Seattle asks another player is he will switch positions

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13

• Sounds like he would have a great trainer if he makes the switch.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• He wasn't much of a WR at USC or at SDSU judging by the stats. Sherman could take him under his wing.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• Brice is a guy I thought would end up a star at WR for USC. He showed great flashes of talent at times but apparently just couldn't do so consistently.

If Pete thinks he'd be a good corner, Brice should listen. Pete told Sherman back in high school that he could be the perfect lockdown corner, and look how that's turned out.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Well, this would mark the third straight year we've asked a guy we've drafted to switch sides of the ball. Honestly our track record in those instances is better than our first round picks.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Pete knows defense, and this staff knows what they are doing with position switches. I love how they don't care about status quo and how basically positions next to names are meaningless to this staff. They will see you for what you can be in the system, and it's worked out so well so far.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Dang it. Our draft info rarely ever gets out, that's how we find these gems. Somewhere Gus Bradley now says 'hmmm'.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• I'd love it if we got him, switched him to CB, and he tore it up. It'd be great ammo to lord it over the 49ers fans with.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• It's crazy to think we can take a college WR and convert him into a good CB!

Oh wait...
    @SeahawkGreg

GIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Who was it that said a while back that we should look at tall wrs that weren't great at their position and try switching them to corner?

Hmmmmm...
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Exciting to hear.. Seems like we have a high success rate when converting players.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

• Another day, another great draft blog idea from Scott.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Scottemojo wrote:Brice Butler, WR, San Diego. Ran a 4.36 and a 6.6 in the 3 cone, Seattle reportedly asked him if he will switch to corner. 6'3", 206.

Originally was at USC, with Pete.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/mar/19/brice-butler-sdsu-pro-day-katz-escobar-mcfadden/

With that size and speed it would be nice to see if he could be coached up to be like J.R. Sweezy potential wise for the future. I hope he was a physical reciever becuase in this scheme it seems the corners need to be physical. But i think it would be worth a pick the potential is their on paper.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:Well, this would mark the third straight year we've asked a guy we've drafted to switch sides of the ball. Honestly our track record in those instances is better than our first round picks.

Sweezy last year, who was the year before? Am I having a brain fart?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Probably referring to Sherman, but he changed positions before Pete got a hold of him.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

• That's what I figured, but I would only count him if he was playing WR for the Hawks.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:
    Attyla the Hawk wrote:Well, this would mark the third straight year we've asked a guy we've drafted to switch sides of the ball. Honestly our track record in those instances is better than our first round picks.

Sweezy last year, who was the year before? Am I having a brain fart?

Konz
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• I went to the SDSU pro-day it was pretty fun to watch. I don't know if I was welcome there (I'm a student and it could have been closed for scouts and journalists only). I was able to get a quick picture of the prospects.
    Attachments
    photo.JPG
    photo.JPG (239.83 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

• Well most CB's wanted to play receiver but didn't have the ball skills a lot of times, a guy that has adequete ball skills that player receiver being told he would excell at CB tells me pete sees some fluidity in him and if he is a certain body type and solid upper body ala Browner he could be a guy that fits a Sherman or Browner mold. Those guys are seemingly rare finds since we still have the two biggest. A guy big with 4.36 speed would be a monster to get a pass in on.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I've wondered about this for some time, most gifted players do not live in one position from junior high to the NFL but are moved to where a team needs them in college, so it makes sense that they could do the same switch at the pro level. Most teams seem infatuated with a finished polished product that starts right away to save coaches butts but in a case like Seattle, a player has to be really darn good to unseat a starter. We can afford to take a guy and develop him behind a front line starter.

I also think that is why Pete really digs former QB's, usually the best athlete's in a lower college system are the QB's. That's why I was hoping we ended up with Dennard Robinson as a gadget player at HB/Slot WR/ with passing skills and top line speed.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information