Pac 12 players in Kipers 2014 big board.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sorry, no link. Just stealing this from somebody on my Ducks board and they didn't provide a link:

3. Marqise Lee, USC
5. Anthony Barr, UCLA
14. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon
24. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
28. De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon
29. David Yankey, Stanford
31. Scott Crichton, Oregon State
33. Marcus Mariota, Oregon
34. Lache Seastunk (exception)
37. Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona
40. Ed Reynolds, Stanford
42. Morgan Breslin, USC
46. Deandre Coleman, Cal

Looks about right. Although I expected ASJ to be a bit higher, and I think Mariota will be higher by the end of this season (although I kind of doubt he turns pro after this year, unless the Ducks win the national title or he wins the Heisman). Also think Colt will vault up there after the combine. Anthony Barr is a player i'd love on the Seahawks, that dudes a stud.

kearly

Reaction score
J, I think you should have spent your time the last couple weeks talking up Ifo Ekpre-Olomu instead of Colt Lyerla. I just watched Ekpre-Olomu on youtube. I know he's "just" 5'10", but he is seriously talented.

That was a surprisingly good list by Kiper. He's got Thomas too high (nearly all of Thomas' NFL value will come as a kick returner), but everyone else feels about right, including Mariota.

Anthony Barr is very interesting. He played as a 3-4 OLB last year but at just 235 pounds. The top end 3-4 OLBs in the NFL are all right around 260 pounds (Ware, Suggs, Smith, etc). I think he might have to move to 4-3 OLB in the NFL, and that drops his draft stock massively. Aaron Curry was the last 4-3 OLB to go in the top 10 picks, and even he weighed 254 pounds so a conversion to 3-4 was always possible with him.

Barr is 6'4" too so he's a very skinny 235. He has the frame to add weight, so we'll see. If he ends up staying at a low weight it will be very interesting to see how teams view him. Regardless, he is a fantastic talent. Even as a 4-3 LB he might justify a top 10 pick and normally I would never say that.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, I like Ifo, he plays a lot bigger then his size. I actually think the "other" cornerback, Terrance Mitchell, is going to be a pretty good pro as well.

I was a little bit surprised to see a few of the other Stanford defenders not on the list. I really like Shayne Skov and Trent Murphy. Also surprised our boy Will Sutton wasn't on the list.

I might be wrong in this, but I believe Barr was a running back his first two years at UCLA before moving to LB this past season.

kearly

Reaction score
Lyerla not being on the list is just further proof that Seattle will draft him in the 1st round.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1dzq8mq8 said:
I don't even recognize half of those names. What positions do they play?

3. Marqise Lee, USC, WR
5. Anthony Barr, UCLA, OLB
14. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon, CB
24. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington, TE
28. De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon, RB/WR/returner
29. David Yankey, Stanford, OT
31. Scott Crichton, Oregon State, DE
33. Marcus Mariota, Oregon, QB
34. Lache Seastunk (exception) RB from Baylor. Transferred from Oregon.
37. Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona, RB
40. Ed Reynolds, Stanford, S
42. Morgan Breslin, USC, DE
46. Deandre Coleman, Cal, DT

HolyEffinMoses

Reaction score
I'd love to see ASJ go in the first, but I'm curious how his impending DUI will play out into all of this.

Subzero717

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3duiqcsj said:

If you don't recognize the names is putting their position going to jog your memory?

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
Really suprised by the fact that Will Sutton DT ASU isn't on that list..... Anyone else??

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
cubbyhawkfan":322ty8ck said:
Really suprised by the fact that Will Sutton DT ASU isn't on that list..... Anyone else??

That's not too out of the question. Sutton was viewed as a day 2/3 prospect as it was this past year. We here in Seattle are kind of outliers in terms of a high opinion on him. And much of that is due to the fact that we had such dire need of interior pass rush. Many other teams don't have the issues we do at that position -- but also too, they usually have holes in their starting lineup that need addressing. Holes that tend to require day 1/2 caliber talent to fill. Our situation is kind of unique and his value to us specifically is heightened due to circumstance.

His issue will be lacking prototypical size. And that's being pretty kind as he's not much heavier than John Simon from this year and he's being tried out at OLB in Baltimore. Something that Sutton will not be able to attempt. He's quite clearly a situational prospect. And usually those kinds of players are not generally viewed as day one potential prospects. It doesn't mean he can't be that, but it would have to be the right mix of need (or lack of need) that pushes him upward.

Even now, should Hill or Williams demonstrate or develop into an interior rush upgrade -- he might not even be on our boards either. At least early on. This is a D Line crew ripe with situational guys. As it is, we may be left having to pare down good talent just to get to the final cutdown.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3psr13ul said:
SeatownJay":3psr13ul said:

If you don't recognize the names is putting their position going to jog your memory?
Actually, yes it did on a couple of them.