I just CANT see the Jags taking D. Jordan

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • I just cant see it. I could be way offbase here, but I have to assume Gus learned from being here. And, the Jags GM seems to have some potential. I know they need a LEO, but Okafor and Jones may be available by round 2.

Random rant. Just saw the ESPN Sportcenter mock, and they had the Jags taking Jordan and the Raiders taking Ziggy. I could see the latter, if Al's still around.

Jordan is NOT Irvin. Not even close.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• I think Jordan will be a bust...not buyin his hype
    you want a lil woo woooooooooooo
    bubbrubb
    NET Rookie

• I'm not endorsing the pick, but I'd be a little surprised if they didn't take Jordan. Jacksonville's #1 need (other than QB) is pass rush, and Bradley learned to value speed at pass rusher from Carroll. Sure, taking an offensive tackle is the smart move, but they already have an above average starter at LT (Eugene Monroe) who will want to get paid next offseason. Do they let Monroe walk? If so, drafting a top tackle loses it's sheen as well.

Even trading down seems dubious to me. I'm not at all a fan of Jordan as a 4-3 end, but he looks like Julius Peppers compared to Ansah and Mingo.

They have a tough choice to make. I think I'd probably draft Fisher and sign Monroe to an extension, but that's just me.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• bubbrubb wrote:I think Jordan will be a bust...not buyin his hype

Epic screen name.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

• I'm hoping Jordan goes to a 3-4 team. If he stays healthy he'll be a very good OLB. If he's forced to play in a 4-3, i'm not sure.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I agree with everyone who thinks Jordan is going to be a bust and I don't see Jacksonville taking him. I do see Philadelphia taking Jordan with Chip Kelly there, as a Leo type DE/LB is a need in Philadelphia. I see Detroit trading up with Jacksonville to grab Eric Fisher out of Central Michigan and then I see Jacksonville grabbing Sharrif Flloyd after Oakland trades out with Buffalo and Buffalo takes Geno Smith.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:
    Jordan is NOT Irvin. Not even close.

He's definatly not the pass rusher that Irvin is. But he's a better all around football player at this point. I still wouldnt take him in the top 10 though.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Personally, feel his best position would be as 4-3 Strong Side 'backer.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

• If I was the Jags, I'd trade down the #2 with Arizona at #7. Arizona needs a left tackle way more than the Jags do. This way they could pick up an extra pick or 2 and still get the leftovers of Jordan or Ansah at #7. If they both happen to be gone they could probably end up with Lane Johnson, or trade down again and pick up another pick or two. They could conceivably trade down twice, still get Geno Smith to replace Gabbert somewhere in the mid 20's, and then be loaded with 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths to build their new foundation.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

• JSeahawks wrote:I'm hoping Jordan goes to a 3-4 team. If he stays healthy he'll be a very good OLB. If he's forced to play in a 4-3, i'm not sure.

A 3-4 team would be the best fit for him. I do disagree with those who think he's not very good. He does everything well and it will show on the next level.
    gmor
    NET Rookie

• I don't see him as an Irvin, I think a better comparison is Clemons. He can close the edge, drop in zone and bring the heat.

Irvin is a pass rusher that needs to improve all around DE skills. Jordan is an all around DE that needs to improve pass rushing skills (at the NFL level)

Worth the second pick??

Gus needs a corner stone on D, saw the importance of the LEO
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Maybe, Strap, maybe. I felt similar about Mario Williams, and I was right, right? Oh, wait.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• JSeahawks wrote:I'm hoping Jordan goes to a 3-4 team. If he stays healthy he'll be a very good OLB. If he's forced to play in a 4-3, i'm not sure.

Agree. Great fit in Cleveland?
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Yeah, Clevland would make him work. Horton would know exactly what to do.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:Yeah, Clevland would make him work. Horton would know exactly what to do.

We were both wrong. #3 overall. I can't remember if the Phins run a 34. Like J, I think he's a better fit in that scheme.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information