Huge props to U. Nebraska, this is AWESOME

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • I'm not usually the sentimental type, but not gonna lie, watching this made me a bit teary:

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• That is pretty damn cool.
    the_12th_man
    NET Practice Squad

• Classy :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Not sure why the QB re-directed him. Looked to me like Jack read the cut back perfectly and then Martinez redirected him back to the flow of the defense. Luckily his speed carried him past the pursuit. He also broke the same number of tackles as Kenjon Barner in his college career.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Saw this earlier as well. Glad to see a report of good things like this going on. Hope the kid beats that brain cancer.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• I had two thoughts watching this video. The first was if I would laugh had he gotten creamed (I have a dark sense of humor). The second being if he would do a leaping nutgrab over the goal line.

Apparently I'm not the sentimental type. They say having kids changes you. I hope to be so changed down the road, but for now my inner self is still an ADD-riddled 15 year old.

I hope he lives a full life, or at least gets the absolute maximum out of what he's got left. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for any of us. We should strive to maximize what we've got, too.
    Last edited by kearly on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Per Kearly's comments:
    It's true that tomorrow isn't a guarantee for any of us. I've lost a child and it still hurts. I have known many people who have endured the death of a child and that changes one's life. It's not that children's lives are more valuable than that of adults. Certain death... is a certainty for all of us. I don't think the clip meant to indicate that kids are more valuable, but I can see that being an assumption and not faulting Kearly there. Still, that kid probably can forget what he's dealing with for those moments a lot easier than an adult could. So, I think the clip says something about what is good and right about caring about others... regardless of age. It's great to see the hearts and compassion of the players who are willing to do something to give that kid a moment. I actually grew up in and out of a hospital myself. Never had anything like that... in fact, I was sometimes even ridiculed for something I couldn't control. So, I'd much rather see humans behaving like this rather than the other way around towards fellow man. But, I digress. I'm sure the deed was also for the parents and family as much as it was for the kid. Others care about him and it's a good thing for a coaching staff and university to exhibit kindness above the call of duty in considering others. That's impressive. There's other meaning that could be unpacked in regards to "triumph" exhibited in that clip. But, I've probably said enough.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• Thats pretty awesome!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• JSeahawks wrote:I'm not usually the sentimental type, but not gonna lie, watching this made me a bit teary:

Spec-freakin-tacular!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Loved how the players from both teams actually "pursued" and "blocked" for the kid.

Definitely a :th2thumbs: moment.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I don't cry for virtually anything, never really have. I have 2 kids now, a 2 year old and an 8 month old and it does change you. I saw my little boy in that clip. This clip had me in tears. It was a moment where all he had to fight for was the goal line and he could forget the crap that he has to bravely deal with every other day of his life. Hate to see a little guy like that with so much to live for fighting for his life.

Kudos to both teams for doing something so incredible.
    Meedsy
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information