Straight up beauty!!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Straight up beauty!!
Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:48 am

Re: Straight up beauty!!
Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:46 pm
  • Stoned Cold wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:I love how SEC fans troll non SEC topics just to gloat about their superiority. As an avid football watcher, I will say that the SEC is the best conference and has deserved every national championship they've won. It remains silly to me how arrogant about their football superiority when it often comes at the loss of the academic integrity of the school. But, academics doesn't really matter down there does it? I love watching the SEC, but fans of the SEC? Not so much.


    Hey, if it makes you feel better at night that your kids are actually "student athletes", and yes I put that in quotes for a reason. More power too you. I'm 36, been around the NFL and NCAA for a long time.

    BREAKING NEWS: 80%+ I would say are idiots. Dumb as shit, been passed along. Worst role models ever. Don't actually attend class or take their own tests/turn in their own papers.

    MY ADVICE: watch for entertainment.

    Quit watching these guys as people that you care about and think are educated. As people that you care what they say. They are morons. More often then not you are listening to someone who is educated as much as a homeless person and if you listen to someone who is dumber than you....

    In fact, your opinion of the SEC education makes me laugh at how disconnected you are from just about every major conference in college football. Unless you are Ivy League, Independent, or Military College level; I have no faith in your "SUPERIORITY" in academics.


    I do watch for entertainment. I find that by and large, academics in college football is in fact a joke, but the truth is, its hilarious and pretty sad how the SEC practically sticks their chest out about the fact that as bad as the rest of academics in football is, they have been for quite some time, significantly worse. Dream big!

    I am quite familiar that some of the athletes(80%?? Only in the SEC) are illiterate fools. I went to a WSU when they owned the JC circuit for recruits and actually fielded a talented and pretty good team. There were idiots and there were smart kids. Your delineation of the ratio is, in my opinion, inaccurate.

    Considering 95% of college football players even get a sniff of the pro game, I do actually think its mildly relevant that they have something to fall back on, you don't. Difference of opinion.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:23 pm
  • You guys can have your little stadium redo. At the end of the day its just a place to watch a football game just like every other school in the country has. But check out the new Oregon football ops center. Coaches office, locker room, player lounge, meeting area's, weight rooms, etc, etc. My guess is that the inside and all the amenities will make the Seahawks V-Mac center look like a little league locker room. Set to open in another month or two:



    Image

    Image

    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18547
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:24 pm
  • That Phil Knight money
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19135
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:27 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:That Phil Knight money


    Fo'sho.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18547
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:26 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:That Phil Knight money


    Fo'sho.

    Damn - does Phil just build whatever he wants or does he have to donate to the school and then they handle all the plans and bids?
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1687
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:01 am
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:That Phil Knight money


    Fo'sho.

    Damn - does Phil just build whatever he wants or does he have to donate to the school and then they handle all the plans and bids?

    Depends on the project, but I think this was all him.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2207
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:40 pm
  • Looks a little better than the football opps building going up in Pullman that they are squeezing between the practice fields and the stadium. Anytime you can reduce the capacity of already the smallest stadium in the conference, you have to jump on it.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:51 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:I do watch for entertainment. I find that by and large, academics in college football is in fact a joke, but the truth is, its hilarious and pretty sad how the SEC practically sticks their chest out about the fact that as bad as the rest of academics in football is, they have been for quite some time, significantly worse. Dream big!

    I am quite familiar that some of the athletes(80%?? Only in the SEC) are illiterate fools. I went to a WSU when they owned the JC circuit for recruits and actually fielded a talented and pretty good team. There were idiots and there were smart kids. Your delineation of the ratio is, in my opinion, inaccurate.

    Considering 95% of college football players even get a sniff of the pro game, I do actually think its mildly relevant that they have something to fall back on, you don't. Difference of opinion.


    I didn't say illiterate. I said morons. And yes, 80%..maybe slightly less are morons. My bro was a Pi Kappa Alpha at Wazzu, and I hung around and partied with all the dumb ass football players over in Pullman. Don't try and tell me what I don't know. Hey, if you want to plead some kind of superiority of academics in Pullman be my guest. Pullman accepts anybody. They fit in just fine by SEC standards. Now if you were Stanford, UCLA, UW or Berkley...I might back off but Wazzu hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Hit the bricks jabroni
    Stoned Cold
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 255
    Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:28 pm


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:31 am
  • jabroni? Is it 1999?

    I think you are painting in broad strokes here.

    I wasn't holding WSU up as an high end academic institution, I was speaking of it as a standard Pac 12 university. But its fun to change my point to fit your argument isn't it? Can you read? Put down your Keystone Light, hop back in your insult time machine and watch some Reading Rainbow until you understand what I actually was saying.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 pm
  • Stoned Cold wrote:Sweet JV Stadium.

    Signed the SEC

    So you're a fan of the entire conference? Not just one school?

    What a bandwagon tool
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1674
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:57 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:That Phil Knight money

    Typical duck reaction to a thread about the new UW stadium "hey look what our rich daddy is doing for us!! We don;t need to earn tradition, he can just buy it for us!"
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1674
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:18 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:That Phil Knight money

    Typical duck reaction to a thread about the new UW stadium "hey look what our rich daddy is doing for us!! We don;t need to earn tradition, he can just buy it for us!"


    You're right, we should just stick it to the tax payers like UW and osu do.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2207
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:29 pm
  • UW never used taxes on their stadium.

    That was all private money.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19135
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Straight up beauty!!
Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm
  • Yeah, I thought they raised the money themselves after they got shot down by the state. Of course, that makes less headlines than them asking the state, because it goes against the narrative.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Next


It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online