No to Matt Scott, Yes to Peter Lalich

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
There's a good SB Nation article on him, I'd link it but I'm on my slow ass phone at work.

Good read though.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
His name is suspiciously close to Peter Baelish. i dont want a guy like Littlefinger anywhere near my starting QB

JKent82

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":148sqefy said:
His name is suspiciously close to Peter Baelish. i dont want a guy like Littlefinger anywhere near my starting QB

Petyr!

And we could just immediately promote him to the front office. He'd kick some ass.

More on topic. He seems interesting.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/3/1/4055052/swag-champ-the-peter-lalich-story

Lalich and Tyrod Taylor were the two top Virginia prospects in 2007, with Taylor going to Virginia Tech and Lalich going to Virginia. Our own Russell Wilson didn't get offered by either and ended up NC State.

Lalich got dismissed on an underage drinking drinking arrest as a sophomore and ended up going straight to Oregon State on scholarship. The next year he got suspended for a boat DUI and released on scholarship.

He then went to Cal U PA, (sat behind the QBOTF PORTIS!) and finished out his days there.

Also talks about football smarts, described as savant-like, and great arm strength. The article is written by someone who was friends with him, so not sure about biases. But seems like a high upside pickup.

kearly

Reaction score
First, I would recommend treating scouting reports like getting into vans with candy. If you don't know who's behind the wheel, there is a better chance it could turn ugly. Or to use a more PG analogy, if you went and saw a movie because 1 random stranger loved it, you might find him to be utterly out of his mind and completely wrong. You'd be better off following a film critic that you agree with and think similar to for movie recommendations.

Anyway, lots of idiots out there, don't trust blindly. I'd rather you not even trust me blindly, if there is youtube material out there for you to decide on your own.

Lalich played for Division II school California U of PA. If that sounds familiar, it's because Josh Portis came from the same school. Lalich had brief stints before that at Virginia and Oregon State before being kicked off both teams for a drinking problem:

During the summer before his sophomore season at Virginia, Lalich was arrested for underage drinking and placed on probation. He ended up starting the first two games for the Cavaliers before his court appearance where he admitted to violating his probation by consuming alcohol. He was dismissed from the UVA Football team the same day.

Two years later, after transferring to Oregon State, he was dismissed from that program as well. This time he was caught operating a boat under the influence of alcohol.

He also admitted to doing weed, which I think bothers me less, but is still an issue.

There isn't much on youtube, but what little I did see I was not impressed with. No zip on his passes, which is funny because the report claims the extreme opposite. Seemed like a 1-read only QB, though to be fair this was back in 2007. Didn't show much mobility. Probably not a ZR QB.

His size, history with being demoted from division I, and unwarranted hype remind me of BJ Coleman out of Chattanooga last year, who went in the 7th round and is currently on their practice squad, which is pretty bad considering the horrific status of Green Bay's backup QB situation at the moment. I don't really hate Lalich, because I haven't seen very much, but I did hate Coleman and I think Green Bay wasted a pick on him.