Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:18 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 am
Posts: 599
The more I think of it...

With our penchant for unique picks...

If Margus Hunt is there, he's a hawk

Imagine him inside on passing downs...he would be impossible to throw over even I he dosnt get to qb...shut down interior lanes for about 6-10 feet. He would close off the middle, making the QB go tonthe other side...into speed rush. As well as he and Bryant on special teams inside blockin kicks. He's raw but a football player and that's what we draft.

Matchup nightmare


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7855
Wouldn't rule it out.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:42 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
I'm so confident we won't pick Hunt at #25, if we do...I'll stop posting here. Not that anybody would care, but I have to offer something up for a bet lol.

When you are on the cusp of a Super Bowl, you don't spend your first round pick on absolute long shot/non-football players/projects. No, no, no...

Not going to happen.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1417
Location: Blaine, WA
I'd be violently ill, and I've never had that reaction before.

_________________
<A>
<IMG></A>


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:57 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:26 am
Posts: 121
In my opinion, I don't want the Seahawks to have to wait to for talent to mature.

WE NEED THAT SUPERBOWL, BABY!! :thirishdrinkers:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:49 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 am
Posts: 599
Who though JJ Watt was dat dude? Bigger faster and jumps higher...bigger wingspan? Scheme diverse at 25? All you could hope for at that pick

Was just saying...that with our outside the box drafting...it's possible. DT or De and by the looks of it could cover TE in trail position. Would Tony G have fought that last pass if he had a 6'8 mammoth trailing him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:57 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 am
Posts: 511
to me it looked like he did'nt have bend and played to upright especially at the senior bowl. u can be strong and fast but if your gettin stood up at the line everytime it does'nt matter we need d lineman that play with good pad level and get push.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:16 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1417
Location: Blaine, WA
Someone earlier posted a picture of Robert Swift as a joke TE candidate.

Imagine Robert Swift playing DE.

That's Margus Hunt.

_________________
<A>
<IMG></A>


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
zayden185 wrote:
Who though JJ Watt was dat dude? Bigger faster and jumps higher...bigger wingspan? Scheme diverse at 25? All you could hope for at that pick

Was just saying...that with our outside the box drafting...it's possible. DT or De and by the looks of it could cover TE in trail position. Would Tony G have fought that last pass if he had a 6'8 mammoth trailing him.

Watt had a football history unlike Hunt. You don't just jump into the league and dominate. There's a lot more to the game than size and speed otherwise a lot of insane athletes would be able to just cut it in the league.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9828
I'd consider it a big swing and a miss in a draft that is very tough to miss on in the first 50 picks.

Honestly, if we did draft Hunt I'd hope it was to play offensive tackle. I bet Cable could turn him into a good player by the end of the 2013 season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:12 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 am
Posts: 599
-The Glove- wrote:
zayden185 wrote:
Who though JJ Watt was dat dude? Bigger faster and jumps higher...bigger wingspan? Scheme diverse at 25? All you could hope for at that pick

Was just saying...that with our outside the box drafting...it's possible. DT or De and by the looks of it could cover TE in trail position. Would Tony G have fought that last pass if he had a 6'8 mammoth trailing him.

Watt had a football history unlike Hunt. You don't just jump into the league and dominate. There's a lot more to the game than size and speed otherwise a lot of insane athletes would be able to just cut it in the league.



How long did Jason Pierre Paul play in college again?

Watt had history.....But you saw that he would be Defensive player of year?
I think not


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
zayden185 wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
zayden185 wrote:
Who though JJ Watt was dat dude? Bigger faster and jumps higher...bigger wingspan? Scheme diverse at 25? All you could hope for at that pick

Was just saying...that with our outside the box drafting...it's possible. DT or De and by the looks of it could cover TE in trail position. Would Tony G have fought that last pass if he had a 6'8 mammoth trailing him.

Watt had a football history unlike Hunt. You don't just jump into the league and dominate. There's a lot more to the game than size and speed otherwise a lot of insane athletes would be able to just cut it in the league.



How long did Jason Pierre Paul play in college again?

Watt had history.....But you saw that he would be Defensive player of year?
I think not

Obviously not...did you?


JPP actually played quite a bit in college. 3 seasons, 164 tackles, 31 sacks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:54 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
I'm actually surprised there's not more love for Margus Hunt. Seriously, who doesn't want a giant, athletic Estonian on the squad? Think of all the marketing possibilities! He could be the next Ivan Drago! Nikolai Volkoff! Ludvig Borga!

Okay, so none of them are Estonian. But in all seriousess I'd actually be pretty psyched if the Hawks drafted him. It would mean that they obviously think that Dan Quinn could turn him into a beast. After all, we have one of the best DLine coaches in the league as our new defensive coordinator right? Maybe he and his boy Travis Jones feel confident that they can take Margus' raw talent and turn him into a dominating defensive lineman? I'd love to see it. He's shown flashes of dominance, albeit against questionable competition but at least you see the potential. The dreaded P word.

It'd be a tough choice between Brandon Williams, Kasheem Greene, and Margus Hunt if they are all there in the 2nd round at the Hawks selection. It's possible one of them slides to the 3rd round but I doubt it. I'd hate it if the 49ers landed Hunt as Smith's eventual replacement. Let him learn behind Justin Smith for a little bit, have him wreak havoc on special teams for a while, and then when Smith's done you slot in Hunt and Aldon Smith might have another animal in front of him making his life easier. I'd hate that. So yeah, Viva Estonia!

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 953
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Wouldn't rule it out.


I got roasted alive when I suggested in my mock that Margus Hunt would be a consideration at #56 if he's there. I dunno, to me, Hunt just screams the kind of Pete Carroll/John Schneider pick that they have become infamous for. If he's there, I don't believe they could resist the unique physical toolset that he has.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:13 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
Hawkscanner wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Wouldn't rule it out.


I got roasted alive when I suggested in my mock that Margus Hunt would be a consideration at #56 if he's there. I dunno, to me, Hunt just screams the kind of Pete Carroll/John Schneider pick that they have become infamous for. If he's there, I don't believe they could resist the unique physical toolset that he has.


I agree. If you trust your coaching staff, you can possibly add one of the most unique and eventually dominating pass rushers in the draft. Earlier in the draft process, Schneider said he was impressed with some of the "unique pass rushers" in this draft. He was probably talking about Dion Jordan, Jarvis Jones, and I'm sure a guy like Margus Hunt is in there somewhere as well. Hunt's also the guy out of those 3 that's most likely to be there in the 2nd round.

If he ends up being the Michael Roos (Estonian) of defense, that'll mean he's a tremendous pick in the 2nd round like Roos was. The difference being, Roos entered the NFL at age 24 and started playing organized football in his senior year of high school while Hunt has only been playing for 3 years and is already 26.

Edit: And the dude plays piano as well! Encore Margus! Brava!

It'd be hilarious to see Red Bryant teaching Margus the ropes of the 5-tech life in the NFL. Red & The Estonian. A rare friendship is born. The men share a love of blocking kicks and become buds for life.


_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:49 pm
Posts: 432
Everybody knows who Hunt is now so I am guessing we won't pick him. Schneider and Carrol only like unique draft picks that no one is expecting them to take.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1417
Location: Blaine, WA
Joey Harrington played piano. See how that turned out.

_________________
<A>
<IMG></A>


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starting to think
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
McGruff wrote:
Joey Harrington played piano. See how that turned out.


Well played, McGruff.

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Snakeeyes007 and 8 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.