Filling the 3Tech pass rush position

GoHawks

Reaction score
Assuming we don't resign Alan Branch,

If PC/JS aren't thrilled with the available FA 3-Tech DT's, and don't think they can get an immediate contributor with pick-56 in the draft -

Do you think it's possible they try to negotiate a player trade - swap player/pick(s) to acquire a 3-Tech DT they covet from another team?

Teams changing from 4-3 to 3-4 may have a player we covet that doesn't fit with that teams defensive changes?

Any thoughts on players they'd pursue under these circumstances?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Yes I think it is very possible, I'd prefer we don't give up anything more than a 5th for said player.

I believe Cleveland is transitions, New Orleans is, and I think one more team is too. Off hand I don't know which players could be on the block but this seems like a move our mgmt would make

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
What about Anthony Hargrove i hav'nt heard anything about him since the bounty scandel seems he did alright and would hold his own ?

OP
OP
G

GoHawks

Reaction score
The Browns are changing from 4-3 to 3-4 and a few players I saw mentioned on Rob's site were Phil Taylor - DT and Jabal Sheard - DE

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Oh man, Phil Taylor would be sweet and Sheard, I don't think they would just cut either and I don't know how much draft compensation they would accept and if that would even be worth the value. As long as we're just rosterbaiting though, damn that would be sick.

cover-2

Reaction score
The one guy I think could bring some pass rush from the 3-tech is Free Agent (DE) Michael Bennett. He is considered one of better free agent DE this year, but if he is unable to get the big contract he is looking for maybe would could get him on the cheap for a year or two. Bennett is a former Seahawks and he showed flashes as a pass rusher in the preseason from DE and DT when he was with us, unfortunately the Russkell regime put him on the practice squad and the Bucs snatched him up. Bennett has enough size at 6-4 274 lbs to be a situational rusher at the 3-tech and he would give us another legit DE this year.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
cover-2":246ekbkn said:
The one guy I think could bring some pass rush from the 3-tech is Free Agent (DE) Michael Bennett. He is considered one of better free agent DE this year, but if he is unable to get the big contract he is looking for maybe would could get him on the cheap for a year or two. Bennett is a former Seahawks and he showed flashes as a pass rusher in the preseason from DE and DT when he was with us, unfortunately the Russkell regime put him on the practice squad and the Bucs snatched him up. Bennett has enough size at 6-4 274 lbs to be a situational rusher at the 3-tech and he would give us another legit DE this year.

Good call, brah

GCrow

Reaction score
cover-2":17mc9on5 said:

Respect

kearly

Reaction score
cover-2":1hzo3be3 said:
The one guy I think could bring some pass rush from the 3-tech is Free Agent (DE) Michael Bennett. He is considered one of better free agent DE this year, but if he is unable to get the big contract he is looking for maybe would could get him on the cheap for a year or two.

Mind blown1

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
cover-2":2dvauqq5 said:
The Amazing Kreskin!
(you gotta be of an age to get that one)
Great call man :bow:

GO ZAGS!!

bbq

Reaction score
cover-2":39vd3ufz said:

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

cover-2

Reaction score
Umm, since I have the hot hand...the Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl!