My new favorite sleeper

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have pushed AJ Klein on here, love that guy late in the draft.

But I have a new crush.

Jayson Dimanche. Southern Illinois Salukis. 6'1.25" 235. No other stats for him. Great athlete on video though.

He made his own workout video, and the dude is a striaght up baller on the field as a 34 OLB or 4-3 WLB.

[youtube]8UOon6GISAI[/youtube]
[youtube]iM-lM0fo7co[/youtube]

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Largent80":h787ydht said:
He fights off blocks pretty well, and appears to have a decent set of wheels.

The fighting off blocks was my 2nd favorite part. The other was his option killer plays. He attacked the option like few I have ever seen.

billio155

Reaction score
Dang!!!!!!!!!!! That guy can play. Good hands, and a clear nose for the ball...seemed like he knew where the play was going before it happened. Nice find.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I like the kid as well... especially since he's from my Alma mater.

SIU-Carbondale, BS Mechanical Engineering 1980, AS Civil Engineering Technology 1974.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
You'd expect that with the name Dimanche he'll be playing his best football in the pros.

kearly

Reaction score
Explosive. Reminds me of Jarvis Jones a little.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Wow, check out the play he made at 5:30. Quickly diagnosed a screen pass, flew past a would-be lead blocker and flat out laid the wood down on the tailback.

:shock:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Interesting that this guy gets brought up. I was just looking at video of him over the weekend after perusing draftcountdown.com and seeing this guy rated above some other names I'm more familiar with. The Hawks have drafted from So. Illinois before... Terry Taylor in round 1 of the 1984 draft.

I like the said LB prospect and agree with the OP. No highjack of this thread intended... but, perhaps in the spirit of talking about sleeper LB prospects, anyone know anything about Ty Powell? Very little info or footage on him, but he's rated fairly high. Apparently he's spent time as a DB, DL and LB. He's listed as an OLB. He was a combine participant.