Want to see some mini Beast mode?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Watch this kid run.

Racean Thomas, 4/5 star (depending on what service you look at) RB from Alabama. Is likely going to either Auburn or Alabama but has said that Oregon is the only school he'll consider out west.

Fun to watch this kid run. Doesnt look like he has elite top speed but his lateral movement and power are off the charts.

As a side note... love the music in his highlights, so much better then the usual crap they choose.

[youtube]QfQCwK2_EYU[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
Not that anyone's opinion on music is ever wrong, but man I find music bigots to be annoying. One of most consistently annoying vocal minorities on the internet, IMO. Not that they are "wrong;" everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I still find bitching about pop/rap to be supremely annoying. One of these days I'll make a Seahawks highlight vid with an 80s love song or Justin Bieber and see how that goes over, lol. :lol:

I wouldn't say he's beast mode, more like bar of soap mode. He has a lot of talent for making defenders look like the keystone cops. Funny that he's from Alabama- he really fits the Nick Saban profile.

And I'm guessing the only reason we are even watching this is because he was mentioned in the same breath as the Ducks? ;) Probably posted at a Ducks forum somewhere and JSeahawks saw it.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":3qh325n6 said:
Not that anyone's opinion on music is ever wrong, but man I find music bigots to be annoying. One of most consistently annoying vocal minorities on the internet, IMO. Not that they are "wrong;" everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I still find bitching about pop/rap to be supremely annoying. One of these days I'll make a Seahawks highlight vid with an 80s love song or Justin Bieber and see how that goes over, lol. :lol:

I wouldn't say he's beast mode, more like bar of soap mode. He has a lot of talent for making defenders look like the keystone cops. Funny that he's from Alabama- he really fits the Nick Saban profile.

And I'm guessing the only reason we are even watching this is because he was mentioned in the same breath as the Ducks? ;)

Well, yes, because it was linked on my Ducks site which is where I found it. But i'd say there's a 0.02% chance he becomes a Duck, so that's not why I posted it. I just thought he was a fun kid to watch run and thought people would enjoy it.

As for being a music bigot, ouch. Thats a bit harsh don't you think, calling somebody a bigot? Especially when you dont even know their tastes. I love rap. I have more Tupac in my i-tunes than any other artist not named Metallica. I just don't think most of that music adds to highlight videos, any more then Bieber or Air Supply or Metallica would. Give me a good drum beat or music such as the old NFL Primetime stuff and i'm good. Or... best of all, play by play, or crowd reaction and no music at all.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just so I dont offend with my Ducks homerism, my all time favorite high school RB highlight tape comes from Husky redshirt freshman Ryan McDaniel. He didnt have a top rating but he looks amazingly beastly on tape (i know he suffered a pretty bad knee injury in high school... does anybody know how he looked last year in his redshirt year?)

[youtube]M2dH7vPU7k0[/youtube]

Guardian

Reaction score
He has very impressive balance, and never stops churning those legs. My two favorite attributes to look for in RBs.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":by1xwssm said:
As for being a music bigot, ouch. Thats a bit harsh don't you think, calling somebody a bigot? Especially when you dont even know their tastes. I love rap. I have more Tupac in my i-tunes than any other artist not named Metallica. I just don't think most of that music adds to highlight videos, any more then Bieber or Air Supply or Metallica would. Give me a good drum beat or music such as the old NFL Primetime stuff and i'm good. Or... best of all, play by play, or crowd reaction and no music at all.

If you were who I thought you were, then no, it's not too harsh. But it seems you can actually appreciate multiple forms of music with an open mind. So I was mistaken. I just hate people that are close minded about music (often for cultural/bigoted reasons) and reveal it with comments like those. When I say bigot, I mean someone who lacks tolerance for something different. It's usually interpreted as race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, but it can basically be anything that is foreign to someone in some aspect.

That said I really do dislike it when people complain about music in videos. I just find those complaints really annoying. Why say anything? It just annoys others.

I used to cut music videos (not for sports) a long time ago. I think the matching of emotions of the music and the video is what makes them fun. You can't get that without the music element. Of course, some of the more hardcore gansta shit really has no feel to it, so I'm not sure why people use it. But hey, their video their song. There's always a mute button.

Tupac has some true classics. And NFL primetime is the best ever. Every few months I playlist the whole soundtrack.

Now I know why you are so harsh to flippin' awesome highlight videos, since you are essentially a vegan when it comes to the genre.

Guardian

Reaction score
kearly":2zwtq791 said:
JSeahawks":2zwtq791 said:

If you were who I thought you were, then no, it's not too harsh. But it seems you can actually appreciate multiple forms of music with an open mind. So I was mistaken. I just hate people that are close minded about music (often for cultural/bigoted reasons) and reveal it with comments like those. When I say bigot, I mean someone who lacks tolerance for something different. It's usually interpreted as race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, but it can basically be anything that is foreign to someone in some aspect.

That said I really do dislike it when people complain about music in videos. I just find those complaints really annoying. Why say anything? It just annoys others.

I used to cut music videos (not for sports) a long time ago. I think the matching of emotions of the music and the video is what makes them fun. You can't get that without the music element. Of course, some of the more hardcore gansta shit really has no feel to it, so I'm not sure why people use it. But hey, their video their song. There's always a mute button.

Tupac has some true classics. And NFL primetime is the best ever. Every few months I playlist the whole soundtrack.

Now I know why you are so harsh to flippin' awesome highlight videos, since you are essentially a vegan when it comes to the genre.
[youtube]IpCJuW_04F4[/youtube]

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Man, first you call me a bigot, then you take it down even lower and call me a vegan. If you go the next step and call me a Husky we're going to have some fisticuffs up in here.

I'm just a simple man who believes less is more when it comes to highlight tapes. I dont need all the bells and whistles and production values. Just give me highlights.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
J, even though you are a Duck thanks for posting that McDaniel video. As a Husky fan I hope to hell he can come back to 100%. On Dawgman I was one of the only one's hoping he stayed at RB. Everybody wanted him at LB which I can understand why but the kid looks like an absolute beast RB. He has amazing power, vision and agility for a guy his size. I think my favorites are that 2nd run where he just trucks a LB then busts it outside for a TD. The one at 3:25 or so is awesome as well where he just beastmode shoves a DB like 5 yards backwards on his arse. The very first one shows the vision and agility where he takes an initial jump sidestep thing and goes the distance.