Armonty-esque Dominance.. Small school LB.. Jordan Campbell

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
USC connection.. Recruited by Pete and Ken Norton Jr.

Crazy strength, it appears.

[youtube]yL4R8tKbaZY[/youtube]
[youtube]5DgDePoVAjk[/youtube]

...I'm liking him...

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seems like a unanimous UDFA as of right now. Seems to be a high character, high work-ethic individual. No off-field issues as far as I can tell. Led the nation with tackles for loss with 28.5 and also holds the RMAC record for longest punt with a punt of 89 (!!!) yards. Played some RB as well.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I doubt that guy did 225, 39x .... camera tricks. Go back and watch the combine..... that would have been the most of anyone there. He also did all that lifting without a spot?...... smoke and mirrors.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
New Mexico Highlands LB Jordan Campbell took part in the New Mexico Pro Day Friday, March 8, and put up 35 repetitions on the bench press, a 4.58-second 40-yard dash, a 36 1/2-inch vertical, a 9-foot-7 broad jump, an 11.8 60-yard shuttle and a 4.2-second L-cone drill.

NFL | Jordan Campbell takes part in Pro Day http://ewallstreeter.com/nfl-jordan-cam ... day-3791/##ixzz2NAnBDVh1

FWIW, his pro day number is only 4 reps off of that video.. he was not at the combine.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
Damn, if that bench video is legit(I have no reason to think it isnt) he didn't bounce the bar off his chest at all. Even towards the end. He looked in complete control and comfortable the entire time.

kearly

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Pete brought him in as a UDFA, but I'm not expecting much.

First, he has almost zero experience at the college level. He played in one game for USC, zero games for Louisville, and then played 1 year for a division II school that went 1-10 the year before he transferred there. Out of Las Vegas, New Mexico. He claims to have lost his job at USC from injury, but couldn't beat out Mike Morgan or Malcolm Smith. He was also removed from the team by Kiffin for violating a "zero tolerance" policy of his. I know Kiffin is a douche and a bad coach, but that has to be a red flag.

Campbell transferred to Louisville, which I would consider a smallish school. Louisville was in conference USA before moving to the extremely weak Big East in 2005. Basically, they are a team I would expect UW to crush, and that says something. Campbell couldn't break into the lineup there, although there are excuses. Some say that USC sanctions played a part, but I think the story about his not being academically eligible passes the smell test better. Whichever reason it was, that excuse wouldn't have applied in 2012 but Campbell transferred anyway- to a division II school. That tells me that he had little confidence he'd even start in Louisville's LB corps in 2012.

As far as his tape, he looks dominant but remember that he's just 5'10". That's really short for a linebacker, and unlike QB there really isn't such a thing as short linebacker skills. You want your linebackers to be between 5'11" and 6'4". He's worth a look, but not worth a draft pick, IMO.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kearly":1u0opoe9 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Pete brought him in as a UDFA, but I'm not expecting much.

First, he has almost zero experience at the college level. He played in one game for USC, zero games for Louisville, and then played 1 year for a division II school that went 1-10 the year before he transferred there. Out of Las Vegas, New Mexico. He claims to have lost his job at USC from injury, but couldn't beat out Mike Morgan or Malcolm Smith. He was also removed from the team by Kiffin for violating a "zero tolerance" policy of his. I know Kiffin is a douche and a bad coach, but that has to be a red flag.

Campbell transferred to Louisville, which I would consider a smallish school. Louisville was in conference USA before moving to the extremely weak Big East in 2005. Basically, they are a team I would expect UW to crush, and that says something. Campbell couldn't break into the lineup there, although there are excuses. Some say that USC sanctions played a part, but I think the story about his not being academically eligible passes the smell test better. Whichever reason it was, that excuse wouldn't have applied in 2012 but Campbell transferred anyway- to a division II school. That tells me that he had little confidence he'd even start in Louisville's LB corps in 2012.

As far as his tape, he looks dominant but remember that he's just 5'10". That's really short for a linebacker, and unlike QB there really isn't such a thing as short linebacker skills. You want your linebackers to be between 5'11" and 6'4". He's worth a look, but not worth a draft pick, IMO.
He reportedly had issues getting into fights a couple of times, and that's what led to him "transferring" out of USC. He also was involved with that wannabe student agent, Teague Eagan, who was part of the whole golf cart incident with Dillon Baxter.

Having said that, Jordan apparently comes from a good family and has said he knows he screwed up. Rumor has it that Pete was the one who steered him to New Mexico Highlands so he could get another chance to play college football and finish his degree.

Jordan has played LB and also punted, so I could see him getting a shot as a utility guy and ST player.

Latest posts