With the 56th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select...

With the 56th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select...

• Khaseem Greene

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Terron Armstead

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Kyle Long

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Jordan Mills

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Sylvester Williams

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Other (post in thread)

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters

GoHawks

Reaction score
Just to be contrary - I'll go with Sylvester Williams

polarbill1999

Reaction score
I picked Sly because we could use a 3T for the next 3 years and he is the BPA of those guys.

kearly

Reaction score
Menelik Watson, Sly Williams, Kawann Short, and Zach Ertz are the players I'm rooting for the most. Of that group, I think Short has the best chance to reach #56.

My guess is none of them reach us and Seattle takes Brandon Williams. Brennan Williams, Jordan Mills, and Bennie Logan all feel likely as well, but in a draft like this I'm fully expecting a "wow! what the hell!" pick like Denard Robinson. Even a safety at #56 would not surprise me.

two dog

Reaction score
Matt Scott-If his workout with the Seahawks was as sensational as reported.
Looking for lightning to strike twice...Two years from now flip him for a
first rounder.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Ummm... Nobody, Seahawks trade down preferably for DT, Jordan Hill. But honestly who would know.

If the Seahawks can sign Antoine Winfield, we virtually enter this draft with no significant need, we could go best player available i.e. Ryan Swope if available and let Tate/Baldwin walk next year.

So many possibilities, which will be very exciting but the best thing the Seahawks can do in this draft is come out with a 3rd round pick in 2014 and the Harvin trade becomes a contract for a 24 year old, 4 year veteran who arguably is the best multi-weapon offensive skill player in the league primed to become an elite WR with Russell Wilson for pretty much the #25 pick in the 2013 draft.

I vote for trade down.

j hawk

Reaction score
Many good options and could argue for any one of them. I went with Greene to fill a void at LB. Can we pick 5 guys in the 56-65 range?

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A safety not being taked about much that is currently ranked by many in the late 2-nd round:

His most appearant weakness is that he is too aggressive but he had some very impresssive combine numbers. Might just fit PC/JS ideas for a FS (backing up ET with some nickle back, big safety work?)

Eric Reid, FS, LSU, 6-1, 213, 4.49/40, 33-5/8" arms, 10" hands, 2.55-20yd split, 1.53-10yd split, 40.5" vert, 11'-2" broad, 4.22 shuttle, 6.99 cone, 17 reps.

cover-2

Reaction score
I voted other, with DT Brandon Williams in mind. He could be best available player when we pick at #56, plus he plays at a position of need, and he fits the big body type they like at DT & 5-tech. If forced to chose one of the players that were listed, I would chose Kyle Long. Long is a bit of a knucklehead, but he is oozing with potential. Let him compete for starting OG as a rookie and he would be the eventual replacement at RT.

ivotuk

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2plz0kdp said:
A safety not being taked about much that is currently ranked by many in the late 2-nd round:

His most appearant weakness is that he is too aggressive but he had some very impresssive combine numbers. Might just fit PC/JS ideas for a FS (backing up ET with some nickle back, big safety work?)

Eric Reid, FS, LSU, 6-1, 213, 4.49/40, 33-5/8" arms, 10" hands, 2.55-20yd split, 1.53-10yd split, 40.5" vert, 11'-2" broad, 4.22 shuttle, 6.99 cone, 17 reps.

Wow, I had no idea Reid scored that good.

Of those presented, Sly Williams. Great DT who is ranked higher and that fills a need.

Of those not listed, Sio Moore, great prospect that, imaho, can play any of the LB positions.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I changed my mind. I predict CB David Amerson will be the guy at #56.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If we can't get Kam to resign long term mabye drafting a Saftey will wake him up and allow us to let him walk next year if that Sfatey pans out.

I don't understand why more people aren't mentioning WLB as a major position of need. Going into the season with Malcolm Smith as our starting WLB is very scary to me, he is unproven to a degree and if he couldn't beat out Hill who was pretty bad then he must not be view as that good by the coaches. I think PC&JS have somehow kept this major need under wraps and keeping people from discussing it much and the the opportunity arives they will pounce on a starting WLB early.

Unless they have their eye on a LB in the 3rd or 4th that they know can make an impcat I will be pissed if we pass on Green, Brown, or Moore at #56. Gooden would be a solid alternative but he might be there in the 3rd.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Outta left field: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

Behind Sherm and Browner, this team has only question marks at cornerback. Additionally, Browner is a free agent at the end of 2013--a free agent approaching 30 years of age.

The past success of drafting cornerbacks late, or getting them on the cheap, isn't good enough reason to pass a guy that is a perfect fit for the scheme: tall/long, ball-hawking, aggressive, solid-tackling corner.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
nanomoz":6l5qr9r2 said:
Outta left field: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

Behind Sherm and Browner, this team has only question marks at cornerback. Additionally, Browner is a free agent at the end of 2013--a free agent approaching 30 years of age.

The past success of drafting cornerbacks late, or getting them on the cheap, isn't good enough reason to pass a guy that is a perfect fit for the scheme: tall/long, ball-hawking, aggressive, solid-tackling corner.

I completely agree. We may be advocating for two different guys, but the traits are nearly identical.