Starting to think

zayden185

Reaction score
The more I think of it...

With our penchant for unique picks...

If Margus Hunt is there, he's a hawk

Imagine him inside on passing downs...he would be impossible to throw over even I he dosnt get to qb...shut down interior lanes for about 6-10 feet. He would close off the middle, making the QB go tonthe other side...into speed rush. As well as he and Bryant on special teams inside blockin kicks. He's raw but a football player and that's what we draft.

Matchup nightmare

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'm so confident we won't pick Hunt at #25, if we do...I'll stop posting here. Not that anybody would care, but I have to offer something up for a bet lol.

When you are on the cusp of a Super Bowl, you don't spend your first round pick on absolute long shot/non-football players/projects. No, no, no...

Not going to happen.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'd be violently ill, and I've never had that reaction before.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
In my opinion, I don't want the Seahawks to have to wait to for talent to mature.

WE NEED THAT SUPERBOWL, BABY!! :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Z

zayden185

Reaction score
Who though JJ Watt was dat dude? Bigger faster and jumps higher...bigger wingspan? Scheme diverse at 25? All you could hope for at that pick

Was just saying...that with our outside the box drafting...it's possible. DT or De and by the looks of it could cover TE in trail position. Would Tony G have fought that last pass if he had a 6'8 mammoth trailing him.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
to me it looked like he did'nt have bend and played to upright especially at the senior bowl. u can be strong and fast but if your gettin stood up at the line everytime it does'nt matter we need d lineman that play with good pad level and get push.

McGruff

Reaction score
Someone earlier posted a picture of Robert Swift as a joke TE candidate.

Imagine Robert Swift playing DE.

That's Margus Hunt.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
zayden185":zh8ds44n said:
Who though JJ Watt was dat dude? Bigger faster and jumps higher...bigger wingspan? Scheme diverse at 25? All you could hope for at that pick

Was just saying...that with our outside the box drafting...it's possible. DT or De and by the looks of it could cover TE in trail position. Would Tony G have fought that last pass if he had a 6'8 mammoth trailing him.
Watt had a football history unlike Hunt. You don't just jump into the league and dominate. There's a lot more to the game than size and speed otherwise a lot of insane athletes would be able to just cut it in the league.

kearly

Reaction score
I'd consider it a big swing and a miss in a draft that is very tough to miss on in the first 50 picks.

Honestly, if we did draft Hunt I'd hope it was to play offensive tackle. I bet Cable could turn him into a good player by the end of the 2013 season.

OP
OP
Z

zayden185

Reaction score
-The Glove-":y3uthdx4 said:
zayden185":y3uthdx4 said:

Watt had a football history unlike Hunt. You don't just jump into the league and dominate. There's a lot more to the game than size and speed otherwise a lot of insane athletes would be able to just cut it in the league.

How long did Jason Pierre Paul play in college again?

Watt had history.....But you saw that he would be Defensive player of year?
I think not

-The Glove-

Reaction score
zayden185":n96c35yg said:
-The Glove-":n96c35yg said:
zayden185":n96c35yg said:

How long did Jason Pierre Paul play in college again?

Watt had history.....But you saw that he would be Defensive player of year?
I think not
Obviously not...did you?

JPP actually played quite a bit in college. 3 seasons, 164 tackles, 31 sacks.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised there's not more love for Margus Hunt. Seriously, who doesn't want a giant, athletic Estonian on the squad? Think of all the marketing possibilities! He could be the next Ivan Drago! Nikolai Volkoff! Ludvig Borga!

Okay, so none of them are Estonian. But in all seriousess I'd actually be pretty psyched if the Hawks drafted him. It would mean that they obviously think that Dan Quinn could turn him into a beast. After all, we have one of the best DLine coaches in the league as our new defensive coordinator right? Maybe he and his boy Travis Jones feel confident that they can take Margus' raw talent and turn him into a dominating defensive lineman? I'd love to see it. He's shown flashes of dominance, albeit against questionable competition but at least you see the potential. The dreaded P word.

It'd be a tough choice between Brandon Williams, Kasheem Greene, and Margus Hunt if they are all there in the 2nd round at the Hawks selection. It's possible one of them slides to the 3rd round but I doubt it. I'd hate it if the 49ers landed Hunt as Smith's eventual replacement. Let him learn behind Justin Smith for a little bit, have him wreak havoc on special teams for a while, and then when Smith's done you slot in Hunt and Aldon Smith might have another animal in front of him making his life easier. I'd hate that. So yeah, Viva Estonia!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3h8l0f02 said:
Wouldn't rule it out.

I got roasted alive when I suggested in my mock that Margus Hunt would be a consideration at #56 if he's there. I dunno, to me, Hunt just screams the kind of Pete Carroll/John Schneider pick that they have become infamous for. If he's there, I don't believe they could resist the unique physical toolset that he has.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":vditgbqi said:
theENGLISHseahawk":vditgbqi said:
Wouldn't rule it out.

I got roasted alive when I suggested in my mock that Margus Hunt would be a consideration at #56 if he's there. I dunno, to me, Hunt just screams the kind of Pete Carroll/John Schneider pick that they have become infamous for. If he's there, I don't believe they could resist the unique physical toolset that he has.

I agree. If you trust your coaching staff, you can possibly add one of the most unique and eventually dominating pass rushers in the draft. Earlier in the draft process, Schneider said he was impressed with some of the "unique pass rushers" in this draft. He was probably talking about Dion Jordan, Jarvis Jones, and I'm sure a guy like Margus Hunt is in there somewhere as well. Hunt's also the guy out of those 3 that's most likely to be there in the 2nd round.

If he ends up being the Michael Roos (Estonian) of defense, that'll mean he's a tremendous pick in the 2nd round like Roos was. The difference being, Roos entered the NFL at age 24 and started playing organized football in his senior year of high school while Hunt has only been playing for 3 years and is already 26.

Edit: And the dude plays piano as well! Encore Margus! Brava!

It'd be hilarious to see Red Bryant teaching Margus the ropes of the 5-tech life in the NFL. Red & The Estonian. A rare friendship is born. The men share a love of blocking kicks and become buds for life.

[youtube]zH7xXfE8jsc[/youtube]

polarbill1999

Reaction score
Everybody knows who Hunt is now so I am guessing we won't pick him. Schneider and Carrol only like unique draft picks that no one is expecting them to take.