Trade up?

ProckHawks

Reaction score
We have 8 draft picks. Theres no way in hell that 8 rookies make the team not counting UDFA's. Do we try to trade up, using some the our 6th and 7th round picks to get into the 5th again? Do we trade away a 5th and 2nd to get back into the backend of the 1st round? Do we trade down in the 2nd and pick up more picks in the 4th and package those picks to get 3 3rd round picks? Is it draft day yet?

Throwdown

Reaction score
why? We've practically just filled glaring need in a matter of 3 days, why not just stay true to the board and get great value for players you feel really good about?

pinksheets

Reaction score
They don't need to, but if a guy falls that they didn't expect, I have no problem with it.

kearly

Reaction score
More picks means more chances for home run draft selections. This draft is one of the deepest ever- even those 7th rounders are looking pretty nice this year. Seattle needs to walk out of this draft with as many future stars as possible. Seattle can't go bananas in every free agency, so adding more low cost talent is key.

warden

Reaction score
We still need to get better at the DT position.

themunn

Reaction score
I want to see us trade up a bit in the 2nd, only because our 1st pick is nearly 60 places back.

Perhaps trading Flynn and a 6th to Buffalo to swap 2nds and 3rds (equivalent to giving up around a 3rd and 4th round pick).

They gain a pick, we gain some cap space and get some higher picks. Whilst losing a low value pick and a backup player

nsport

Reaction score
I would hope that if they have 2-4 guys they love, they trade back and out of the draft to next year - this gives them the power to balance (for the good of the team) where that player gets drafted. More draft picks = more power in this league.

JKent82

Reaction score
ProckHawks":32de7u7u said:
Two 6th and 7th round picks prop don't make the team. I'd love to see us trade up and use 4 or 5 draft picks between the 2nd and 5th round.

This year our 7th round picks played quite a bit. With Pete and John it's more quantity not where they are taken. Some guys might not make it, but it's not guaranteed that just cause you're an earlier round pick you'll be playing over a 7th round pick.

Latest posts