A first round mock draft WITH TRADES

JSeahawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2glabrny said:
I bet you stopped reading after seeing that! Like... 'satisfied'.

Well, i very rarely read entire mock drafts. Just scrolled down to see who you had the Seahawks picking. Don't know much about him so didnt have a comment.

pehawk

Reaction score
I read all the way through mocks just to be an ass and poke holes in the logic for each pick. I cant do it here. Good stuff, all the way through. Nine trades seems extreme, but they all made sense. And, it's a mock, so why the hell not have a little fun?

Great work, Gordon. For real.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":e06adim8 said:
I read all the way through mocks just to be an ass and poke holes in the logic for each pick. I cant do it here. Good stuff, all the way through. Nine trades seems extreme, but they all made sense. And, it's a mock, so why the hell not have a little fun?

Great work, Gordon. For real.

I tried to do a similar number of trades to last year... and I think there were ten in round one in total.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rob, while I think Lemonier to the Hawks is more likely than Jones, that was the most insightful draft I have ever seen you do. Really good explanations.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":71g45w4i said:
Rob, while I think Lemonier to the Hawks is more likely than Jones, that was the most insightful draft I have ever seen you do. Really good explanations.

Relax, lets not get his head too big. He was snarky enough with crappy mocks and work. Imagine how unbearable it'll be now that we're all smelling his mule?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":akq67xgf said:
Scottemojo":akq67xgf said:

Relax, lets not get his head too big. He was snarky enough with crappy mocks and work. Imagine how unbearable it'll be now that we're all smelling his mule?
I typed my response before I read yours. I was unaware til now it was a joint sniffing expedition.
Probably not the menage a trois Rob envisioned.

pehawk

Reaction score
Actually it is his fantasy . He just knows short, balding, pasty Irish guys are out of his league.

For real though, good work.

I've found myself wondering alot where Barkley goes. This scenario makes sense. The anarchist in me wants to see him fall to, oh, I dont know, 15 or so, and see what oddball team leaps to grab him. Rams, Vikes, Bengals are sleepers, IMO.

Tayvon to the Rams BREAKS my heart.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":3cw955kk said:
Actually it is his fantasy . He just knows short, balding, pasty Irish guys are out of his league.

For real though, good work.

I've found myself wondering alot where Barkley goes. This scenario makes sense. The anarchist in me wants to see him fall to, oh, I dont know, 15 or so, and see what oddball team leaps to grab him. Rams, Vikes, Bengals are sleepers, IMO.

Tayvon to the Rams BREAKS my heart.
Tavon and Lacy. That would suck.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I can dig it, but it wouldn't be a 5th for those 5 spots. It would likely be an early 4th or late 3rd.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":pdbgztyw said:
I can dig it, but it wouldn't be a 5th for those 5 spots. It would likely be an early 4th or late 3rd.

Denver and Tampa Bay made a similar move by just swapping fourth rounders. You're not going to get a third round pick for making that trade.

Chawker

Reaction score
Hunter is tempting, trading back is a very plausible concept too, but our actual pick will be from left field leaving most of the flock scratching they heads.
I liked your mock, thoughtful and unique.

lukerguy

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":37ke6uiy said:
lukerguy":37ke6uiy said:

Denver and Tampa Bay made a similar move by just swapping fourth rounders. You're not going to get a third round pick for making that trade.

Just because you can find one example doesn't make it truth, my friend. I am correct, that is the base scale for that trade. Of course there are variences in it depending on who's on the board, how deep the draft is, and how badly a team wants a players..

Here are a few examples:

2010 draft

Cowboys get 55th pick
Eagles get 59 and 125 (4th)

That's a 4th for 4 spots in the late 2nd!

Broncos receive pick 22
Patriots receive 24 and 113 (mid 4th)
That's a mid 4th for 2 spots, and we're talking about 5 spots in the 1st round? I think a late 3rd, early 4th is pretty much accurate.

2011 Draft

Browns receive pick 21
Chiefs receive 27 and 70

So, 1 extra spot 6 instead of 5, and a few picks earlier warrants a top 10 pick in the 3rd round. I think it's pretty clear that 5 spots from 25-30 would easily get a late 3rd or early 4th as I suggested.

:lol:

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The two examples you've posted are pre-CBA. The players in 2011 signed post-CBA deals, but the format of the agreement had not been reached when the draft took place.

Last year there were several deals that went under the draft trade chart. Just because the Seahawks 'should' get something doesn't mean it will happen. It seemed to me that last year teams were making deals based on whether the situation was right, rather than sticking to some rigid chart that's a bit outdated these days.

And in fairness, I even noted in the piece that the trade between Seattle and New York was a 'mates rates' deal between Idzik and Schneider. The Jets moved up to get a player they felt like they had to have, Seattle moved down knowing the guys there were targeting would still be there at #30. In that scenario, you're not going to see a deal that sticks to the trade chart.

lukerguy

Reaction score
There was a move from 21-27 that was similar last year as well, but I will just drop it. I feel a though saying a late 3rd or early 4th for 5 picks in the late first isn't unreasonable. That's all I was stating.