The 7 Round "Hey Everyone! Look at me!" Mock Draft 1.0

SuperHawks

Reaction score
2.56 Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee - Still need to add another tall WR. Hunter has as much upside as any WR in the class. Boom or Bust potential is high here.

3.87 Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut - Meet our new WLB. More than just a fantastic athlete, he's a football player too who will fit in nicely with our LB crew.

4.120 Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinatti - Kelce allows us to push McCoy back to TE3 where he belongs. A more well rounded TE that could potentially be a replacement for Miller down the road if we need to cut costs.

5.131 Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State - Leon's replacement. Backup PR/KR for Percy and another dynamic player to roll out on 3rd downs.

5.151 Kwame Geathers, DT, Georgia - The Big Bodied, Run Stuffing DT we're looking for.

6.184 Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa - Nice size/speed combo for this late in the draft.

7.198 Manase Foketi, OG/OT, West Texas A&M - Versatile and can be plugged in at G or OT.

7.204 Colby Cameron, QB, Louisiana Tech - I figure we'll pick a QB at some point and I like what Cameron brings to the table. If we're not trading Flynn we have the luxury of being able to grab an athletic developmental prospect.

Two additional comp picks likely but not guaranteed so I'm not going to use them at this point.

kearly

Reaction score
Man, I know the WAC has always been a joke but it's just sad now. Louisiana Tech. Seattle U. Denver U. Denver!!! My brother went to school there. The division II school I played for was close to the same size as DU. I don't even remember seeing a football stadium when I visited there. Apparently Louisiana Tech is leaving the WAC for the greener pastures of Conference USA next season.

Remember Cameron Jordan / Jordan Cameron from the 2011 draft? One was a badass DT/DL that went one pick ahead of us and the other was a mid round TE. The TE (Jordan Cameron) is Colby Cameron's brother. Fun fact.

kearly

Reaction score
Regarding Cameron, I think he's in play because he played in a read option offense and because he had a decent (4.78) forty time in a very slow draft class for QBs. That said, I wouldn't spend a pick on him. Very low level of competition, side arm release (and at 6'2", that matters more), ugly footwork, big windup, he's a really lanky 212 pounds- I doubt he played at 212. In terms of his mobility I think it's basically average.

If Tyler Wilson sinks, that's the QB I want (assuming Matt Scott isn't around). Sure, he's got issues. But he's a natural point guard QB and is a lot more mobile than his 4.95 forty would indicate. I think Cameron is another Ryan Lindley. I think Tyler Wilson is a lot like a poor man's Jay Cutler.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kearly":ilpin4rr said:
Man, I know the WAC has always been a joke but it's just sad now. Louisiana Tech. Seattle U. Denver U. Denver!!! My brother went to school there. The division II school I played for was close to the same size as DU. I don't even remember seeing a football stadium when I visited there. Apparently Louisiana Tech is leaving the WAC for the greener pastures of Conference USA next season.

Remember Cameron Jordan / Jordan Cameron from the 2011 draft? One was a badass DT/DL that went one pick ahead of us and the other was a mid round TE. The TE (Jordan Cameron) is Colby Cameron's brother. Fun fact.
The TE one also is the brother of Brynn, mother of young Cole Leinart.

Jordan was a hoops guy who ended up transferring to USC and switching to FB. He was a WR who was pretty much sitting on the bench until his senior year when he switched to TE. He was still kind of raw but he's got a ton of potential and showed signs of coming on for Cleveland last year.

BamKam

Reaction score
Love the Justin Hunter pick. I think he would be able to replace Rice and help our cap space for when we have to start shelling out the big money for our young defensive studs.

Latest posts