Who would you trade up for?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I know Pete and John are more likely to trade down then trade up, but I believe the depth on our roster is to the point where we can afford to lose a few picks rather then try to accumulate more. Obviously they wouldnt do this for just anybody but if they see somebody they really like, and can move into position somewhat responsibly, I think its possible.

For the sake of the argument, its got to be someone who might be available in the late teens, i definatly dont see them doing so drastic to jump into the top 10 or anything like that.

A few guys I would jump up for if they slip into the late teens range:

Tavon Austin
Sheldon Richardson
Sharrif Floyd

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
i would'nt question anyone on your list but also would'nt qustion a trade up for Star (utah DT) or UNC guard Cooper both seem like they would be perfect fits for what the seahawks wanna do and would make either line one of the best in the league.

kearly

Reaction score
Jarvis Jones. I wouldn't trade up though. A Julio Jones type deal would feel like an RG3 trade considering how stacked the first 4-5 rounds are this year. I wouldn't even want to deal a 3rd rounder to move up a few spots. I think worst case, we are taking Kawann Short or Sly Williams at #25, and I am at peace with those selections.

I read that Datone Jones started training with an MMA trainer before the Senior Bowl. It showed. I've really reversed on him. I have him a hair ahead of Richardson right now. Great senior stats, great finish to season, fast DTs tend to do very well in the NFL, great interview and work ethic, still improving. Dominated Senior Bowl. I don't think there is a Geno Atkins this year, but Jones' profile comes the closest.

Seattle will sprint to the podium if he's there at #25.

There are probably 10 picks at #25 I'd be pretty happy with. I would probably laugh if Seattle took Corey Lemonier there. I'd laugh, but I'd understand why they did it just like Irvin last year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I'm with English. Besides, Richardson seems to have some Sherman swagger to him, like he will always be pissed he didn't go first in the draft.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Only for Richardson and then only up to just ahead of Carolina.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Now that we traded for Percy Harvin i think they should trade up into the first part of the second round and get the DE Carradine from florida state. then try and get the best will available to get our D ready to make a run to the superbowl.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Now it's the 2nd round. I'd trade up for Margus Hunt or Corey Lemonier if it looked like someone was going to take them ahead of me. Margus Hunt is swinging for the fences and I probably wouldn't have considered it until I rewatched the DL combine yesterday and heard Mayock say "he has good bend." If he can bend around the corner with that kind of length, strength and speed, he will be a monster on the DL. And considering that some of our games came down to a field goal, Margus is a must. Put him out there with Red Bryant and Legatron won't be hitting anymore 50+ field goals on us.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
ivotuk":x1etjuj1 said:
Put him out there with Red Bryant and Legatron won't be hitting anymore 50+ field goals on us.

If I remember right it was Fisher and the fake field goal that burned us, not Legatron.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lady Talon":3tjir7jd said:
ivotuk":3tjir7jd said:
Put him out there with Red Bryant and Legatron won't be hitting anymore 50+ field goals on us.

If I remember right it was Fisher and the fake field goal that burned us, not Legatron.

That didn't help, but it was in the 2nd quarter. We lost by 6 points, a 58 yarder and a 60 yarder in the 2nd half. Margus Hunt would have blocked both of them. :p

Lady Talon

Reaction score
ivotuk":1z52c10e said:
Lady Talon":1z52c10e said:
ivotuk":1z52c10e said:

That didn't help, but it was in the 2nd quarter. We lost by 6 points, a 58 yarder and a 60 yarder in the 2nd half. Margus Hunt would have blocked both of them. :p

Yeah it was heart breaking on our last drive though. Who was it that slipped and gave the Rams a pick off Wilson? Morrah? Had that not happened, we all know Wilson would have drove us right down the field and at least gave us a shot. lol

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lady Talon":v2l9ad4l said:

Yeah it was heart breaking on our last drive though. Who was it that slipped and gave the Rams a pick off Wilson? Morrah? Had that not happened, we all know Wilson would have drove us right down the field and at least gave us a shot. lol

THat was a hell of a game and just goes to show what a great coach Jeff Fisher is. He managed that game like a baseball manager would. I don't think Pete will ever get caught like that again on the fake field goal. He said he saw it but couldn't get to the referee, but that's still on him, he should have been close by a ref because Fisher has pulled that trick before.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Margus Hunt is a great athlete and not a very good football player. I wouldnt take him any sooner then 4th round, and probably would not even sniff in his direction then.

ivotuk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":394ysqyq said:
Margus Hunt is a great athlete and not a very good football player. I wouldnt take him any sooner then 4th round, and probably would not even sniff in his direction then.

Appreciate your opinion but I think the guy will be a monster in the NFL with some coaching. Mayock said he "has a natural bend." and his athleticism is off the charts. He's definitely moved up in the draft since the combine with some people having him going in the 2nd round. I think Pete and Quinn could turn this guy in to an All Pro. For example, CBS lists him at 64 overall and Walterfootball lists him at 56. But then again, there are others that have him as a 4th/5th round prospect. I'd love to have him though :th2thumbs:

aawolf

Reaction score
Richardson ain't going to get past the Panthers at 19. We'd have to trade up quite a bit to get there.

Latest posts