Lawrence Okoye - DL

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Lawrence Okoye - DL
Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 pm
  • Originally projected as an undrafted projected after the Super Regional Combine (what a horrible name) he's made a few teams take a second look. A UK (not University of Kentucky but the United Kingdom) Olympian and Rugby standout that has always been interested in the NFL. He's putting aside the discus for a shot at the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158087/article/lawrence-okoye-impresses-at-super-regional-combine?campaign=Twitter_atl

At nearly 6-foot-6 and 304 pounds, Okoye ran the 40-yard dash in 4.88 and 4.78 seconds while posting a 10-foot-5 broad jump and a 35-inch vertical jump in a "real, first-class show." Brandt called him the class of the defensive linemen in attendance Sunday.

Worth a late round flyer, those measureables are impressive and with 34.5" arms added I'm sure he fits the mould of what we look for as an interior DL disruption.
    HighlandHawk
    NET Rookie

Re: Lawrence Okoye - DL
Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:28 pm
  • And English keeps his feet on the ground and reminds me not to get on the hype train on SDB :)

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/sunday-notes

Physically you can be a match made in heaven, but you just can’t start playing a sport and excel. Okoye has never, ever played American Football. Think about that for a second.
    HighlandHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:46 pm
  • HighlandHawk wrote:And English keeps his feet on the ground and reminds me not to get on the hype train on SDB :)

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/sunday-notes

Physically you can be a match made in heaven, but you just can’t start playing a sport and excel. Okoye has never, ever played American Football. Think about that for a second.

Excellent point which I think applies very much to "level of competition" too. Remember the guy who was 300# plus and could jump from waist deep in a swimming pool up on to the edge? There's a reason he never made it to the NFL, but I have no idea what that reason was, I'm sure it's legit.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:11 pm
  • ^Very good interview. Sounds like he wants it, and knows it ain't easy. Probably won't ever make it, but I don't see him not catching on to a practice squad somewhere. I'd be happy getting him in camp.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information