kearly
English
CHawker (ALF guy)
ivotuk
cover-2
ReconHawk
General Manager
Scottemojo
And any of our other burly draft experts.

What, oh what will you guys do on night one of the draft? I have to imagine there's some sort of depression and a corresponding helpline you can call? It sucked enough having to wait to #25. But now, to #56?

I'm here for you guys if you need guidance or counseling.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what other teams do, it's fun to see "reaches" or other crazy picks.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Its gotta suck having a blog named "seahawksdraftblog" and the Seahawks no longer have a #1. I mean that in a respectful manner, English, its gotta lower hits a bit, right?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
It really just makes it harder to pinpoint who the seahawks will draft. predicitng 2nd and 3rd round players is much much harder than a 1st and most don't get the 1st correct. I think not having a 1st will only make the draftnicks dig deeper and we will find that mabye some of the names we look at for our 2nd might still be around in the 3rd and 4th. It's not typical for a guy we predict in the first to fall all the way to the 2nd but in rounds 2-4 the selections can be very unpredictable.

Just an example but I don't think many had AJ Jenkins or Brian Quick going in the 2nd or earlier last year they were both late risers and likely 3-4th round prospect by most accounts.

It only take one team to fall in love with a guy and come day 2 in this unspectacular but deep draft there will be some very strong variations on teams draft boards. Even the 1st round has some very intriging guys who could be rated from top 10 to the 2nd or 3rd round. Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulie, Alec Ogletree, and Manti Teo are all polarizing guys where they could drop like a rock.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
So far:
1 Chiefs
2 Jaguars
3 Raiders
4 Eagles
5 Lions
6 Browns
7 Cardinals
8 Bills
9 Jets
10 Titans
11 Chargers
12 Dolphins
13 Buccaneers
14 Panthers
15 Saints
16 Rams
17 Steelers
18 Cowboys
19 Giants
20 Bears
21 Bengals
22 Rams (from Redskins)
23 Vikings
24 Colts
25 Seahawks - Percy Harvin
26 Packers
27 Texans
28 Broncos
29 Patriots
30 Falcons
31 49ers
32 Ravens

Let's get fired up about that 2nd rounder. (Thinking another trade down) :)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Thanks for your concern Pe.
Now I just have to hope they trade Richard Sherman so we can get back into the first round.

kearly

Reaction score
While I think we overpaid for Harvin and wouldn't have made that move myself (especially since Denver got Wes Welker for a song), the fact that we don't have the #25 pick is actually very convenient for me as a blogger. There are probably 30 players I could make a case for at #25, and now I won't have to. That's a pretty big burden off my back, and now I can start working on the stuff that makes me look like a genius: nailing mid to late round picks.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hmm I might just have to get smashed and call all my old Army buddies across the states and tell them how horrible their draft pick is for their team. It's not like they can call me back after the 25th pick anymore lol.

In all seriousness, after these last few days of free agency, the draft will be nothing but fun. I feel like we've drafted two first round picks already! Plus, given the limited amount of holes to fill on this roster, I expect a couple of predictable picks in rounds 2-7, but I also think there will be a few cool surprises, too.

Day 2 & 3 of this draft might be the most fun we've seen than any other since Pete and John got here. I can't wait! (<---Insert Tech reply).

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
They will all make mocks pretending the hawks are trading into round one. They will then sit by the TV like its going to happen only to be disappointed.

General Manager

Reaction score
The first round doesn't have the excitement it would have had if we were in it but i'm a football fan and i love the draft so i'll be watching every second of it. What happens to Ogletree whare does Smith and Barkley land ,does Teo fall out of the first round there's still alot of good stuff on day one.

General Manager

Reaction score
kearly":1y9cdamg said:
While I think we overpaid for Harvin and wouldn't have made that move myself (especially since Denver got Wes Welker for a song), the fact that we don't have the #25 pick is actually very convenient for me as a blogger. There are probably 30 players I could make a case for at #25, and now I won't have to. That's a pretty big burden off my back, and now I can start working on the stuff that makes me look like a genius: nailing mid to late round picks.

I just can't follow your logic on Harvin we just landed a premier offensive playmaker his contract is much better than people said it would be , as for the the draft picks Harvin is a proven NFL star vs an unkown 25th pick if you want to worry about a 3rd or 4rth rounder go ahead i have bigger fish to fry.

ivotuk

Reaction score
You know, this is actually a good thing. I was worried they might draft a player at 25 that might not be that good, and now I don't have to worry anymore because they "drafted" a Pro Bowl wide receiver/Running back/kick returner. Now it's time for them to do what they do best, find the mid to late round gems, like Joe Vellano :D I still can't get over his highlights, guy is all over the place. He was very disruptive at the Shrine game too.

I hope that they shoot for the moon on very athletic players because we are at the point where we can do that. In the meantime, I'll sit back and laugh at all the missteps that other teams make in the first round. By the way, when will Mel Kiper ever learn that the 1st round has changed with the rookie wage scale? He and Todd McShay were talking about the draft 6 thru 10 and he said that range was too high for a guard like Cooper? It doesn't matter if his "value" is at 15, if you're at 6 thru 10 and you need a guard to open holes for your running back that weren't there last year, you take him. Otherwise he spends another year get beat up and going nowhere and that's a year of paying your RB where he wasn't successful. There's a relation to how much value you place on a player when it comes to the players on each side of him and the one that follows him because it effects them too. I still believe Walter Jones would have played a year or two longer if Hutch had stayed because after Steve left, the load of the whole left side fell to Walter. The DL just focused on him and basically ignored the anonymous LG.

Latest posts