Oregon's NCAA penalties expected to be announced this week

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm guessing that penalties will be lighter then most expect.

A few scholarship losses.
One coach on some recruitment restrictions (allowed less visits).
No bowl ban.

But, we'll see. Even if we do get a bowl ban I'm just glad its finally going to be over. I think the worst part of it has already happened for the Ducks in that opposing coaches have been able to negatively recruit about the situation for the last 2 and a half years, i'm sure that's cost us a few good players.

sc85sis

Reaction score
We've been dealing with that kind of negative negative recruiting since 2006 due to the Bush mess.

Thanks a lot, Reggie. Would it kill you to man up and apologize?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised that Reggie Bush hasn't apologized to that fan base. Has he even acknowledged the problems he caused in any way?

Throwdown

Reaction score
They didn't find anything crazy damning that happened, Sanctions won't be ridiculous.

drrew

Reaction score
I know Oregon is trying to spin that it's unrelated, but sure seems like they're hanging their long time compliance guy out to dry hoping he'll take the brunt of the fall. I think I read where Gary Gray has been in the athletic department close to 30 years, and he's conveniently had his retirement announced a couple days before sanction happen.

Although I can't stand Oregon athletics (mostly because it's a pro franchise that is very tenuously associated with a school, at a level even more egregious than elsewhere) the allegations are innocuous at best and don't/shouldn't add up to any severe sanctions. That being said, if they are tagged as a repeat violator, all bets are off.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
GIVE THEM THE HAMMER!

Best regards,
Scorned USC fan

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm hearing as part of the penalty U of O will be required to let UW win once a decade.

But on the real, i'm nervous. I don't expect a bowl ban, but ya never know with the NCAA. Whatever it is, it is I guess. Mostly i'm just glad its over, even if we do get punished more severely then I expect.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I heard part of the ruling will be that Oregon will be limited to only 4 uniform combinations for the next 2 years.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1mtaxy9k said:
I heard part of the ruling will be that Oregon will be limited to only 4 uniform combinations for the next 2 years.

My favorite tweet:

@atqdave: #OregonSanctions Oregon's locker room gets shiny new XBox Ones, but no internet connection.

Throwdown

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":29uhweid said:
Burry them IMO

Punish the kids that had nothing to do with it? that makes no sense.

I hate Oregon with their stupid hand O's and all that crap, but I don't want to see them buried, or anything harsh.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Huard just tweeted that OU got a "wrist slap" but no further info

CPHawk

Reaction score
A reduction of 1 scholie a year for two years and a reduction in official visits. There you have it. Oh and Chip got hit with a show cause from the ncaa.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
Wow...... USC got a modern day death penalty (it would have killed any other non-traditional powerhouse). and Oregon losses one scholarship???? Am I missing something. For the Record I have no dog in this fight, as I neither a Duck or Trojan fan.

But the punishment is ridiculously small. Especially given NCAA's record of bringing the hammer.