• Will trade back for a pick & player

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay put at 56

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think they will trade back for a pick next year. The early portion of this draft has a lot of talent so staying doesn't really gain much. This is a good team and I believe will have a lot of wins next year so getting a 2014 pick from anybody will put us in better position next year.

Edit:
There is always a chance that a DT such as Kawaan Short or Sylvester Williams slides, then I'm sure they will consider trading up for one of them. If you choose option 1 you may be saying that someone like that will slide.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I'm thinking it would be too expensive to trade up in the 2nd. I'm thinking the team wants to add another couple of quality pieces and I don't see them trading down at 56 unless they get there and know they can trade back a few spots and still get their player. That's risky, though. If they trade back... it would indicate to me that there are multiple fairly equal options to be had at the obtained draft spot or they just don't see what's left making any more impact than who they can get later in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see the hawks try to package some picks to move up in the 3rd to 5th round range if there is a player they really covet. I'm hoping they report after the draft that they were really targeting just a few players and got the guys they wanted by making a few key moves. It's more exciting for us fans to have multiple picks to see who they can come up with... but, it's going to be a tough roster to crack. Having said all this... of course it takes a willing trade partner to be able to move up.

kearly

Reaction score
I voted "Will trade back for a pick next year." Obviously, if a player they consider a steal reaches #56 they'd probably stay put, but if not, trading down makes a lot of sense given the slow rate of decline in quality with each pick this year. The 76th pick could be (potentially) almost as good as the 56th pick. If Seattle does trade back, I'm sure they'd prioritize future picks in a deal. They may not get them, but I expect them to ask for those first before settling for 2013 picks.

Moving up makes sense as well. Pretty much everyone wants to move down- which means that moving up should be cheap this year, and if they feel they need Sly Williams as much as I think they do, it would be well worth a 3rd round pick to move up and get him somewhere in the 30s. In the unlikely event that Datone Jones makes it out of the 20s I could see Seattle being aggressive.

two dog

Reaction score
I voted for, and my preference is, to trade down for a pick next year.
Specifically, to restore our 3rd round pick in 2014.

However, if a Sly williams, Eric Reid or similar should slip, I could see
them making a move up.

Politics will rule and reports are that the Kam Chancellor talks are not
going well. If true, then it figures that the Seahawks will look for an
enforcer type safety in the upper to middle rounds.

HawkWow

Reaction score
two dog":3nduoegs said:
I voted for, and my preference is, to trade down for a pick next year.
Specifically, to restore our 3rd round pick in 2014.

However, if a Sly williams, Eric Reid or similar should slip, I could see
them making a move up.

Politics will rule and reports are that the Kam Chancellor talks are not
going well. If true, then it figures that the Seahawks will look for an
enforcer type safety in the upper to middle rounds.

IF kam and his agent are playing hardball, I say let him walk. I am a fan, to be sure, but he had his share of mistakes this year and some would argue he cost us a trip to the NFC title game. Looking at the cast around him, I'd say the ball is in our court...not his. I say if a deal can't be done VERY soon, we draft McDonald and pay him a fraction of what Kam is (likely) asking. Especially if we sign Winfield.

I voted we stay put at #56 and hope we don't feel it necessary to draft Kam's replacement in that spot. C'mon Kam!

cover-2

Reaction score
I voted trade for a pick in next year's draft. That's how we ended up drafting Earl Thomas; the year before we had traded our 2nd round pick to the Broncos for their 1st round pick the following year which ended up being the 14th overall selection. Next years draft should be loaded at the top half of the draft, I would not be opposed to taking a gamble with the hope that the extra 1st in 2014 would be a top-10 pick.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd have a hard time thinking they wouldn't move it if the deal was right. I just don't see many/if any prospects that we have to have at the #56 position.