Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin 5th rd?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I was reading up on OT prospects came across wagner he has the size coach Cable likes 6'6 308lbs and his strength is against the run. He is a hustler more than a technician and is compared to Giacomini so you know he has the nastyness that you want in a RT. He also blocked the blind side of Russell Wilson for a year in Wisconsin but his pass protection is sloppy so he would play RT in the NFL. From what i have read he has not had the best pre-draft workouts so he could fall to a more favorable round for the seahawks to pick up some tackle insurance. I'm basing all of this off of scouting reports and nothing off tape but it seems he would be a solid player that coach Cable could work with.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I see Wagner as 'Moffitt Lite', Wagner was terrible at the Snr. Bowl and at the combine, he's short armed, lifted weakly, and seems ponderously slow. I'm not sure he's worth a 5th.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I like Wagner and think he would be a nice depth pick in the 5th or later.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
jammerhawk":cva6xzwt said:
I see Wagner as 'Moffitt Lite', Wagner was terrible at the Snr. Bowl and at the combine, he's short armed, lifted weakly, and seems ponderously slow. I'm not sure he's worth a 5th.

I second this! Pass on Wagner and go after someone like Earl Watford in the later rounds.

Latest posts