TJ Mcdonald- Can he be Kam Chancellor type to play LB?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • I look at the physical traits of TJ and he can be had late 4th maybe 5th do we take him and use him as a hybrid LB Safety in the mold of Kam and leave Kam at his natural spot?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2539309
    "It takes a big man to cry but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man"
    Biggiec76
    NET Starter

• Biggiec76 wrote:I look at the physical traits of TJ and he can be had late 4th maybe 5th do we take him and use him as a hybrid LB Safety in the mold of Kam and leave Kam at his natural spot?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2539309

Very similar to Mike Morgan. Same size, speed (actually slower), hard hitter etc. Save for we got him as an UDFA. I don't even think McDonald would make the team. Lots of UDFA guys that would fit this mold too. I think there might be better value at other positions in 4/5.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• In all seriousness, I'm surprised Seattle hasn't tried to convert Morgan or Smith to safety yet. Both have outstanding measurables for strong safety. If there was a safety in this draft who played like a linebacker on tape and had 4.4s speed at nearly 230 pounds, we'd be stoked to get him.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:In all seriousness, I'm surprised Seattle hasn't tried to convert Morgan or Smith to safety yet. Both have outstanding measurables for strong safety. If there was a safety in this draft who played like a linebacker on tape and had 4.4s speed at nearly 230 pounds, we'd be stoked to get him.

You mean like Cooper Taylor? 8) :lol:
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie

• kearly wrote:In all seriousness, I'm surprised Seattle hasn't tried to convert Morgan or Smith to safety yet. Both have outstanding measurables for strong safety. If there was a safety in this draft who played like a linebacker on tape and had 4.4s speed at nearly 230 pounds, we'd be stoked to get him.

With Chancellor potentially out of the mix, seems like a reasonable idea. Wasn't Morgan pretty brutal in coverage though? I remember him being pretty reasonable against the run, but just whiffing badly in coverage.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    kearly wrote:In all seriousness, I'm surprised Seattle hasn't tried to convert Morgan or Smith to safety yet. Both have outstanding measurables for strong safety. If there was a safety in this draft who played like a linebacker on tape and had 4.4s speed at nearly 230 pounds, we'd be stoked to get him.

With Chancellor potentially out of the mix, seems like a reasonable idea. Wasn't Morgan pretty brutal in coverage though? I remember him being pretty reasonable against the run, but just whiffing badly in coverage.

I sure hope Kam isn't let go. He's my favorite Seahawk.

I come from a military background, and served myself; the two people a Marine loves almost as much as God himself are the Corpsman(medic), and the "enforcer". It's not a given title, it's earned, and Kam has earned his. It's a role in the locker room that I would think be hard to replace. I know it always left a void in our platoon anytime a "enforcer" left or you got a new corpsman.

Just my two cents, I love me some Kam.
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie

• If TJ has the mental aptitude to play SS, then his measurable's make him a 2nd round pick. I must admit some interest here.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information