Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin 5th rd?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin 5th rd?
Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 am
  • I was reading up on OT prospects came across wagner he has the size coach Cable likes 6'6 308lbs and his strength is against the run. He is a hustler more than a technician and is compared to Giacomini so you know he has the nastyness that you want in a RT. He also blocked the blind side of Russell Wilson for a year in Wisconsin but his pass protection is sloppy so he would play RT in the NFL. From what i have read he has not had the best pre-draft workouts so he could fall to a more favorable round for the seahawks to pick up some tackle insurance. I'm basing all of this off of scouting reports and nothing off tape but it seems he would be a solid player that coach Cable could work with.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

Re: Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin 5th rd?
Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:52 am
  • I see Wagner as 'Moffitt Lite', Wagner was terrible at the Snr. Bowl and at the combine, he's short armed, lifted weakly, and seems ponderously slow. I'm not sure he's worth a 5th.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 am
  • I like Wagner and think he would be a nice depth pick in the 5th or later.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:I see Wagner as 'Moffitt Lite', Wagner was terrible at the Snr. Bowl and at the combine, he's short armed, lifted weakly, and seems ponderously slow. I'm not sure he's worth a 5th.

I second this! Pass on Wagner and go after someone like Earl Watford in the later rounds.
    “How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”

- Henry David Thoreau
    bbsplitter
    NET Rookie

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information