Has anyone talked about Abry Jones?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Could'nt find much just seen he was way down the rankings on NFL.com and figured he could be a late round selection for the hawks. He's 6'3 (good leverage size)313LBS with 35" inch arms kind of like Scruggs with 30+ extra pounds. He's also got good strength coming out of the gate putting up 30 reps on the bench press the scouting report said he played DE(3-4) and the 3 tech position so he could play in Red and Mebane's spot. I think he could add good competition for a spot on our rotation, if he has a good work ethic i think Pete n Quinn will be able to mold him into a beast of a player(possible Branch replacement?).

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
He's an intriguing option.

One really has to look closely at 2011 tape to get any footage on him. Statistically, he's pretty mediocre. But it's easy to account for that modest production. Georgia rotated guys in liberally, but tended to pair Jenkins/Geathers at the DT spots, while featuring/protecting their LBs. Jones abilities were not featured to any great extent. He played in a lot of games, but got hurt early in 2012.

He's shown good versatility. I could see him as a late round option. He's not an unknown guy and should get drafted.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
Attyla is pretty much spot on, his major advantage is that he can play pretty much any spot on the DL and I actually believe he could be a possible Red replacement if drafted. Prior to his injury he was likely lurking around the 3rd-4th round but can probably be picked up in the 5th-6th now. Worth a late round pick for sure though as he doesn't need to start so could be IR'd a season to heal up and learn the pro game

kearly

Reaction score
I've mentioned him a few times. When I watched Georgia's defense #93 kept making his presence felt.