Derek Stephens Seahawks Draft Board Matrix

drdiags

Reaction score
Just saw this posted by Derek Stephens:

http://scouttheseahawks.com/seahawks-draft-board-horizontal-matrix/

Seahawks Draft Board (Horizontal Matrix)
Okay Seahawks Fans…

Davis Hsu and I have created a new way to track the draft, by implementing what we call the “Seahawks Draft Matrix”. This is, of course, version 1.0.

Here’s the rub:

We’ve determined grades and rankings for draft-able players at each offensive and defensive position, and then contrasted those grades and rankings to existing Seahawks players, so as to emphasize which draft prospects could potentially upgrade current Seahawks players.

Perfect for a lazy bum like me.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
One of the most awesome draft tools I have ever seen. Thanks.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Really good stuff, They missed Jon Bostic on there but everything else looked really good

kearly

Reaction score
It's really neat, but I find myself in constant disagreement with the grades. Surprisingly, I frequently disagreed with their Seahawks grades. Just to name a few- Wilson, Sweezy, and Tate are too low, while Harvin is too high and Carpenter shouldn't even have a grade (though I guess they had to give him one). Unger is very good, but higher than Okung?

Not all the draft grades were bad, but the quarterback and WR grades were way out of touch with where I'd have them. In fairness, there is a lot of parity in those groups this year.