The way too early Seahawks 2014 mock draft

cover-2

Reaction score
Well, I was a little bored a decided to put together a 2014 mock draft. I have seen all these players play with the exception of the Randell Johnson and the 7th round pick. It is way too early to really project what round some of the lesser know prospects are going to fall, so I'm more projecting how they are going to play to go along with athleticism or past production.

1st round - (WR) Kelvin Benjamin 6-5 242 lbs Florida St (redshirt sophomore): Super-sized WR with good speed and athleticism. He could be the next Mega Tron or Brandon Marshall. Either way he is a huge down field threat that could maximize Wilson's talent for throwing the deep ball.
[youtube]RY3IviZeT8I[/youtube]

2nd round -(nickel CB/back up FS) Lamarcus Joyner 5-8 195 lbs Florida St: I was surprised with the signing of Antoine Winfield because of his size limitations. Joyner is a similar player to Winfield, undersized yet he is a big hitter and he has great ball skills. Joyner would be our starting nickle CB and he could also backup Earl Thomas at FS.
[youtube]qvLatt1gV98[/youtube]

4th round - (TE) Eric Ebron 6-4 245 lbs North Carolina (junior): Ebron is an athletic TE but is a bit inconsistent catching the ball and he needs to improve as a blocker. But, he has a lot of upside and if he has a break out year he could possibly be a 2nd round prospect.
[youtube]4JUeEkI2X5I[/youtube]

5th round - (OLB) Randell Johnson 6-4 230lbs Florida Atlantic: Johnson has a good combination of length and speed to play either weak-side or strong-side LB. He was injured most of last year, but in 2011 he had 5 sacks, 14.5 tackles for loss, and 4 forced fumbles.
[youtube]6FeO74PO2ms[/youtube]

5th round - (MLB) Max Bullough 6-2 252 lbs Michigan St: Max is a big productive player with average speed for the position. He would provide depth quality depth at MLB and he has a high football IQ so he would be ready to step up if called off the bench.
[youtube]szjj7Hq57hw[/youtube]

6th round - (QB) Brendon Kay 6-4 233 lbs Cincinnati: Kay is a tall mobile QB that has experience with the zone option-read.
[youtube]j4w19_vY6r4[/youtube]

7th round -(OT) Parker Graham 6-7 315 lbs Oklahoma ST: Every draft should have an offensive lineman, so Graham is the man here. I really have no idea where he will fall in the draft, but draftscout has him ranked as the 25th rated OT.
http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/parker_graham_440414.html

Red Beard

Reaction score
I like the idea of a WR similar to Megatron, however, when I was watching Benjamin's Highlights a month or so ago, I realized that the guy just doesn't have any hops. I would rather snag Brandon Coleman or Mike Evans if they were available, but maybe that's just me?

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
Red Beard":28ouazbv said:
I like the idea of a WR similar to Megatron, however, when I was watching Benjamin's Highlights a month or so ago, I realized that the guy just doesn't have any hops. I would rather snag Brandon Coleman or Mike Evans if they were available, but maybe that's just me?

Our team does seem to like throwing up a jump ball. I don't see a lack of vertical jump in the highlights, the guy is 6-5 and he only needs to jump and get the ball at its highest point...unless you want him to over jump and catch the ball down near his crotch.

Red Beard

Reaction score
cover-2":3ry0t8h7 said:
Red Beard":3ry0t8h7 said:

Our team does seem to like throwing up a jump ball. I don't see a lack of vertical jump in the highlights, the guy is 6-5 and he only needs to jump and get the ball at its highest point...unless you want him to over jump and catch the ball down near his crotch.

Jumping obviously isn't a deal breaker. Just figured I would point out what I had observed. I wouldn't be extremely upset with the pick, however, there are a few others I would prefer in the 1st. Maybe he does more this year and changes my mind? At this time though, I feel with what he's shown, I would feel much more comfortable waiting until the late 2nd or moving into the bottom half of the 3rd for him. Appreciate you taking the time to mock this up though. I love the draft and appreciate you giving me something to contemplate when there's so little to focus on this time year.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
Red Beard":xy84uk0u said:
cover-2":xy84uk0u said:
Red Beard":xy84uk0u said:

Jumping obviously isn't a deal breaker. Just figured I would point out what I had observed. I wouldn't be extremely upset with the pick, however, there are a few others I would prefer in the 1st. Maybe he does more this year and changes my mind? At this time though, I feel with what he's shown, I would feel much more comfortable waiting until the late 2nd or moving into the bottom half of the 3rd for him. Appreciate you taking the time to mock this up though. I love the draft and appreciate you giving me something to contemplate when there's so little to focus on this time year.

Yeah I like to find prospects that mock draft sites have yet to cover or put into their mocks, and Kelvin is one of those prospects. If the 2014 draft were held today Kelvin would probably be a 2nd - 4th round prospect. But, with his size, speed, and his ability to get yards after contact I am projecting him to have a break out year. The 2014 draft should be an extremely talented group of WR's along with some intriguing TE's.