A reason to watch the 1st round: Minnesota Vikings

JSeahawks

Reaction score
As if just having something football related in April isnt enough. Don't forget that our minor league team now has 2 first round picks. #23 and #25. I'm sure in 3-6 years we'll be ready to call them up to the big squad. So who would you like the Vikings to draft for us? Keep in mind, you're looking at our roster 4 years down the road, not necessarily our needs right now.

At #23 I'm hoping DT Sheldon Richardson falls to them. In 4 years we'll need a Brandon Mebane replacement and Richardson and Ndomokong will wreck offences together! (i'm completely convinced that Suh will be a Seahawk in the next 3 years.)

At #25 They take S Matt Elam from Florida. Who will be our Kam Chancellor replacement.

Then I'm going to get greedy and hope that they take Kyle Long in the 2nd round and Marcus Wheaton in the 3rd.

kearly

Reaction score
I think there is a decent chance the Seahawks might take Elam themselves at #56. His stock isn't what it appeared to be a couple months ago. In light of the Chancellor talks not going well, safety has increased in priority enough that drafting a late second round bargain for that position no longer seems crazy.

Agreed that Suh feels "destined" to be a Seahawk. I don't think it will be on his next contract though. There won't be any money for him. I think after he hits age 30 and is looking for a 1 year deal, that's when I think he finally realizes his destiny in Seattle.

As fun as it is to make fun of Minnesota's misfortunes, I really couldn't care less who they draft. What I am interested in seeing is what the Rams do with a #16 and #22 pick in a very good draft for picking in the middle to late first. Janoris Jenkins was the only pick they made last year that made me cringe (in a good way for them) when it happened. I'm not really convinced their FO "gets it." This year the ball is sitting on a tee for them to hit out of the park. Can they possibly screw it up? Here's hoping.

The 49ers could be interesting too. It wouldn't shock me if they ended up with two choices on day 1. Lets hope for more AJ Jenkins type picks.