Interesting article on honeybadger (seahawks related)

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13

• Another Mathieu thread.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• bigcc wrote:sounds like we're bringing him in for a look.

Thoughts?

Please don't.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

• I think Mathieu is the type of guy that scares off most of the league except for the teams that leave no stone unturned like Seattle. Then, Seattle realizes that they don't think he'd be a good fit, and he ends up on the Bengals. The two were made for each other.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Another Mathieu thread.

with an article that directly quotes JS/PC and how they look at players with "troubled pasts"
    bigcc
    NET Veteran

• i'd like to see honey badger in seahawks uni...he balled at lsu...plus weed legal here now so he good...lol
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• bigcc wrote:with an article that directly quotes JS/PC and how they look at players with "troubled pasts"

Mathieu's issues are not in the past.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    bigcc wrote:with an article that directly quotes JS/PC and how they look at players with "troubled pasts"

And how do you know that?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    bigcc wrote:with an article that directly quotes JS/PC and how they look at players with "troubled pasts"

1. You don't know that for a fact

2. Take away Mathieu from the article and it's still filled with quotations from PC/JS about how they view players with disciplinary/legal problems..... explain to me how that isn't seahawk related in comparison to the brian banks thread?

EDIT: I'm guessing you didn't even read it and just saw "honeybadger" in the title and moved it before actually looking
    bigcc
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

And how do you know that?

Because he's admitted it in several interviews during this off-season.

He's still fighting against this habit. Right in the midst of his own personal battle.

Nobody can argue his problems are in the past.

bigcc wrote:EDIT: I'm guessing you didn't even read it and just saw "honeybadger" in the title and moved it before actually looking

I am not a moderator.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• It has been proven for over a decade that weed is indeed a medication, so lets put the "troubles" thing to rest.

If it is an addiction then it is a problem that can be handled.

But to me, the player isn't worth the risk.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I've stayed away from the Mathieu threads, but I figured I'll throw my two cents in before the draft. I love this kids play on the field. He's a natural in every sense of the word and always manages to find himself in the right position almost all the time, even if he doesn't make the play. IMO, there's a style to his play that can't be taught, and that to me is huge.

Yeah, yeah, he's too short and too small, and yes he has a troubled past (presence?), but if this kid was any bigger he'd be a first round pick. Instead, he's worth a 2nd round pick, but now you have to consider his weed addiction. How much does that affect his stock? 3rd? 4th? And then consider the fact he didn't play any ball for an entire year and you can see how it makes his draft stock completely unknown.

Based solely on his performance in the 4 or 5 games I've watched, I'd consider him with our late 2nd round pick, for sure, but knowing everything else (and at the same time knowing nothing), I would only draft him if he was there at our 4th round pick. I like him a lot, but he's a gamble.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:It has been proven for over a decade that weed is indeed a medication, so lets put the "troubles" thing to rest.

If it is an addiction then it is a problem that can be handled.

It doesn't matter if it's a medication. Are we saying that medications cannot be abused here to the serious detriment of your health? Clearly there's a world of difference between a person taking marijuana to ease the pain of a serious illness or even having a crafty joint in a social situation, and having a serious addiction.

As for whether it can be handled, tell that to LSU.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Its about self control, clearly this person has none
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

• NYCoug wrote:I think Mathieu is the type of guy that scares off most of the league except for the teams that leave no stone unturned like Seattle. Then, Seattle realizes that they don't think he'd be a good fit, and he ends up on the Bengals. The two were made for each other.

Perfect
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• I thought Cliff Harris was a better player and his off the field concerns were not as bad as Honeybadger's. He wasn't drafted and has yet to make a 53 man roster. I'm not really against Mathieu as much as I just don't care that much about him.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I think he is more of a "wax" badger.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Honey Oil Badger.

If he happens to be there when we pick in the 4th...I think we have to roll the dice on him (contract language that will surely be a buzz kill for he and his agent).
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information