Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

What would you like to see the team address at #56?
3-tech 20%  20%  [ 10 ]
LEO 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Will 42%  42%  [ 21 ]
O-line 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
WR/TE 34%  34%  [ 17 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 50
 Post subject: Re: Sooooo...what now?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:46 am 
* NET Moderator *

kearly wrote:

One player I do think is GUARANTEED to be a Seahawk though- Denard Robinson. I guarantee you he's a Seahawk. He might even be a shocker pick at #56. I would bet you Seattle has a high 2nd grade on him- since his athleticism is 1st round level but he needs coaching up. He could be another Percy Harvin if coached up.

Pre-Harvin I would have definatly agreed with you. I still think its a possibility, and i'd still like the move, but I think he'd be a little redundant. Nothing wrong with redundant when its super athletic touchdown scorers though!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 am 
NET Veteran

I picked WR/TE but WLB is right there too. We are soo set to get the best value from this draft.

TE's that could be considered in the 2nd
Ertz
Escobar
Reed
McDonald
Kelce

Wr's that could be had in the 2nd
Woods
Hopkins
Williams
Hunter
Rodgers
Wheaton
Swope
Patton
Baily
Dobson

LB's that could be 2nd round picks
Ogletree
Green
Brown
Moore
Williams
Collins
Bostic
Porter
Godman
Alanso
Reddick

There is a ton to choose from and If I was a betting man my top 5 guees would be

Zach Ertz
Aurther Brown
Kaseem Green
Jordan Reed
Justin Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

JSeahawks wrote:
kearly wrote:

One player I do think is GUARANTEED to be a Seahawk though- Denard Robinson. I guarantee you he's a Seahawk. He might even be a shocker pick at #56. I would bet you Seattle has a high 2nd grade on him- since his athleticism is 1st round level but he needs coaching up. He could be another Percy Harvin if coached up.

Pre-Harvin I would have definatly agreed with you. I still think its a possibility, and i'd still like the move, but I think he'd be a little redundant. Nothing wrong with redundant when its super athletic touchdown scorers though!

They might lose Tate in free agency next year. Plus they need a 3rd down running back. Robinson is already a really nice option as a Leon Washington type player, and he might be able to grow into being a Golden Tate type receiver. IMO, Robinson makes more sense today than he did pre-Harvin since Washington is gone now and Denard Robinson is more of a RB, IMO.

Nothing about Harvin/Robinson is redundant anyway. You could line up 2 Percy Harvin's and one Jordy Nelson type and have an amazing offense- which btw is exactly what Seattle is trying to implement. And besides that, Robinson would be pretty unlikely to play WR much in 2013. He'd start out at RB and work his way into a WR role after a few years of coaching up. He'd be a RB/KR that would also act as injury/FA insurance for Tate/Harvin.

Personally, I'd wait til the early 5th to get Robinson, but it seems the media is finally starting to figure Robinson out the way I did instantly, that he's a RB who might be a WR later, and that his talent/risk might vault him into the 2nd day of the draft. It might, and if Seattle picked him in round 2 or 3, I'd probably support the pick.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]