Better make it count

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Better make it count
Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:25 am
  • Could you imagine English's feelings on Kitna?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:24 am
  • pehawk wrote:Could you imagine English's feelings on Kitna?

Or Dave Kreig or Jim Zorn for that matter, Zorn hidden in the depth Chart at Dallas, Kreig from Milton college, of and Hass from BC at I think a low level pick. So given that we would never had had any QB's that did anything in the history of this franchise for any length of time.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:14 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I really, really, really wish he'd never had that game. It's clouded a lot of judgement on him.

Look on the bright side: after today, we don't have to rehash or pick that game apart any longer.

In fact, maybe today would be the perfect day to just hit the pub and unplug for 24 hours. Just get away from the ever important back up QB debate for just a little while.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:19 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Could you imagine English's feelings on Kitna?

Or Dave Kreig or Jim Zorn for that matter, Zorn hidden in the depth Chart at Dallas, Kreig from Milton college, of and Hass from BC at I think a low level pick. So given that we would never had had any QB's that did anything in the history of this franchise for any length of time.

Yes because that's how it works isn't it?

I don't rate Flynn, so therefore would automatically share the same opinion about three other completely unrelated quarterbacks.

Derrrrrr.........
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:12 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Could you imagine English's feelings on Kitna?

Yes because that's how it works isn't it?

I don't rate Flynn, so therefore would automatically share the same opinion about three other completely unrelated quarterbacks.

Derrrrrr.........

Quite being a girl. It's fair...beyond fair really.

Kreig played for a bankrupt school, UDFA. Zorn, a Hoops school. Kitna, a place 2 hours out of Seattle where I would occasionally drive becuase I could sleep with any woman there due to my supplies(pathetice lil school) . The first and last we're below average size and armed.

You may've liked Zorn. He's Josh Johnson...but with way more smarts.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:17 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Flushing a season if your starter gets injured is a defeatist attitude, there is a reason GB had guys behind the starters that could play the game, Brunell, Hass, Brooks, to name a couple, they don't have to be elite but they need to have the respect of a defense.

Do you know what Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks and Hass all have in common?

They were all traded away for draft picks.
    el capitan
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:50 pm
  • Just to help clear up some financial misconceptions a few people have, trading Flynn saved Seattle $5.25 million total cap space compared to keeping him for one more year ($3.25 million this year plus $2 million next year). We also got two draft picks, which IMO matters just as much as the money. And also, those savings will roll over into future seasons, so it's hardly a meaningless transaction. Far from it.

I'm more bullish on Flynn than many other trade supporters, but I still feel this is an acceptable risk with a good reward. Seattle badly needs to gain cap space for next season and they are always looking for ways to add future picks. The odds of actually needing Flynn to save our 2013 season are remote. And even if Flynn were to make a difference in 2013, who's to say his replacement might not be so capable? If we get Tyler Wilson in the 4th round for example, I'd consider the position upgraded.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information