Chris Harper - WR (Kansas State)

Seabean

Reaction score
Big, physical WR from Kansas State (via Oregon). 6-1, 230; and uses it. Not particular explosive off of the line, but has good straight line speed. I like him after the catch as well. He is raw (only a WR for last 3 years) and had Collin Klein trying to throw him passes in a run-oriented offense- so don't judge him by his stats.

I think he could be a better pro player than college player. Could bust, but I like his upside.

cover-2

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":u95wv05w said:
Don't know much about him.

You will love this dude. He was my favorite WR in the draft and I had him as a 2nd - 3rd round prospect. Draft day steal.

[youtube]trVKhJt7MkM[/youtube]

[youtube]zKbt-TwXKWU[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
I remember him. There was a lot of talk about him back in December/January since he's a former Duck.

I never talked about him because his tape is pretty ugly, to be frank. He has obvious physical talent. In retrospect it makes sense that Seattle makes this this pick.

I don't like it though. Even in the 7th I don't think I would have liked it given some of the outstanding WRs that are still hanging around that late. Mark Harrison is superior in almost every way, IMO.

cover-2

Reaction score
kearly":3r7xceci said:
I remember him. There was a lot of talk about him back in December/January since he's a former Duck.

I never talked about him because his tape is pretty ugly, to be frank. He has obvious physical talent. In retrospect it makes sense that Seattle makes this this pick.

I don't like it though. Even in the 7th I don't think I would have liked it given some of the outstanding WRs that are still hanging around that late. Mark Harrison is superior in almost every way, IMO.

Thats a pretty strong dislike for Harper as a propect. What is it about his game that in your mind that makes him unworthy of a 7th round pick?

I have seen a ton of Harper and having been hyping him up since the middle of this past college football season. While he is not the quickest and he is a raw route runner, but he does excell in other areas. He has unusal size for the position (230 lbs.), physical with the ball in his hands, strong hands, plucks balls out of the air, he has decent body control to catch off target passes, and competitive player on the field.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
kearly":6og3hwut said:

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Reminds me of Brian Blades.

Good athlete but not overwhelming athlete. Tough dude. Not afraid to stick his nose into things in the running game.

I think in 2 or 3 years he'll be a fan favorite.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I'll second the notion that we shoulda coulda woulda taken Ryan Swope at some point in this draft.
And he was there for the taking for like 5 picks in Rounds 4-6!!! :oops:

IMHO Harper was a major reach at #123, and if PC/JS had really wanted Jesse that badly, they could've straightup taken Jesse Williams, runstopper, at #123, and then moved on to the other needs. I don't know about you, but to me it just seemed very odd that we traded down to get 2 extra picks, major reached on Harper, then traded up giving away the 2 extra picks to get Williams.

I believed that we still probably have gotten Swope, Simon, & Harper with any combination of our 3 picks in the 5th, and still had that extra 6th leftover for Scott, Daniels, Harrison, Hopkins, Dimanche, Marquardt etc etc.

Personally, I found it maddening. :? But that's only 'cuz I wanted to absolutely max out every last drop of Day 3 juice...
That said, I'll gladly salvage a bit of the learning curve/maturity I've gained participating in this process, by keeping the faith and trusting in the FO to know what they are doing, wayyy more than I could possibly begin to comprehend, and generally spend the next few days finding my Zen happy place after an overall above average draft. Go Hawks!
:179417:

Largent80

Reaction score
Swope had 5 concussions. Why do you think he dropped like a rock?

A couple of trips over the middle would be #6. At least we have a big WR, that we can afford to take time with.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Unfortunately, if Swope has already had 4 or 5 concussions in college he won't last in the NFL. He may be a good talent, but so was Jahvid Best. Seattle wasn't the only team to pass on Swope.

Harper will be good and brings a physicality to our WR corps that we don't currently have.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Largent80":3t2iy9nb said:
Swope had 5 concussions. Why do you think he dropped like a rock?

A couple of trips over the middle would be #6. At least we have a big WR, that we can afford to take time with.

He surely didn't get any favors done for the concussions by ending up in Arizona, Kam Chancellor is going to be hated around the league after he rocks Swope.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":bv0bumcj said:

I disagree, the highlights/film I've seen of him excite me. He very much looks like Anquan Boldin.. I could see this kid being a bigger factor down the road than he's likely going to be in 2013.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":26k46b5s said:
kearly":26k46b5s said:

I disagree, the highlights/film I've seen of him excite me. He very much looks like Anquan Boldin.. I could see this kid being a bigger factor down the road than he's likely going to be in 2013.

Same, I really like what I see from him. Then again, it really doesn't matter what you, myself, Kearly, or anyone else thought of him..... PC and JS who do this for a living saw enough in him to pick him in the 4th. :th2thumbs:

godawg

Reaction score
With Kris Durham and others, this FO has not distinguished itself in choosing receivers, and perhaps Kearly has a better eye for this than John Schneider.

Nevertheless, I see this pick as a branding pick, a statement. The Seahawks are all about punishing, smash mouth football. Not only will our defense beat the crap out of you and our running backs run over and through you, but even our wide receivers will be doling out the pain. Anquan Boldin wears his defenders out. I hope Harper is even close to that.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
godawg":28ouwyjh said:
With Kris Durham and others, this FO has not distinguished itself in choosing receivers, and perhaps Kearly has a better eye for this than John Schneider.

Nevertheless, I see this pick as a branding pick, a statement. The Seahawks are all about punishing, smash mouth football. Not only will our defense beat the crap out of you and our running backs run over and through you, but even our wide receivers will be doling out the pain. Anquan Boldin wears his defenders out. I hope Harper is even close to that.
:lol: If that was true of anyone on this forum....they would have a GM job. JS does it for a living, his family doesn't eat if he gets fired. Real life consequences and he doesn't have the benefit of his bad calls being lost in the depths of a forum. Sorry bro, but to say anyone here could be a better talent evaluator than JS is kind of silly.

We can say we like ____ or ____ and that gets forgot in 2 months. We watch youtube video's, thats not near the level of JS.

Latest posts