Luke Batton visited the Hawks, highlights.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I feel like these guys are a dime a dozen.

Mike Mauti?

kearly

Reaction score
I'm surprised Batton got a visit. He's got good tape and all that, but:

He's 5'10 3/4", 228 pounds. Very undersized.

He only ran a 4.74 forty, and that was his PRO DAY time. Batton makes Michael Clay look like a physical specimen by comparison.

Not hating on the guy, but he's highly "Ruskellian" as a prospect. I would not have expected Seattle to show interest.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":2e4wymqi said:
I'm surprised Batton got a visit. He's got good tape and all that, but:

He's 5'10 3/4", 228 pounds. Very undersized.

He only ran a 4.74 forty, and that was his PRO DAY time. Batton makes Michael Clay look like a physical specimen by comparison.

Not hating on the guy, but he's highly "Ruskellian" as a prospect. I would not have expected Seattle to show interest.

I don't think he is more than a udfa, I think the visit was based on a high number of TFL.

I have noticed that a lot of these small school guys Seattle is looking at excel at playing square to the line of scrimmage. Batton is a quick lateral player, watching him slide the line of scrimmage is a study in fundamentals.

kearly

Reaction score
I agree- his fundamentals are outstanding. He would make a great LB coach when his playing days are done. I want to be clear that I'm not hating on him at all, just surprised that Seattle has interest.

Latest posts