Would you? And if so what RD?

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
I looked didn't see any thing with Tyrann Matthieu. With our team stacked in most positions. A fast nickel corner would be nice. Would you pick him with our 2nd RD pick. He has big play ability and if he really plays good football I think we would be set. Who agrees or disagrees. I would take him in 2nd but would like to wait till 3rd.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
There are several threads in the draft forum about this. . . Wouldn't even take him as an udfa.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Would love him int he 5th since we have two that way if he comes in and doesn't prove worthy we easily cut our losses. But it would likely take or 3rd or 4th which i'd still be happy with as long as we got a starting LB and and good #2 TE.

G

Yes I would, and I'd pull the trigger @ #56. I don't think he'll be there @ #87. Our D is stacked... Adding an instinctive turnover machine like Mathieu puts us over the top. This is the type of high risk/extremely high reward pick we can afford to make with so many holes filled via free agency. I think he'll prove me right. Game changer.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I would take him in Round 3 or 4, he seems to be trying to better himself as well as get paid so he should be on his p's n q's in order to get that big money. I think our secondary would mentor him and i think he would respond better to younger players with chips on their shoulders and good work ethic opposed to an older player who he could not relate to as much. If Mathieu's drug problem was just weed and alcohol than i would'nt be too worried he was in college, he could've learned a lesson by seeing his possibility of being drafted early go down the drain. If seattle did take him i think they would draft a young hungry playmaker looking to prove somthing who can play nickel CB.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Can't get enuf of TM . . . /sarcasm - we could derail this thread and discuss Shemarko Thomas, equal or better skilset without the off-field issues?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Tyrann Matthieu is probably the most over-hyped player in this draft, I don't think he is anything special and I'll be glad when we don't draft him. I can see St. Louis, Bengals, or maybe one of the NFC east teams taking a risk just because the Cowboys and Washington (epithets) are run by publicity hounds.