TJ McDonald, S, USC?

ErikG803

Reaction score
This might have been a better topic a while back considering we're apparently talking extension with Kam, but back when I thought he was the guy that would be allowed to walk in order to cut costs this guy seems like a solid replacement for him. Close to the same height, gives up about 15-20 pounds but I would imagine he makes up for that with a little more speed.

Thought I used to see him in round 1 but now it seems he's more 3-4. Even if we do extend Kam, what do you guys think about McDonald? Seems at least he has the same unique size for a safety so even if he's not going to start wouldn't be bad to have him around as depth. Then again, I know there's a reason his stock is falling and I'm guessing it's nothing good. :p

What do you guys who have seen him play think?

kearly

Reaction score
Meh on McDonald. Nothing explosive or eye-catching about his game. Probably will be a solid, boring pro. FWIW, I thought the same thing about Bobby Wagner.

OP
OP
ErikG803

ErikG803

Reaction score
Always appreciate getting your input, kearly. Felt that was probably the case when a guy with that size isn't getting really any hype at all. Hopefully he slips to a spot where he really makes a lot of sense value-wise, I'd sleep a lot easier knowing we have a huge safety on the sidelines that might be able to do what Kam does should something happen.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have no idea how TJ will do in the NFL. I will say that I feel he'd probably best be served playing a role similar to Kam's. He's more of an old school, in the box type of player. Interestingly, Rob Rang actually compared him to Kam:

"Compares To: Kam Chancellor, SS, Seattle Seahawks -- While not quite as imposing as the 6-3, 232-pound Chancellor, McDonald's size and physicality is sure to intrigue teams looking for an enforcer against the running game and one athletic enough to handle the bigger hybrid receivers now running down the seam as tight ends in the NFL. Like Chancellor, a former free safety at Virginia Tech, McDonald's best fit in the NFL would be as an 'in the box' type rather than playing over the top."
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664157

polarbill1999

Reaction score
Perfect WILL in pete's system. Would love to pick him in the 5thfirst if we can.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
lukerguy":3s487800 said:
polarbill1999":3s487800 said:
Perfect WILL in pete's system. Would love to pick him in the 5thfirst if we can.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=66286

Maybe if me and you keep saying it the coaches will listen? Well, maybe not but this is the kind of thing they would do. Especially right after we extend Kam. PC and JS will have everybody saying "what a bunch of idiots drafting a SS with the same skill set as Kam who they just resigned long term". Little will they know PC and JS have a plan all along to bulk TJ up slightly and move him to WLB. Then after next season the idiots like Kiper will be scratching there heads when TJ has 100+ tackles, 4 sacks, 2 FF, 2 picks and a TD from the WLB position.