has ever been in the O-line.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:49 pm
  • Where did I say UW had a shootout? Please read the post again if you didn't understand it. I said UW will never be able to beat Oregon, if Wilcox's defense doesn't play better. That's a fact. UW will never be able to win a shootout with Oregon. Not many teams could.

If UW's defense plays like Stanford's defense, then UW will have a chance. If not, then that is Wilcox's (Oregon grad) fault. Not Sark's. It would be dumb to blame Sark for not scoring 51+ points. If Wilcox can't hold Oregon to less than at least 35 or hopefully 30, then Wilcox isn't doing the job, he is being HIGHLY paid for.

Blame Wilcox (Oregon grad, haha) for UW's inability to beat and defend spread teams, like Arizona, UO, and WSU, etc.

CPHawk wrote:Stop you're just embarassing yourself. UW never lost a "shootout" with UO, that would imply your O could do anything against our first string D. Sanky got his numbers vs our 2 and 3.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Asse ... 031521.jpg

Dawgs0 wrote:

Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:58 pm
  • Dawgs0 is your name by any chance Ruth?

You keep arguing against things that nobody has even brought up. Nobody has said that Sark is solely responsible. Nobody has said that Wilcox is a savior (in fact most Duck fans I know don't like the guy based on the way his defenses played at Boise State).
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:16 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Dawgs0 is your name by any chance Ruth?

You keep arguing against things that nobody has even brought up. Nobody has said that Sark is solely responsible. Nobody has said that Wilcox is a savior (in fact most Duck fans I know don't like the guy based on the way his defenses played at Boise State).

Is Ruth a male UW student that you know? Then maybe. Haha.

BTW, which of the facts in my post don't you like? The fact that Sark beat Stanford and that your "greatest ever" QB Mariota couldn't do it? The fact that your team and Kelly choked in the final moments versus Stanford and UW actually played better in the final moments versus Stanford?

Which of these statements full of fact do you disagree with? You must not like facts, if you don't like these statements.

You guys act like Sark can't coach, when there is nothing (or very little) that he has done, that proves that statement. It's ignorant.

BTW, what was wrong with how Wilcox's defense played at Boise? The fact that he shut your offense down? LOL. There's nothing morally wrong with that, if you didn't know.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:21 pm
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Dawgs0 is your name by any chance Ruth?

BTW, which of the facts in my post don't you like? The fact that Sark beat Stanford and that your "greatest ever" QB Mariota couldn't do it? The fact that your team and Kelly choked in the final moments versus Stanford and UW actually played better in the final moments versus Stanford?

Which of these statements full of fact do you disagree with? You must not like facts, if you don't like these statements.

You guys act like Sark can't coach, when there is nothing (or very little) that he has done, that proves that statement. It's ignorant.

BTW, what was wrong with how Wilcox's defense played at Boise? The fact that he shut your offense down? LOL. There's nothing morally wrong with that.

Ruth is a batshit crazy owner of a UW recruiting site who's hate for the Ducks goes way beyond fun sports rivalry and to a rather unhealthy place.

I don't think i'm arguing against any of your facts. Stanford was the better team that day and beat us. That's a simple fact. I'm not disputing it. I just don't get why you keep bringing up the Ducks losing to Stanford when you're a UW fan. I guess you're living through them since your team hasn't come within two touchdowns of us for a decade.

Most Duck fans feel like Wilcox taught his defenses at BSU to play dirty. Not only in the games against Oregon but in their game against Oregon State in 2010 as well.

Btw, congrats on beating Stanford. Gameday Champions!!! Woot woot.

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:32 pm
  • Dawgs0, If ifs and buts, where candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas. UW has maybe one guy on their D who would start for Stanford, so expecting them to shut UO down is more than likely asking to much.

You also keep saying Mariota is the greatest ever, he had a great Fr year but who said anything about being the GOAT? We've had 2 HOF Qb, Van Brocklin and Fouts, and put a bunch more qbs into the NFL, it will take a couple more great years for MM to be the greatest.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:58 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Dawgs0 is your name by any chance Ruth?

BTW, what was wrong with how Wilcox's defense played at Boise? The fact that he shut your offense down? LOL. There's nothing morally wrong with that.

Ruth is a batshit crazy owner of a UW recruiting site who's hate for the Ducks goes way beyond fun sports rivalry and to a rather unhealthy place.

I don't think i'm arguing against any of your facts. Stanford was the better team that day and beat us. That's a simple fact. I'm not disputing it. I just don't get why you keep bringing up the Ducks losing to Stanford when you're a UW fan. I guess you're living through them since your team hasn't come within two touchdowns of us for a decade.

Most Duck fans feel like Wilcox taught his defenses at BSU to play dirty. Not only in the games against Oregon but in their game against Oregon State in 2010 as well.

Btw, congrats on beating Stanford. Gameday Champions!!! Woot woot.

I know who Ruth is and what she does. She hurts UW at 247 more than she helps, with what she does in recruiting.

UW beat Stanford. Sark beat Stanford. Chip Kelly couldn't manage that. How does that feel? How does that choke job eliminating your chance for a title feel? Sark did something, that Chip Kelly couldn't. How does that feel? Haha.

BTW, most UW fans aren't insecure enough to only want to beat UO. UW fans want to win titles and Rose Bowls, like we've done before. UO fans can continue to be consumed by all things UW, though. I won't blame you. If my school had no tradition and had no history to be proud of, then I would try to beat the rivals that have more tradition than my school as well.

I won't apologize for the fact that UW has a "natty" and UO doesn't. UW has 7 Rose Bowls and UO doesn't. How does it feel to have much less tradition and history than your rival? I wouldn't know, so please tell me about the embarrassment you must feel. LOL.

So, most UO fans are sore losers and they blame Wilcox for their teams failure? Who knew? LOL. I won't mind if UO fans hate Sark and Wilcox next year, if UW wins. Hate Wilcox forever, as long as he does his job.

BTW, congrats on the 12-0* season, though. Check the link, haha. (You actually went 12-1 after the loss to Auburn, if you don't know. LOL.)

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFIm ... .jpg&w=400
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:07 pm
  • Oh, cool, this is still happening? Anyone switch teams yet? JSeahawks wearing a pvisor?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:12 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:Dawgs0, If ifs and buts, where candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas. UW has maybe one guy on their D who would start for Stanford, so expecting them to shut UO down is more than likely asking to much.

You also keep saying Mariota is the greatest ever, he had a great Fr year but who said anything about being the GOAT? We've had 2 HOF Qb, Van Brocklin and Fouts, and put a bunch more qbs into the NFL, it will take a couple more great years for MM to be the greatest.

I'm sure you don't know much about UW's roster, but I'll explain.

UW might have the best LB crew in the conference according to many. 3 future NFL players and top picks. Travis Feeney, John Timu, and Shaq Thompson are a fast and physical group. If they maintain their jobs and don't lose position and play well, they will have a chance to slow down Oregon's offense.

UW has a senior safety in Sean Parker, who is also a future NFL player and high round pick. Danny Shelton has a chance to be an elite NG. He has gotten better, than he was last year, when he was pretty good. Marcus Peters was good last year and he is back better than ever.

UW will have a pretty good back 7. The question is at DT and DE. We have some pretty good players and high ranked prospects, like Andrew Hudson, JoJo Mathis, Hauoli Jamora, Cory Littleton, Elijah Qualls, and Josh Shirley, but they will need to perform. If they play well, (GREAT) we'll have a chance to slow down your offense. It's not easy, but possible.

Some UO fans act like Mariota is the greatest QB in the universe, when the only time he played against an elite defense, (Stanford) he fell apart.

BTW, Warren Moon > Than your NFL QBs. Haha.
    Last edited by Dawgs0 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:13 pm
  • Well, if you want to play this game, Chip Kelly beat the Cougs, but the Huskies Doog'd it against the Cougs. How's that feel? Honestly, who cares who beat who? We're talking about the Ducks and the Dawgs, how about we look at what is relevant... the head to head matchup and the overall record in the conference.

To answer your question I was over the Stanford loss about sixty seconds after it happened, so it felt fine. i'm not one to get all bent out of shape over losses (for the Ducks or Seahawks), footballs just entertainment to me. Same way that if the Huskies beat the Ducks this year i'll be over it after sixty seconds and ready to take the verbal lashing from many Dawg fans on this site who are probably lined up to rub it in.

As for the rest of your post, history is history. I much prefer the here and now and am quite satisfied with the place my team is at. If you want to talk about ancient championships there are always 49er fans hanging around our board that you can bond with.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:21 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Oh, cool, this is still happening? Anyone switch teams yet? JSeahawks wearing a pvisor?

That's all i'm wearing.... while I fantasize....

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:22 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Well, if you want to play this game, Chip Kelly beat the Cougs, but the Huskies Doog'd it against the Cougs. How's that feel? Honestly, who cares who beat who? We're talking about the Ducks and the Dawgs, how about we look at what is relevant... the head to head matchup and the overall record in the conference.

To answer your question I was over the Stanford loss about sixty seconds after it happened, so it felt fine. i'm not one to get all bent out of shape over losses, footballs just entertainment to me. Same way that if the Huskies beat the Ducks this year i'll be over it after sixty seconds and ready to take the verbal lashing from many Dawg fans on this site who are probably lined up to rub it in.

As for the rest of your post, history is history. I much prefer the here and now and am quite satisfied with the place my team is at. If you want to talk about ancient championships there are always 49er fans hanging around our board that you can bond with.

Yes, let's talk head to head. Head to head UW has a "natty" and UO doesn't. UW has 7 Rose Bowls and UO doesn't. UW leads the series 58-42 head to head. How does that feel? You have to win 16 more JUST to catch up.

Isn't that head to head?

Tradition is the difference between a program that lasts and one that doesn't. UW and USC have the best traditions in the PAC. As other programs have risen and faded, UW has lasted. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade (dating back 6 or 7), except the one we're presently in.

When Phil Knight is gone, will UO continue to succeed? Will the wins continue? I wouldn't know. I'm not sure. That's the difference between a program with tradition (UW) and one that has tried to buy victories, because they don't have tradition (UO).
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:30 pm
  • Which of those Rose Bowl wins was your favorite? I bet you were really living it up at that 1960 game. Or was it the 1978 Rose Bowl that was your favorite?

Tradition is what teams that currently suck cling to when their rivals are kicking their asses every season.

Goodnight. Its been fun, I always enjoy talkin college football and getting Dawg fans riled up.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Which of those Rose Bowl wins was your favorite? I bet you were really living it up at that 1960 game. Or was it the 1978 Rose Bowl that was your favorite?

Tradition is what teams that currently suck cling to when their rivals are kicking their asses every season.

Goodnight. Its been fun, I always enjoy talkin college football and getting Dawg fans riled up.

I loved this trophy and win. Check it out. BTW, you don't have one. Haha. http://outsidetheredzone.com/wp-content ... otball.jpg

So Ohio State, Michigan, teams in the SEC, etc. currently suck, when they talk about tradition? LOL. The fact is UO fans are jealous of the fact they don't have tradition and UW does. Continue to be jealous of UW. Haha.

Goodnight. I always enjoy teaching UO fans about football history, because most of them have only been fans of football for less than 10 years. (Hint: UO fan = bandwagon fan, LOL.)
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:52 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Well, if you want to play this game, Chip Kelly beat the Cougs, but the Huskies Doog'd it against the Cougs. How's that feel?

Man, I was physically ill after watching that.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:05 am
  • Dawgs0 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Well, if you want to play this game, Chip Kelly beat the Cougs, but the Huskies Doog'd it against the Cougs. How's that feel? Honestly, who cares who beat who? We're talking about the Ducks and the Dawgs, how about we look at what is relevant... the head to head matchup and the overall record in the conference.

To answer your question I was over the Stanford loss about sixty seconds after it happened, so it felt fine. i'm not one to get all bent out of shape over losses, footballs just entertainment to me. Same way that if the Huskies beat the Ducks this year i'll be over it after sixty seconds and ready to take the verbal lashing from many Dawg fans on this site who are probably lined up to rub it in.

Yes, let's talk head to head. Head to head UW has a "natty" and UO doesn't. UW has 7 Rose Bowls and UO doesn't. UW leads the series 58-42 head to head. How does that feel? You have to win 16 more JUST to catch up.

Isn't that head to head?

Tradition is the difference between a program that lasts and one that doesn't. UW and USC have the best traditions in the PAC. As other programs have risen and faded, UW has lasted. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade (dating back 6 or 7), except the one we're presently in.

When Phil Knight is gone, will UO continue to succeed? Will the wins continue? I wouldn't know. I'm not sure. That's the difference between a program with tradition (UW) and one that has tried to buy victories, because they don't have tradition (UO).

Finally a UW fan doing this here on the seahawk site, I've said for years UW fans are just like 49er fans. You do and say the exact things that piss off every Seahawk fan even after getting your ass kicked you bring up ancient history.

Anyways UW fan=49er fan

And not 1 person outside of UW thinks UW has the top lb. Shaq is your only legit player and you are fn him and putting him at LB . He could be a better Cam Chancellor.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:14 am
  • You really are fixating on that Ducks lost to Stanford and how it feels. If you are such a big Husky fan, surely you know how that feels to blow a shot at a National Title. 1990 against UCLA ring a bell? 1982 against WSU? So, how does it feel?
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:09 am
  • What Oregon lacks in tradition they make up in Disney licensed cartoon mascots.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:23 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:

Finally a UW fan doing this here on the seahawk site, I've said for years UW fans are just like 49er fans. You do and say the exact things that piss off every Seahawk fan even after getting your ass kicked you bring up ancient history.

Anyways UW fan=49er fan

And not 1 person outside of UW thinks UW has the top lb. Shaq is your only legit player and you are fn him and putting him at LB . He could be a better Cam Chancellor.

So Ohio State, Michigan, teams in the SEC, etc. currently suck, when they talk about tradition? Are those fans also like 49er fans? LOL. The fact is UO fans are jealous of the fact they don't have tradition and UW does. Continue to be jealous of UW. Haha.

In college, tradition matters. Like I said, it's the difference between a program that lasts and one that doesn't. As other programs have risen and faded, UW has lasted. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade (dating back 6 or 7), except the one we're presently in.

When Phil Knight is gone, will UO continue to succeed? Will the wins continue? I wouldn't bet on it. That's the difference between a program with tradition (UW) and one that has tried to buy victories, because they don't have tradition (UO).

BTW, you obviously don't know anything about UW's team. Many people feel UW's LBs may be the best in the PAC. Travis Feeney might be better than Shaq. He's a lot faster at OLB and he's extremely physical and he's a beast. He was moved from safety and it was the best decision Wilcox has made so far. John Timu isn't as big as many MLBs, but he's extremely fast for the position. IMO, UW will have the fastest LB crew in the PAC next year. That's great for defending Oregon. They will just have to be disciplined.

Shaq wanted to move to LB. He's continually stated that he has always wanted to move to LB and closer to the line of scrimmage, because even in high school, he was never good at covering for long periods of time. He said he loves the physicality of the position. If he wanted to play safety he could be there, because he's better than Shamburger (Shamburger isn't bad, though), but he'll be a much, much better OLB.

But, Shaq will play all over the field and UW may move him around. IMO, he's not the best OLB on the team (Travis Feeney), but he's the most versatile one, with his ability to play any position on the field adequately, except on the D-line. Don't worry about UW, though. Worry about how well you've replaced Kelly and how much you'll drop off. UW will be fine and will have the best OLB crew in the conference and will have a great back 7.
    Last edited by Dawgs0 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:You really are fixating on that Ducks lost to Stanford and how it feels. If you are such a big Husky fan, surely you know how that feels to blow a shot at a National Title. 1990 against UCLA ring a bell? 1982 against WSU? So, how does it feel?

I know it happened, but how I am supposed to know how it FEELS? I wasn't alive then. That's the difference between knowing you have tradition and FEELING those wins and losses.

UO fans FELT that loss (choke job) last year, because they saw the game and experienced that failure. I didn't experience or FEEL those choke jobs. Understand?

I felt that choke job versus Washington State, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter. If UW won that game and the Boise game, then UW would have been 9-4 and they would have improved, but it really wouldn't have mattered. It wasn't like UW choked away a chance for a title. (Like UO did, haha.)

UW fans want to win championships. Going 9-4 or 7-6 makes no difference to me. It's a failure either way. Once we got hammered by LSU and Oregon and Arizona, the season didn't matter. Wilcox (Oregon grad) was unable to do his job and so UW was unable to compete. UO fans blame Sark. Is that fair? Who coached that defense? Blame Wilcox. He was the reason for UW's lack of success last year.

If UW had choked against a team they should have beat in an attempt to win the title (like Oregon did), then I would have been very disappointed. It would have hurt. Just like the Super Bowl hurt for Seahawks fans. That's why that game must have hurt pretty bad for Oregon fans. That's all I'm saying. LOL.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:11 pm
  • I'm chillin, just remember that homie is speaking for himself.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:45 pm
  • My young little Husky fan, totally made an internal bet with myself on your age and nailed it.

The reason I asked wasn't to prompt you repeating yourself about UW's tradition. A tradition that was built before you were born by the way. The reason I asked is because as a fan, or a fan for a long time, you experience a lot of terrible losses. As a fan, a real fan, I'd think you'd feel empathy for other fanbases that endure the same losses. Sure, you blindly hate the Ducks, I get that, part of your newfound fandom. But we're all fans and no different than the other than the fact that our life's confluence of events led us to root for different teams. To me, when I watched that Oregon game, I thought, damn, that sucks, I know how that feels, and I won't wish that on anybody.

You ask how it feels for Oregon fans, compare it to the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and laugh about it, in your wooden syntaxt that ends with flat laughter on your part. Are you a Hawks fan? Why would you wish that experience on anyone but your mortal enemy? You are reveling in it when it happens to a fanbase that you hate/envy from afar?

Furthermore, do you go to UW? Or are you one of those UW fans that never went there? I've found the most obnoxious UW fans, those pounding the drum of tradition and long since vanished elite status, didn't actually go to the school. The ones that actually went there, pretty humble people.

Lastly, if you knew anything about Oregon, you'd realize that Phil Knight has galvanized the rest of the deep pocketed donor base to help fund these projects. They also have a very profitable(for both sides) connection with Nike, doubt that ends when Knight leaves. Its good business. The only thing that will kill Oregon is the rest of the conference catching up(already happening), sanctions(looks like that ship has sailed) or just the slow decay of the attention to detail and relentlessness that has become a symbol of their program since Chip got there.

Keep spitting your UW propaganda though. One thing to remember. Tradition is not something that is established and therefore remains permanent. Tradition is ongoing, and it can be built. It can be gained and it can be lost. Study the game you talk so brashly about before you come on here with your rhetoric. You're embarassing yourself.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:35 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:My young little Husky fan, totally made an internal bet with myself on your age and nailed it.

The reason I asked wasn't to prompt you repeating yourself about UW's tradition. A tradition that was built before you were born by the way. The reason I asked is because as a fan, or a fan for a long time, you experience a lot of terrible losses. As a fan, a real fan, I'd think you'd feel empathy for other fanbases that endure the same losses. Sure, you blindly hate the Ducks, I get that, part of your newfound fandom. But we're all fans and no different than the other than the fact that our life's confluence of events led us to root for different teams. To me, when I watched that Oregon game, I thought, damn, that sucks, I know how that feels, and I won't wish that on anybody.

You ask how it feels for Oregon fans, compare it to the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and laugh about it, in your wooden syntaxt that ends with flat laughter on your part. Are you a Hawks fan? Why would you wish that experience on anyone but your mortal enemy? You are reveling in it when it happens to a fanbase that you hate/envy from afar?

Furthermore, do you go to UW? Or are you one of those UW fans that never went there? I've found the most obnoxious UW fans, those pounding the drum of tradition and long since vanished elite status, didn't actually go to the school. The ones that actually went there, pretty humble people.

Lastly, if you knew anything about Oregon, you'd realize that Phil Knight has galvanized the rest of the deep pocketed donor base to help fund these projects. They also have a very profitable(for both sides) connection with Nike, doubt that ends when Knight leaves. Its good business. The only thing that will kill Oregon is the rest of the conference catching up(already happening), sanctions(looks like that ship has sailed) or just the slow decay of the attention to detail and relentlessness that has become a symbol of their program since Chip got there.

Keep spitting your UW propaganda though. One thing to remember. Tradition is not something that is established and therefore remains permanent. Tradition is ongoing, and it can be built. It can be gained and it can be lost. Study the game you talk so brashly about before you come on here with your rhetoric. You're embarassing yourself.

Damn. What a laughable and completely inaccurate post. LOL. Let me clear some stuff up.

Let me make something clear. I don't give a shit about Oregon or their school. I couldn't care less if they won that game or not. The fact is they didn't. So when UO fans act like Kelly is God, I point out that he was the coach when they had that choke job against Stanford. The same team Sark beat. The same Sark that UO fans all hate on. Haha. Get it? I doubt it.

I didn't wish it on them. It happened, whether I wished it or not. That's a fact. You act like Oregon only choked, because I wished it on them. BTW, I feel empathy for people starving in Africa or suffering from cancer or some other disease. We're fans of a football team. There's nothing to feel empathy about. Football means nothing, in the grand scheme of things. I don't know if you truly understand that.

If you're going to cry about a sporting event, then there's something seriously wrong with you. There was something seriously wrong with those Oregon fans crying after that Stanford choke job. I was laughing my ass off, watching UO fans cry over a football game. It's not like they suffered a real life tragedy. You need to put things in perspective. BTW, sports fans all over are happy when their rivals lose.

Are you going to tell me you weren't happy the 49ers lost the Super Bowl? Did you feel empathy for the 49ers fans? I didn't and I'm not going to apologize for that. BTW, I dislike the way Oregon has sold out to win, but I don't hate them. I am a fan of a program with tradition, so there's no reason for me to envy UO.

BTW, tradition doesn't change whether I was born or not. It is what is. The fact is tradition is something to be proud of. It shows a program that lasts. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade dating back 7 decades, except the one we're presently in. UW has national title and has the second best tradition (after USC) in the PAC. Something to be proud of.

Phil Knight is the only reason Nike puts millions into Oregon. I doubt that a future Nike CEO will have the same fascination with helping Oregon succeed, so I doubt they'll continue to pour millions into the football program. Without the Nike money, UO will be on even footing with every other school in the PAC.

Who do you think pays for all these renovations of the football program? Without Knight, Oregon is a mediocre program without tradition, like they've been for the 100 years before Knight. What's to envy about that? LOL.

Propaganda? How is posting the truth on a message board and communicating/debating with others, propaganda?

BTW, how is tradition lost? How do you lose 7 Rose Bowls? How do you lose the national title trophy on the UW campus? How the hell do you lose tradition? How could Ohio State or Michigan or some SEC team, like Bama, lose tradition?

FYI, I'm a UW student and start a short summer class in a week, until school starts in September. And I've been a UW fan my whole life. Haha. Wrong again. But why do you care? I have friends that aren't UW students, who are as big UW fans as me.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:04 pm
  • If we could only rid the board of 49er and Duck fans.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:08 pm
  • pehawk wrote:If we could only rid the board of 49er and Duck fans.

I agree with this. Haha.
    Dawgs0
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information