QB/WR

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Denard Robinson now he is coming out as WR not a QB I think he is great and has potential. Here are some numbers on him

6ft
200LB
ran a 40 time of 4.43

ran for 4,495 yards and 42 touchdowns in four years of college, while also passing for 6,250 yards and 49 touchdowns

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I think he's 2 years away from being allowed on the field in any capacity where the ball is touched.

He looks incredibly awkward as a receiver. It's just patently clear that he hasn't developed receiving skills. Balls thrown at him just eat him up like a clumsy infielder trying to field bad hops.

He doesn't attack the ball. He reaches too soon. He does a lot of things that high school kids still work on.

He's fast. He's electric. But he handles the ball like someone that is constantly fighting to track it. He's ridiculously raw. I'd say he's a year from being as capable of making this switch than JR Sweezy was last year. He certainly doesn't have a natural affinity for ball skills. He's just fast.

Whenever anyone touts him, that's pretty much the beginning and the end of why they think he can play. But he has pure freshman level WR skills -- the kind that are politely redshirted so they can become acceptable.

Some team is going to take him early. I hope it's not us though.

OP
OP
Tylerhawk

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks I just didn't know much about him he looks fast and looks like he can make some fast plays and I dont think he is a 2nd or 3nd rounder im thinking more like 6th rounder for some maybe slot WR big play potential

aawolf

Reaction score
My hometown team, the Panthers, tried this experiment in the first three rounds by drafting App. State QB Armanti Edwards in the third round in 2010 to play WR and kick returner. If you saw the App. State v. Michigan Game, or any other game that Edwards played in college, you'd be in love with his athleticism too. Since that time, he's had 5 receptions and 121 total yards. The experiment has failed. Not saying Robinson would be as big a bust, but its worth noting that it could happen.