With the 56th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select...

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13

With the 56th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select...

Khaseem Greene
31%
Terron Armstead
10%
Kyle Long
18%
Jordan Mills
3%
Sylvester Williams
15%
Other (post in thread)
24%

Total votes : 62

• I think its going to be Terron Armstead.
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

• Just to be contrary - I'll go with Sylvester Williams
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

• Other: DJ Swearinger
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

• I picked Sly because we could use a 3T for the next 3 years and he is the BPA of those guys.
    polarbill1999
    NET Starter

• Menelik Watson, Sly Williams, Kawann Short, and Zach Ertz are the players I'm rooting for the most. Of that group, I think Short has the best chance to reach #56.

My guess is none of them reach us and Seattle takes Brandon Williams. Brennan Williams, Jordan Mills, and Bennie Logan all feel likely as well, but in a draft like this I'm fully expecting a "wow! what the hell!" pick like Denard Robinson. Even a safety at #56 would not surprise me.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Matt Scott-If his workout with the Seahawks was as sensational as reported.
    Looking for lightning to strike twice...Two years from now flip him for a
    first rounder.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• Ummm... Nobody, Seahawks trade down preferably for DT, Jordan Hill. But honestly who would know.

If the Seahawks can sign Antoine Winfield, we virtually enter this draft with no significant need, we could go best player available i.e. Ryan Swope if available and let Tate/Baldwin walk next year.

So many possibilities, which will be very exciting but the best thing the Seahawks can do in this draft is come out with a 3rd round pick in 2014 and the Harvin trade becomes a contract for a 24 year old, 4 year veteran who arguably is the best multi-weapon offensive skill player in the league primed to become an elite WR with Russell Wilson for pretty much the #25 pick in the 2013 draft.

I vote for trade down.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Many good options and could argue for any one of them. I went with Greene to fill a void at LB. Can we pick 5 guys in the 56-65 range?
    Go Hawks!
    j hawk
    NET Rookie

• I think it will be a LB, but not Greene.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Sean Porter
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• David Quessenberry or DJ Swearinger
    “How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”

- Henry David Thoreau
    bbsplitter
    NET Rookie

• A safety not being taked about much that is currently ranked by many in the late 2-nd round:

His most appearant weakness is that he is too aggressive but he had some very impresssive combine numbers. Might just fit PC/JS ideas for a FS (backing up ET with some nickle back, big safety work?)

Eric Reid, FS, LSU, 6-1, 213, 4.49/40, 33-5/8" arms, 10" hands, 2.55-20yd split, 1.53-10yd split, 40.5" vert, 11'-2" broad, 4.22 shuttle, 6.99 cone, 17 reps.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• I voted other, with DT Brandon Williams in mind. He could be best available player when we pick at #56, plus he plays at a position of need, and he fits the big body type they like at DT & 5-tech. If forced to chose one of the players that were listed, I would chose Kyle Long. Long is a bit of a knucklehead, but he is oozing with potential. Let him compete for starting OG as a rookie and he would be the eventual replacement at RT.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:A safety not being taked about much that is currently ranked by many in the late 2-nd round:

His most appearant weakness is that he is too aggressive but he had some very impresssive combine numbers. Might just fit PC/JS ideas for a FS (backing up ET with some nickle back, big safety work?)

Eric Reid, FS, LSU, 6-1, 213, 4.49/40, 33-5/8" arms, 10" hands, 2.55-20yd split, 1.53-10yd split, 40.5" vert, 11'-2" broad, 4.22 shuttle, 6.99 cone, 17 reps.

Wow, I had no idea Reid scored that good.

Of those presented, Sly Williams. Great DT who is ranked higher and that fills a need.

Of those not listed, Sio Moore, great prospect that, imaho, can play any of the LB positions.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• I changed my mind. I predict CB David Amerson will be the guy at #56.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• If we can't get Kam to resign long term mabye drafting a Saftey will wake him up and allow us to let him walk next year if that Sfatey pans out.

I don't understand why more people aren't mentioning WLB as a major position of need. Going into the season with Malcolm Smith as our starting WLB is very scary to me, he is unproven to a degree and if he couldn't beat out Hill who was pretty bad then he must not be view as that good by the coaches. I think PC&JS have somehow kept this major need under wraps and keeping people from discussing it much and the the opportunity arives they will pounce on a starting WLB early.

Unless they have their eye on a LB in the 3rd or 4th that they know can make an impcat I will be pissed if we pass on Green, Brown, or Moore at #56. Gooden would be a solid alternative but he might be there in the 3rd.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Wild prediction: Keenan Allen falls to 56 and Seattle takes him
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Outta left field: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

Behind Sherm and Browner, this team has only question marks at cornerback. Additionally, Browner is a free agent at the end of 2013--a free agent approaching 30 years of age.

The past success of drafting cornerbacks late, or getting them on the cheap, isn't good enough reason to pass a guy that is a perfect fit for the scheme: tall/long, ball-hawking, aggressive, solid-tackling corner.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• nanomoz wrote:Outta left field: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

Behind Sherm and Browner, this team has only question marks at cornerback. Additionally, Browner is a free agent at the end of 2013--a free agent approaching 30 years of age.

The past success of drafting cornerbacks late, or getting them on the cheap, isn't good enough reason to pass a guy that is a perfect fit for the scheme: tall/long, ball-hawking, aggressive, solid-tackling corner.

I completely agree. We may be advocating for two different guys, but the traits are nearly identical.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• Praying for Zach Ertz (aka baby Gronk) but who the hell knows with this FO.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Robert Woods
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Johnthan Banks... I hope.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

• We don't need WR's but Quinton Patton is the guy they want at that spot IMO.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Arthur Brown outta Kansas State
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

• Honey badger. Yes i know we have AW, but it fits with the WTF! reaction of recent first picks. Always compete always win, especially when AW is 36.
    SEC 139 ROW AA SEAT 3
    seatt1eslew
    NET Veteran

• seatt1eslew wrote:Honey badger. Yes i know we have AW, but it fits with the WTF! reaction of recent first picks. Always compete always win, especially when AW is 36.

:pukeface:
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Opinions are like youknowwhats. I remember when similar emoticons were used when people didn't want Clausen. Lol (and I always hated Clausen btw).

If not the best available DB, whoever the best OL/DT/LB prospect is will be the pick. Only God knows who JS thinks that is.
    SEC 139 ROW AA SEAT 3
    seatt1eslew
    NET Veteran

• At first I kinda assumed we would take an OLB to compete with Smith, but the more I think about it, theres a good chance we'll take a TE. Zach Miller is a great TE, but takes up a ton of cap space. We could develop a round 2 TE, make sure he's the guy, and cut or restructure Zach Miller next year if we have to.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• I wouldn't mind seeing them take Greene as Hill's replacement.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• As we now have our nickel back. I see our top item on the shopping list is place kicker. We don't have one except for a guy they liked from the playoff try outs.

I don't see any holes that are critical. M. smith filled in pretty well for Hill. We could use a rotational DT. A TE with good speed would be nice. Maybe a better RT, those penalties were drive killers. If a QB is available to challenge for the 3rd spot
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• seahawks875 wrote:I think its going to be Terron Armstead.

Agree.
    godawg
    NET Starter

• In his latest mock draft, Rob Rang has E.J. Manuel dropping all the way down to the 49ers at #61. Let me tell you guys, if that's at all accurate and he's still on the board when the Hawks pick at #56 ... I think they sprint to the podium to make that pick. I find it hard to believe that they would pass on him.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Tyrann Mathieu

I'm not even a huge fan of the guy or anything, I just have a gut feeling they'll be the ones to do this

If I had my way though we'd move up from 56 to get our favorite OLB :th2thumbs:
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran

• I voted for Kassem Greene, because I think Sylvester Williams will be gone. If Williams isn there I'd take him. Really though, they've got the luxury of taking the best available player
    Norn Iron man
    NET Bench Warmer

• I think this FO has done everything they can (and phenomenally well) to put themselves in the ultimate position of truly going best player available. Seems like this is the first time since they took over they truly are in that position. Sure, we could use upgrades at 3 tech DT, WOLB, TE, and rt OT but we could play really well w/ the status quo. It is going to be really interesting and exciting to see what our future of drafting may look like.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• need to shore up that right side...i say long...
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• seatt1eslew wrote:If not the best available DB, whoever the best OL/DT/LB prospect is will be the pick. Only God knows who JS thinks that is.

2 of the guys are unavailable, and I'm still trying to find out where Other played.
    SEC 139 ROW AA SEAT 3
    seatt1eslew
    NET Veteran

• They trade up and pick Keenan Allen..
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information