Dion Jordan, #1 overall pick?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I have no clue who this dude is, just passing it along:

@JeffRisdon 3h

Just re-confirmed with another that what @Ryan_Riddle said yesterday is 100% correct: the #Chiefs are indeed leaning Dion Jordan at #1.

Personally I think Dion is going to be a good NFL player but I think this is a case of teams falling in love with athletecism over production. I'd be weary if my team were going to draft him anywhere in the top 10, not to mention #1. I'm also a little worried that he is going to have Walter Thurmond syndrome. The dude always seems to be banged up.

Great kid though who works his ass off. Would be pretty cool to see a Duck as the #1 pick.

“The day before I was actually playing one of the best games I had in my high school career,” Jordan says. “To come from being on the field one night and then waking up in a hospital bed, that was a reality check. …

“At first, I was really scared. I was like, ‘Wow.’ I was just shocked that it happened to me. Because you never expect something like that to happen.”

Time brings perspective. Jordan had a month in a burn unit, and another one-and-a-half weeks of in-patient rehabilitation to piece some things together.

“I was looking around while I was in the hospital,” he says. “I noticed there were a lot of people, and I was more fortunate than lot of their situations. That’s when it really came to me that I had to appreciate this gift God was blessing me with.”

Jordan needed skin grafts on his left leg. But his burns elsewhere healed without help, which was unexpected.

He had to relearn how to walk. As he did he promised himself he would run someday soon.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... _jord.html

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Dion Jordan and Tamba Hali as the OLB's in a 3-4 would be a handfull for any O-line and they've already invested high draft picks in the interior D-line. So I would'nt be suprised if the Chiefs went for Jordan he's a versatile pass rusher with alot of upside who probably won't make it to far in the draft.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Could see this.

After all, they franchised Branden Albert. He's still there. He could be re-signed (they gave Dwayne Bowe a new deal). It's not like spending the #1 pick on a left tackle is a vital need. Dion Jordan could be a really dynamic OLB alongside Hali. And they're going to need a way to get at Peyton Manning.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":hcno9hth said:
But is he the best player in this draft?

I highly doubt it. From what I've heard he's pretty raw, definately not your typical 1st overall pick.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2jpdo9m9 said:
SeahawksFanForever":2jpdo9m9 said:

I highly doubt it. From what I've heard he's pretty raw, definately not your typical 1st overall pick.

I never had the impression that he was raw. He was asked to do a lot of different things at Oregon and he did them all well. If his sole job was to "go get the QB" a'la a Bruce Irvin I think he would have put up much better numbers. But half the time he was dropping into coverage, or lined up opposite a receiver jamming them at the line of scrimmage.

gmor

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1vvcllsl said:
jlwaters1":1vvcllsl said:
SeahawksFanForever":1vvcllsl said:

I never had the impression that he was raw. He was asked to do a lot of different things at Oregon and he did them all well. If his sole job was to "go get the QB" a'la a Bruce Irvin I think he would have put up much better numbers. But half the time he was dropping into coverage, or lined up opposite a receiver jamming them at the line of scrimmage.

Jordan has the skills to go with the athleticism. The Chiefs would benefit from him immediately. You won't know who the best player actually is for several years and he's definitely top 3 to 5 as it stands now.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think he has amazing potential. In a draft without a clear #1 this year, he might have the most upside. It'd be pretty exciting to see him in that defense, in that division.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Dion can do it all, he can cover WR, rush the QB and is decent vs the run. The main knock on him has never been that he is raw, but that he needs to pack on about 20lbs. UO never used him as strictly a DE, I think he could be a double digit sack guy in the 3-4, but he can also do so much more.

pehawk

Reaction score
From the way he's being described, he sounds a lot like Julian Peterson, with a "blossoming" time similar to Mario Williams? I remember HATING Mario Williams coming out, because he was also just a raw athlete. But, he eventually became a stud.

kearly

Reaction score
As much as I think Dion Jordan is over-rated, I think he's worth a 1st round grade as a 3-4 OLB. He's not worth going #1, but in this draft it's not as big a deal because there isn't much difference between the #1 pick and the #32 pick relatively speaking. I could see the pick looking "okay" in retrospect.

Still, they should take one of the offensive tackles #1. This is the best tackle class since at least 1997, IMO.

A thought- Dion Jordan will probably go #2 overall to Jacksonville if Kansas City passes on him. Maybe this is a tactic by the Chiefs to coax a trade with Jacksonville? I think it's brilliant, if that's the case.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":23puim1x said:

Agreed. He's flawed, not raw. A smart coach will get a good player out of Dion Jordan (assuming that coach has Jordan playing LB).