Is this a solid trade idea?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seattle trades its 56th pick, 220th pick + OG, John Moffitt
To Tampa Bay For Its
73rd pick, 111th pick, and its 2014 3rd Round Pick.

Seattle loses about 17 spots in draft position from 2nd to 3rd but picks up an extra 4th and the pick they lost in the Harvin trade and a player who is probably on the outside looking in with a healthy James Carpenter in the fold.

Tampa Bay moves up 17 spots but loses their 3rd and 4th round pick (they have 2) plus acquire a 7th rounder which they don't own. And they also get a cheap, functional lineman with starting exp with depth after being decimated with injuries at that position last year.

Sounds like win-win, right?

two dog

Reaction score
I dunno, maybe if they were at the top of the round. I really like
the idea of recouping next year's third though.
I would add a sixth anyway, all they can say is no and there's
gotta be somebody in the sixth that can beat out Thigpin.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
No thanks, we're picking low enough as it is. I'd be more in favour of packaging our 4th, and one of our 5ths (and maybe a 7th) to move up to the 3rd. I think with our squad as stacked with talent as it is, it's a case of quality over quantity and the drop off in talent between the 3rd and 4th this year could be pretty big. However I'm sure we'll strike gold in the later rounds as we have done in the past few years, and it may make little sense to move up at such expense.

So basically I've just made my point and argued against it. Something this wonderful regime has me often doing because it's near enough impossible to second guess them. But all this speculation is rather fun, but ultimately redundant. Roll on the end of the month.

kearly

Reaction score
Excuse me while I whip out some hand lotion. That is some top shelf rosterbation right there.

I guess I'd do that trade. Kind of feels like Tampa would be giving up a lot for a league average guard though.

Latest posts