McShay's Latest Mock

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Sando has an article up about T McShay's latest mock. We take Brandon Williams. Big fatass. I like it.

But beware the Rams. They make a haul in two rounds.
-Cordarelle Patterson
-Sylvester Williams
-Eddie Lacy

Ruminator

Reaction score
Looks like a big badass that should help against the run, but I'm not sure I'm happy with the idea of using our first pick on D with all the difficulties our OL has had maintaining the QB pocket. I guess we'll see which direction they go in less than a month.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like one more guy we can check off as NOT being a Seahawk. I'll be shocked when the national media successfully chooses one of our early picks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LOL @ mock drafts.

Listen, I will attempt to guess the first five rounds of the draft, of which 98% of my guesses will be wrong.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
JesterHawk":n1c62xvi said:
Sounds like one more guy we can check off as NOT being a Seahawk. I'll be shocked when the national media successfully chooses one of our early picks.

It's not like the local media has been any better predicting them

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1ujxgg2i said:
JesterHawk":1ujxgg2i said:

It's not like the local media has been any better predicting them

NOBODY is. That's his point. I think.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Any chance we'll be more likely to draft for the OL given all of our FA DL pickups?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Will and TE is where my gut says but I have a feeling we will be moving around a lot in this draft, packaging picks to move up or trading away picks for next year.

Right now this team is stacked at starter and depth. Drafting 11 players would be wasting picks IMO.

Lessor area's I see WR then guard. WR for depth and development and guard for depth. I really don't think er are bad on the O-line, at least not personnel wise. I think it just a unit that needs to gel and will improve as Wilson uses the pocket more consistantly. Not a nock on Wilson but early on the line was young and Wilson didn't trust them ( for good reason) but as they gel and Wilson relies more on the pocket, the line will improve. Grabbing more guys to fix the problem is only going to delay the development.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1q3rndam said:
For once, I literally don't care at all who they take in this draft. It's completely BPA, IMO. I'm not going to stress out about it like I usually do.

This is kinda where I'm at. Because John and Pete have done such a good job the past three years, this draft is for depth. Unless we have another RW scenario where a mid to late rounder just flat out beats a starter out for his job, I don't see any starters in this draft class. Maybe an outside LB or offensive lineman? But that's a big maybe.

mikeak

Reaction score
This draft may be for depth and this draft may not be significant for the 2013 season BUT we won't keep this roster intact over the next 2-3 years and injuries WILL happen..........

SDHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1kp6h7az said:
Kyle Long, book it.

Yeah if we can move up the 2nd, I like Kyle Long.

Like Brandon Williams in the 3rd.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Kyle Long should be still on the board when we pick at #56.

I'd rather have Markus Wheaton, or Justin Hunter, or Vance McDonald, or Ryan Swope, or Khaseen Greene, or Robert Woods at #56.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
There are probably 3-4 OT alone that I like better that should be available at #56.

Maybe if he's rattling around in the 4th and we haven't yet picked a guy. There are over a dozen prospects with 2nd/3rd round grades I'd prefer we take.

Of course, should we take him, I'll just presume he's way better than I estimated. At this point, I don't see a top 100 kind of guy. I don't even regard him as highly as I did Bobbie Massie from the 2012 draft and he went in the 4th. In a weak OL class to boot.

ivotuk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2tcbya2c said:
Kyle Long should be still on the board when we pick at #56.

I'd rather have Markus Wheaton, or Justin Hunter, or Vance McDonald, or Ryan Swope, or Khaseen Greene, or Robert Woods at #56.

Justin Hunter? Look at his drop rate. About every 10 balls, he drops one. I would prefer the receiver from Marshall, aaron Dobson

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think a big lesson was learned by many last season. Specifically those who disregarded a player due entirely to his height. I think there is another player in this draft that is being dismissed in much the same way. IMO- DangeRuss needs at least one more of his WR's that are elite playmakers to go along with and complement Percy Harvin. I would hope (with the 3-rd round pick, #87 overall), the Seahawks take a dynamic WR that can run clean routes and make a lot of clutch catches, like this guy.
Bailey can beat press coverage easily and is functional both in the slot or as a wideout. I could see him becoming RW's go to guy.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/ ... -td-or-1st

72 (63.15%) of West Virginia WR Stedman Bailey's 114 receptions in 2012 resulted in a first down or touchdown. (he led the NCAA (by far) in TD receptions with 25 last season). STATS Inc. calls these "clutch receptions," and Bailey leads the draft eligible receiver group on 148 targets. A favorite of Geno Smith in the red zone, Bailey has a knack for coming up with big catches in important situations. "We absolutely love his game and consider him a second-round talent"

Mike Mayock has said on multiple occasions that Bailey is the best route runner in this draft. So what if he's ONLY 5'-10", he gets the job done. He'd be a much better pick than just another tall, fast guy like Kris Durham (and that level of WR may be the very best that could be found in the mid to later rounds). IMO.