Gonna throw this name out there

Throwdown

Reaction score
And you guys tell me about him.

Bennie Logan

[youtube]gpLIcE5cqtY[/youtube]
[youtube]zcgwiqI3eoE[/youtube]

He has a knack for knocking balls down it seems.

kearly

Reaction score
Short answer: I'd only draft him in the 5th round or later and even then only if we had addressed our "Jason Jones" DT prior to selecting him.

Derek Stephens likes him a lot, compares him to Henry Melton. Until I see Logan run a 4.65 like Melton did, I can't agree with that comparison- although I do think Logan looks "quick" for his size. I suspect he'd run a 5.1 in the forty but would have a much better 10 yard split. I think it's a bit damning that Logan passed on the agility tests and 40 at the combine, and he didn't impress in the drills either. Obviously, he knows that his athleticism will only hurt him, and he wants GMs to draft him off of his tape instead of his athleticism.

Everything about Logan's size, athleticism, production, and game tape suggests he'll be "just a guy" at the next level. He is a solid, well-rounded football player, but doesn't flash star potential. I see him as a poor man's Allen Branch. If we drafted him to replace Allen Branch, then okay. But if we are drafting him to replace Jason Jones, it's a mistake.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think it's bizarre that people like Walterfootball have hinted the Seahawks draft him in the 1st. I have very little experience judging draft picks, but I don't want the guy at any time, anywhere, except on one of the other 3 NFCW teams where he can waste a roster spot.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
For starters, he's young and a bit raw. LSU used a lot of defensive line rotations, so he's limited in his technique and experience, but supposedly has an incredible work ethic and is considered stellar teammate and leader, plus plays with a a high motor.

I don't think he's anywhere close to hitting his max potential, yet, and flashes the ability to disrupt like other first round defensive tackles in this draft, yet can be driven out of plays too often. He played at 295 pounds last year, but it was obvious he can handle more weight on his frame, and proved that weighing in at 309 at the combine. He can probably keep adding to the total, as well.

IMO, he's got a bright future as an every down, do it all type defensive tackle if he's allowed to grow into the role, but I'm not sure he's ready to step in as a 2-down run-stuffer Day 1.

Draft stock-wise, I think late 3rd is his floor where he can play as a situational pass-rusher, but some teams may want to play him early and ride out his growing pains, so maybe drafting him late 2nd, early 3rd.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I don't know why, but he just reminds me of a bigger Chartric Darby. I see a guy that looks like he could be a solid part of a DT rotation at the next level but nothing special. I don't get the Melton comparison but maybe he sees something that I don't. To me, I wouldn't draft a guy like Logan because I'm pretty sure I could find someone on the UDFA market that's at least just as good now or has more potential down the road.

Red Beard

Reaction score
I think Terron Armstead might fair better making a conversion to DT more than Logan showed last year.