situation at nickel corner

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I think that a nickel corner will be added through the draft to come in and compete for the starting job now that trufant most likely wont be back for another season. i think we do have a few capable players that could step in and play ( thurmond n Lane) but i see those guys as more outside backup for the big dogs. The type of corner the seahawks should target are smaller (5'10-11) backs with quickness and coordination to hang with the wes welkers of the world and the toughness to play bump n run and sell out against the run when needed we do play in the NFC west. Below are a few mid round prospects that could fill the position and i'am basing this on the scouting reports provided by NFL.com so i've never watched any tape or anything like that.

Will Davis Utah State, 5'11 186
light quick footed athlete with fluid hips and physical but not overly grabby.

Johnny Adams, michigan St, 5'10 185
long arms for frame, good footwork to stick with hesitation moves+ head fakes, zone awareness, secure tackler,undercuts short routes to break up passes,played slot in college,regular blitzer,invites contact and solid run tackler.

Corey Broomfield, Mississippi st., 5'10 185
versatile CB, good foot quickness, plays the edge hard against the run, secure tackler, reads the qb, good ball skills when healthy 9 ints 09-10, takes on blocks with aggression,

Demontre Hurst, Oklahoma, 5'10 183
willing to support the run, fast feet n fluid athlete, has Zone awareness and quick hands to knock the ball out.

now these are just a few i figured would be around in the later rounds that could have the speed, quickness, and instincts to be solid additions to our defense in nickel situations.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
Don't we have a ton of young corners on the roster? Can none of them play the nickel slot?

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we do have some young guys poised to step up, but I won't be surprised if we draft a couple more DBs. Pete loves having a deep secondary.

Besides, in a year or two, we'll be facing some second contracts for key players. We'll want developmental guys in place before we start negotiating with ET and Kam.

chris98251

Reaction score
Young LONG corners that are speed guys and physical not compact and quicker with some toughness and sure tackleing inside the box is what we have now. Different skill set then our edge guys, you can't give room inside or you see what happened last year a lot.

Think of a shooting gaurd versus a point gaurd.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I was pretty impressed with Lane. He could be our nickel. I'd say Walter but his injury history makes me reluctant to pencil him in for a lot of reps until proven healthy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bring back Josh Wilson. The man is fast, ran in the 4.3s and is quick. His combine numbers in 2007 were good and he doesn't have many miles on him.