Two RB's i'd consider in the mid rounds

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Even though Harvin can play some running back I still think we'll take a RB somewhere in this draft as insurance to Lynch and Turbin.

Two guys id consider and be very happy with in the 3-5 round range:

Johnathon Franklin from UCLA

[youtube]radx4cnFjk4[/youtube]

Or Russell Wilson's old teammate Montee Ball:

[youtube]vtzFN4hbCds[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
Franklin is a favorite of Matt Waldman. I think Franklin is alright- strikes me as a perfectly average NFL RB. More of a competent RB than a "wow did you see that" RB. Think Mo Morris.

Montee Ball is a lot like Mark Ingram. Tough, smart, polished, slow, good vision, nose for the endzone, benefited from awesome run blocking. I was a big fan of Ingram in 2011. Unfortunately, Ingram's been one of my bigger whiffs. He's been a big disappointment so far despite playing for a very good offense.

I wouldn't hate getting either one, but there are many others who excite me more. Of the two, I think I'd prefer Ball. I think he'd fit our power running game very well. That plus I have some emotional attachment to that 2011 Wisconsin team, and it would be pretty amazing to see Wilson handing off to Ball once again.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
How about Boise's DJ Harper, who Waldman also gave a good write up to? Sounds like a great match for this offense: good, patient one-cut downhill runner with good receiving skills. Explosive with quick feet. Could be a good change of pace from Lynch and Turbin.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Would like to get a faster guy that can do some return duties. Kerwin Williams from Utah St is my favorite for now. Would be cool to reunite him with Turbin too.